Contact Us Page Modifications

I am still very new to Prestashop and I am working on setting up my store. On the contact page there does not seem to be a whole lot of customization that can be made. I know how to add additional emails like customer service and such, but I do not like the default setup. I want to change it by removing the order ID and product boxes and add our other information like a traditional contact us page. This is what we have above the text box on our other website and I would like to get something similar using Prestashop.

Street Address

4740 Ingersoll Street.

Houston, TX 77027

United States of America

Email : [email protected]

Phone : 713-395-1508

Fax : 713-893-6924

You can send a message to us using the form below.

Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the response fahadi. I have found the contact-form.tpl but I am not sure how to make the changes I want. I tried deleting the order ID and product sections, but I got an error message when I uploaded the changes. I do not know how to read code so I probably deleted too much. Could you show me specifically what I need to remove or change?

i have changed the contact-form.tpl file for you.... check your PM inbox .........First backup your Previous file and then just copy the complete code from there and paste it into your's contact-form.tpl file.............

Dont' forget to clear your cache to see the changes if you don't know how to clear cache ....Download the module from the link below and clear your cache from it....Dont worry it's free you just need to create an account for downloading it....

http://www.prestatoolbox.com/free-modules/122-clear-the-cache-of-prestashop.html

Other ways to clear your cache

Goto tools->smarty->compile ................... and delete all files inside this folder .... it will clear your cache

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just tested the contact form by sending a test message and it does not seem to have gone through. Do you know the reason for this? Also is there a way I can add this contact form to the CMS list so it appears on the side as well as at the bottom of the page?

Edited by James Neely (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

Hi everyone,

I want to ask too about contact form modification. I want to add new field in contact form. I use 1.3.2 version.

Also i'd try to use 1.4.8 version with diferent contact form, which have field product id, but when i geting email from contact form, information about product id is mising in email.

Can anyone help?

Sorry for my english :)

Can any body help please? :)

Edited by Vaidas (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all. i did it by editing contact-form.tpl file

Also you can do it by your self.

1. find "contact-form.tpl file" from your theme folder.

2. Open it using editing software (like Adobe Dreamweaver) or notepad.

3. Insert below code to line 15 (please use your details)

<p><span style="color: #888888; font-weight:bold">Hotline:</span><br />
<span style="color: #888888;">+00-000-000-000</span><br />
<span style="color: #888888;">+00-000-000-000</span><br />
<br />
<span style="color: #888888; font-weight:bold">Skype:</span><br />
<span style="color: #888888;">skype-name</span><br />
<br />
<span style="color: #888888; font-weight:bold">Email:</span><br />
<span style="color: #888888;">[email protected]</span></p>

Good luck and have a nice day. :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys,

I was having a similar problem and was doing what was advised, however, my contact us page will now not load!

I honestly don't know what I have done wrong, if anything.

Can someone please help me?

I've deleted the code that was given above, so really not sure how the page still won't load.

Thank you,

Ad

• 3 weeks later...

hi one and all can anyone help me how to create a contact us page with this fields

Name*

EMail*

Address

City,State,Zip

Phone

Comment*

TAX ID-STORES ONLY

can any one help me...? I dont know how and were to create. contact us page and also i need contact us in top horizontal menu..should i create a page or else can i get any module or how can i do it.?

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi, 
Can any one tell me, why my changes on contact form file do not show.
I'd like to add some extra text just above contact form inserting it rigt to contact-form.tpl file, but I can't to see ant changes. WHY? What I am doing wrong? or any body knows how to add some extra text above form?

Hi, 

Can any one tell me, why my changes on contact form file do not show.

I'd like to add some extra text just above contact form inserting it rigt to contact-form.tpl file, but I can't to see ant changes. WHY? What I am doing wrong? or any body knows how to add some extra text above form?

Hi

Can you tell how you insert it?

• 2 years later...

You have to edit the file contact-form.tpl

which you can found in folder

themes->Your Theme Folder -> contact-form.tpl

Don't forget to clean your cache before viewing the changes.

i have edited my contact-form.tpi and none of the changes take effect? any thoughts

• 8 months later...
Hello,

I use version 1.7 and made changes to the contactform.tlp template.

I added two new fields "Name" and "Phone".

Appears on the page and passes the data to the data base table ps_customer_thread. Nice!!

I just can´t add these new fields to the BO customer service, what do I have to do?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SOLVED

I add this code:

/controllers/admin/AdminCustomerThreadsController.PHP

'telefone' => array(

'title' => $this->trans('Telefone', array(), 'Admin.Catalog.Feature'),

'filter_key' => 'telefone',

'tmpTableFilter' => true,

'maxlength' => 40,

),

It works, but is it the best way to add fields in BO?

Greetings,

Miguel Rocha 

Edited by Delivin (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

hi dear newbie, see the problem is about many things, first of all, you need to know how prestashop works, and learn following:

1-Always when ask question, always mention at least the version number, which you can find when you login in your back office. on left side maybe top or down left. it says prestshop version 1.5.6.0 or likewise for more latest versions.

2-try to share a screenshot of the problem, if needed.

3-also there is a iformation page which gives detailed information regarding your php version, mysql version, and many other details to help understand about version.

4- always inform/mention you are using the PS on a localhost computer or online server (hosting) ?

5-mostly this problem happens from a cookie file which can be found on following location of your directory classes/cookie.php

6- or the most common reason can be of .htaccess file which is a hidden file if you are using online webserver in your public_html (also known as www) folder, you might need to show hidden files to see this. you should find helpful to search google with your prestashop version number and how to correct backoffice problem of prestashop 1.x.x.

sometimes

you can contact me for your problems on my email [email protected]

Edited by zeeshan ashraf
need to add some contect forgotton (see edit history)

• 11 months later...

Hello,

I have 1.7.5.1 version and I want to add in contact form a text bellow all forms from Contact us like: Please contact us by this form due we have implemented a ticket system.

How I can do this? Which command to add and where? Again I want bellow Message and above send button.

Thank you.

Screenshot_5.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 4/1/2019 at 6:28 AM, Cr Rad said:

Hello,

I have 1.7.5.1 version and I want to add in contact form a text bellow all forms from Contact us like: Please contact us by this form due we have implemented a ticket system.

How I can do this? Which command to add and where? Again I want bellow Message and above send button.

Thank you.

Screenshot_5.jpg

I am a couple years too late, but for posterity:

/themes/[your theme]/templates/contact.tpl

paste the embed code snippet of your other system's form between the: {block name='page_content'} {/block}

This is assuming you have disabled the 1.7.8.x included "Contact form" module.

Edited by Paul Buisson (see edit history)