PrestaShop Permissions Question

Hello all

I am testing Presta 1.4.7.3 and am trying to rever the permissions back from the requirement for setup. I am testing this on a Linux server.

The problem I have is that the folders "/img" and "/upload" need permission level of 777 to operate. Anything lower and I cannot upload product images in the BO or let a customer upload a file (in product customisation) in FO.

This is a major security risk, meaning anyone can stick a malware in these 2 well known folders. Am I doing something wrong or is this a serious problem?

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Nima

Hi Scotty501

Thank you for your reply. The installation permission aside, can you please tell me what permission level you have now on your "/img" & "/upload" folder? Have you or anyone else been able to run your system with these being less than 777?

Please let me know.

Regards

NIma

Hi Mike

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, no joy for me. I just did another fresh install and still have the same issues. I am attaching a file showing how I set the permissions before and after setup. The ones in red I started from 755 and increased it step by step to get the system to work.

1. /tools/smarty/compile and cache. I started from 755, only when I got to 777, the FO would show product information (until then, I had left and right column fine, but nothing in the center)
  2. /upload. I started from 755, only when I got to 777, I was able to upload a file for a customised product in FO
  3. /img. I started from 755 and I could delete an image through BO, but I could not add a new image to a product until I got to 777.

If I am doing something wrong, I don't know what that is.

Any suggestions? I cannot run the site with these permission levels and I am stuck.

Regards

Nima

post-361308-0-29081300-1336750910_thumb.png

Hi Mike

• /tools/smarty/compile and cache. at 755, there is no error message. FO doesn't show product information (I have left and right column fine, but nothing in the center). 777 fixes this.
  • /upload. At 755, when I try to upload a file in FO for product customisation, I get "

There is 1 error :
    1. An error occurred during the image upload.

[*]/img. at 755 when I try to add an image to a product in BO, I get

1 error

1. An error occurred while copying image.

I hope this helps.

Hello I got a similar problem, I'm now putting a store online, and when I put smarty/compil with chmod 755, I got a blank page.

I have to let in 777 to let the website works... big safety issue

my infos :

Prestashop: 1.4.7.3

server: Linux

server: Apache

PHP: 5.3.10

MySQL: 5.5.21-cll

OVH server

Please I need some help... I found similar problems but no solutions

Thanks

• 5 months later...

I have this issue as well

Prestashop version: 1.5.2.0

If i have the permissions set to 755 my shop is not useable

Logging into to the back office is fine but clicking any link after that takes you to a blank page and never changes

Viewing the site as a customer I can see the index page and can click on products and add them to my cart but checking out goes to a blank page again and never changes

Changing permissions to 777 fixes the back office and front instantly

Server information

Server information: Linux #67-Ubuntu SMP Thu Sep 6 18:15:24 UTC 2012 x86_64

Server software version: Apache/2.2.17 (Ubuntu)

PHP version: 5.3.5-1ubuntu7.11

Memory limit: 128M

Max execution time: 30

Database information

MySQL version: 5.1.63-0ubuntu0.11.04.1

MySQL engine: InnoDB

Tables prefix: ps_

Edited by duindain (see edit history)

• 4 months later...

Has anyone ever figured this out... I moved my site to a VPS recently and had to CHMOD 777 everything in order to not get permission errors.

Here's what I'm running

Server information

Server information: Linux #1 SMP Wed Feb 6 03:10:46 UTC 2013 x86_64

Server software version: Apache/2

PHP version: 5.3.21

Memory limit: 128M

Max execution time: 30

Database information

MySQL version: 5.1.67

MySQL engine: InnoDB

Tables prefix: ps_

• 2 years later...