index images are to wide

Dear users

In this links http://www.shineproducts.nl/ and http://shineproducts...-schoudertassen and also other categories the pictures are all messed up to wide.

The settings in images preferences in the back office from prestashop are this :

ID

down.gifup_d.gif Naam

down.gifup.gif Breedte

down.gifup.gif Hoogte

down.gifup.gif Acties -- -- 1 small 45 px 45 px edit.gifdelete.gif 2 medium 80 px 80 px edit.gifdelete.gif 3 large 300 px 250 px edit.gifdelete.gif 4 thickbox 600 px 600 px edit.gifdelete.gif 5 category 500 px 150 px edit.gifdelete.gif 6 home 129 px 129 px edit.gifdelete.gif 7 large_scene 556 px 200 px edit.gifdelete.gif 8 thumb_scene 161 px 58 px edit.gifdelete.gif

picture.gif Afbeeldingen

JPEG images have a small file size and standard quality. PNG images have a bigger file size, a higher quality and support transparency. Note that in all cases the image files will have the .jpg extension.

WARNING: This feature may not be compatible with your theme or with some modules. In particular, PNG mode is not compatible with the Watermark module. If you encounter any issue, turn it off by selecting "Use JPEG".

Image quality

Use JPEG

Use PNG only if the base image is in PNG format

Use PNG for all images

JPEG quality

Ranges from 0 (worst quality, smallest file) to 100 (best quality, biggest file) PNG quality

Ranges from 9 (worst quality, smallest file) to 0 (best quality, biggest file)

Are this settings all wrong?

i already have tried the regenarate ALL option with no results the pictures stay all messed up.

Someone maybe can help me a little te solve this problem?

i have searched allot but the topics about this kind of problems i read are different from this one asfar i can tell.

Thanks

Peter.

Hi Peter,

In the first screenshot, the top image is warped because you uploaded an image that is not even close to the required aspect ratio. PrestaShop resizes your image to fit the aspect ratio of that specific image's dimensions, so that is why you are having that issue.

In the second screenshot, the issue is just the low quality of the image. When it is enlarged to fit that box, it is blurry because the resolution of the photo is not very high.

In the third screenshot, I'm not really sure what the issue is. Can you please be a bit more specific?

I hope this helps.

-Mike

Hi Mike

ok then i try different images for the problems 1 and 2

- update- i have checked the original image from picture 1 and that dimension is 333x500

when look at the product page then the same picture is displayed in 500x150

problem 3 when you click on the product then you see the actual real dimensions for that bag

that one is not so high from structure as the one in the index.

i have attached the image as it should be for the adele medium bag.

Thanks

post-341967-0-28861600-1336580854_thumb.jpg

Edited by petb (see edit history)

Hi Mike

ok then i try different images for the problems 1 and 2

- update- i have checked the original image from picture 1 and that dimension is 333x500

when look at the product page then the same picture is displayed in 500x150

problem 3 when you click on the product then you see the actual real dimensions for that bag

that one is not so high from structure as the one in the index.

i have attached the image as it should be for the adele medium bag.

Thanks

I'm still a little confused by what you are saying there, but the issue still appears to be due to the small size of your images. If you want them to show up properly in a large format, you will need to upload them in higher resolution.

-Mike