There are no carriers available that deliver to this address

as the title says really im having a bit of problems doing a test order,

i keep getting to the end and it says ::

There are no carriers available that deliver to this address

at the shipping stage, i don't understand whats configged wrong. anyone point in right direction. i only want a handling charge applied (which has been)

-Groovedude

I had the same problem but ---- SOLVED !!

Click on the "Shipping" tab.

About half way down the page there is a "Billing" section.

You can choose EITHER "According to total price" OR "According to total weight".

If you are getting the "no carriers" message it might be because your carriers are set up to charge by weight

whereas the setting on THIS page is set to total price (or vice versa).

So try playing around with that.

• 1 month later...

I have the same problem. Try any suggestion. I re install PS (1.4.8.2) 3 times. Was working fine 'till I decide to try Canada Post module. The problem start after that. There is no way to go around the BO. I'm not an expert in programming, but, I have the feeling that Canada Post module had alter-ate the SQL database (in bad or in good... more in a bad way). This will be the last time I will re-install PS. If will ever append again then... sorry PS (I buy few module meaning waist my money...) God Bless any one working hard!

• 4 months later...

I had the same problem on v. 1.5.2, and it was driving me crazy as all of the carriers were configured properly with price ranges, weight ranges, and fees for all zones.

If I was not logged in, then the carriers/shipping options would display correctly for my shop's default location (United States). Once I logged in (with an address configured in the US), I would get the dreaded "There are no carriers available that deliver to this address..." mesages.

I ended up putting debug statements in the code in classes/Carrier.php and discovered that the code was calculating that I was in the disabled "North America" zone, even though it was disabled and I had created a new zone called "United States" and configured the country of United States to be in the new zone with the same name!

I then deleted all of the preconfigured zones that came with Prestashop, which had previously been disabled. Upon doing that, shipping is now working correctly.

I hope this information helps somebody.

Thank you very much for sharing this info, Sarafin. I shall test this to see if it helps. I've had several customers experiencing this issue; actually started a thread about it here http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/185424-there-are-no-carriers-available-that-deliver-to-this-address/. Yes, I admit it; later I realized that I had made a mistake, I had not set carrier at state level for Italy (had no idea Italy was using states :unsure:) but that does not explain why customers in countries like Denmark and the UK, where Presta is not using states are getting this error. I thought it had mystically disappeared on its own, as I haven't had anyone reporting it ever since, but today again a UK customer reported this error. It's weird; the major part of my orders are from UK based customers, and they can check out just fine, and then once in a while someone gets this error. :wacko:

• 1 month later...

I had the same problem but ---- SOLVED !!

Click on the "Shipping" tab.

About half way down the page there is a "Billing" section.

You can choose EITHER "According to total price" OR "According to total weight".

If you are getting the "no carriers" message it might be because your carriers are set up to charge by weight

whereas the setting on THIS page is set to total price (or vice versa).

So try playing around with that.

I have shipping set to BY WEIGHT under Billing... I get the There are no carriers available that deliver to this address. when an international order is placed. Is there somewhere else where I have to enable international shipments?

I have shipping set to BY WEIGHT under Billing... I get the There are no carriers available that deliver to this address. when an international order is placed. Is there somewhere else where I have to enable international shipments?