Rockman X

[REQUEST] News Module

Hi,

I've searched but i couldn't find an easy to use News module.

Basically, what i'd need is to be able to post/publish/unpublish news from the admin control panel and show the news on the website, easily without the need to know HTML or editing any file at all.

The editor will use the existing page editor (easy to use).

Is there such module? or someone in the know willing to take up the challenge?

Thank you (please be nice, i'm new here and still learning prestashop)

We made such a module for one of our clients.. it can display a small block with the latest news, a news page where all the news are found and it's possible to add images or make certain news connected to products, however, the module is not very "good" and it has some minor problems.. but you can contact me and I can share it with you and you can give me some feedback on it so we may improve it. what do you think?

We made such a module for one of our clients.. it can display a small block with the latest news, a news page where all the news are found and it's possible to add images or make certain news connected to products, however, the module is not very "good" and it has some minor problems.. but you can contact me and I can share it with you and you can give me some feedback on it so we may improve it. what do you think?

Thank you.

I have sent you a PM.

Hi men , i need a news module too, i can test it and help to fix the problems, contact me.
ty

Thank you.

I have sent you a PM.

Please sent to me. Thank you.

Not sure if this is any help, but I have UTF-8 CuteNews set up as a module in the center. See http://mohsart.se/
The config is outside of PS, but was very easy to set up.
I basically just use the default installation, all I can think of now that I changed is that I added a >>collapse<< "button" to go back after you click "Read more"

/Mats

Very simple ;)
Too simple to be called a module IMO, but here goes...

1. Install UTF-8 CuteNews, from http://korn19.ch/index.php/
2. Copy and modify one of the simplest modules already present, to display the news (I've included my modified files below)
Note that the path in blocknews.tpl must be changed to reflect your location of the CuteNews installation

For the >>Collaplse<< mod:
In the file [CN install dir]/data/default.tpl, the relevant part is here

{full-story}

<!-- {comments-num} Comments -->
 & g t ; & g t  ; Collapse & l t ; & l t ; 
Posted on {date} by {author}

I'm not sure, but I think I played around a little with some of the width elements too, and there are some settings in the UTF-8 CuteNews admin that you may want to look at.

Hope this helps,

Edit: I added some spaces in the code around the "gt" and "lt" elements to make it show up correct
Edit2: "JS" should be "java" directly followed by "script"

/Mats

blocknews.zip

I’m not sure, but I think I played around a little with some of the width elements too, and there are some settings in the UTF-8 CuteNews admin that you may want to look at.

Could you give us a clue what you modified with regards to width elements in cutenews\data\default.tpl and also the settings within cutenews admin.

I have been playing around with it for a while and I just cannot get it to work ??

I had a look now and I don't recognize anything in that file, so I believe I didn't change anything there. Sorry about that.
What I know I did was change eg the width in the cutenews admin.
However, I think that most changes were to make it look ok on the side panel, and I never got that working; as far as I remember, after I moved it to the Homepage Content section, I didn't have to change anything.

Could you be a litte more specific about your problem and maybe post a screenshot?

/Mats

I cannot provide a screenshot as nothing appears in the left column on Prestashop.

The module has been installed Ok, and its been positioned in the left column.

The path to show_news.php has been changed in blocknews.tpl

Cutenews seems to work fine, a news entry has been added and it can be seen if I enter http://localhost/cutenews/example1.php

Its just getting cutenews to display within Prestashop.

I would guess that the path somehow is wrong, you could try to debug it by supplying a path to another .php file that eg just has a echo "test"; in it. And to see that everything else regarding the module works, try replacing the "include" with a echo "something"; and see if that appears.

Note again though that I never got it to look ok in the left column, but it did show...

/Mats

Nothing seems to work, I have tried echo'ing etc.

In checking the source code for the main page's, left column, there has been no code inserted whatsoever.

Ok, unfortunately I know close to nothing about how these modules, hooks etc work; I just copied code and guessed a little.
My files have it working in the Homepage Content, so maybe there is something about hooking onto that...

Maybe you could move the code in hookHome() to hookLeftColumn()?

blocknews.php

function hookHome($params)
   {
       global $smarty;
       $smarty->assign('news', $this->l('news'));
       return $this->display(__FILE__, 'blocknews.tpl');
   }

blockadvertising.php

function hookRightColumn($params)
   {
       global $smarty, $protocol_content, $server_host;

$smarty->assign('image', $protocol_content.$server_host.__PS_BASE_URI__.'/modules/'.$this->name.'/advertising.jpg');
       return $this->display(__FILE__, 'blockadvertising.tpl');
   }

/Mats

I was just about to add a reply to my message, as follows

Found it.

There is an error in blocknews.php

line 32 - function hookHome($params)

It should read function hookLeftColumn($params)

You can check newsletter module in this thread here

It has following features and functions

1. Newsletter editor (What you see what get HTML editor) with some keywords

2. Newsletter template management

3. Newsletter publish, it will show a newsletter on your store

4. Newsletter delivery function - send news letter as email to selected customers

5. Show what's new block on left or right column

6. Show all newsletter history

7. and many more ...........

for more detail, check the thread link here

Could you PM me with this module? thank you ;)

I need a news module. Please send to me. Thanks.