[SOLVED] BO doesn't save changes

Hi all,

Yesterday I noticed that my backoffice (prestashop version 1.4.7.3) doesn't save changes anymore.

Although it does store some changes like adding a new carrier, but when I want to add a picture it doesn't save it. Configurations of modules in the backoffice also aren't saved.

I was retracing the steps I did yesterday because in the morning it still worked and later that day it stopped saving changes. What I did yesterday:

• deleting unused modules from server
  • making changes to blockcontactinfos.tpl (to add more lines of info)
  • setting up file caching

My first idea was it came from the caching so I deleted everything inside the cachefs map. But it still isn't working. So I restored the blockcontactinfos.tpl but after that it still does not work. I doubt it has something do to with deleting unused modules from the server because they were all unused.

Can somebody please help me with this because I really don't know what to do now. And I really need it to get working again.

Deleting unused modules will not cause it and it is a good idea.

Might still be a caching effect. Delete everything in /cache directory except index.php files and the cachefs folder itself. Also delete everything in /tools/smarty/compile directory, except index.php (smarty_v2 if you are using Smarty 2).

When making changes in the back office make sure performance tweaks under Preferences > Performance tab is turned off. Force compile = yes, cache = no. You can revert after you make your changes.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi there, Something similar happen to me. The BO will not save the changes but I did see the changes (sometimes yes sometimes no) at the front office. Its very weird BUT I fixed by adding 15 mg of memory at the user INI (I called my server to do that)

I fixed the issue for a few days but ow the issue came back 

Maybe it has something to do with the memory? I hope this can help you guys!