Popup after register

lovesniper

Hi,

I want to show a popup to the user after he register, the popup is a div..

¿How can I do this? ¿Theres a module already that do this or i have to do it from zero?, in that case.. ¿What files i have to edit?

Thanks!

Hi!;

Thanks for your answer!, ok so i have to code, no problem, im a programmer, the point is..

I dont have so much experience with prestashop, so i need some advice..

When a client register (Submit the register form), prestashop redirects him to my account section..

¿Where are the code that check the form inputs and redirect the client to myaccount section?, When the user check myaccount section I have to check if he came from the register form, to show a popup telling him "You are a part of us now"

Here is the site for more info: http://www.addeditorial.com

Thanks! and sorry for my english!

I haven't tried this one yet but I had some time with AuthController(its in controller folder) for editing some of registration stuff. I think I can give you some hints to start with. So you can override this controller.

There are some redirect function calls in this class. Look for Tools::redirect to find them. Then you can do somework do show that popup(you can stop redirection and put some javascript or redirect to a page with popup etc...your imagination) if you edit the right redirection(it sounded like a quest right :) ).

• 5 months later...

Hi Barantula,

I'm not trying to display a pop-up after registration but to redirect customer to a "Welcome" CMS page i've created.

Here is the deal :

- I found how to change the landing page after registration process (modifying Tools::redirect stuff)

- i succeeded by giving an external link for test purpose (means i put Google URL like this --> Tools::redirect('http://www.google.fr'); and it worked, customer is redirected on Google main page after validating registration form)

- But i cant find how to make the redirection work with an internal link (to the "Welcome" CMS page).

I've tried this : Tools::redirect('cms.php?id_cms=6');

But it keep redirecting to Authentification page

PS : i'm on PS 1.5.2

B.R

Fred

• 9 months later...

Hi Barantula,

I'm not trying to display a pop-up after registration but to redirect customer to a "Welcome" CMS page i've created.

Here is the deal :

- I found how to change the landing page after registration process (modifying Tools::redirect stuff)

- i succeeded by giving an external link for test purpose (means i put Google URL like this --> Tools::redirect('http://www.google.fr'); and it worked, customer is redirected on Google main page after validating registration form)

- But i cant find how to make the redirection work with an internal link (to the "Welcome" CMS page).

I've tried this : Tools::redirect('cms.php?id_cms=6');

But it keep redirecting to Authentification page

PS : i'm on PS 1.5.2

B.R

Fred

Someone found a solution for this?