Multiple Carriers Module not working

Hi everyone.

I'm having problems getting the multiple carriers module to work.

I've tried contacting the developer but so far not had a reply.

Has anyone else installed/used this module? I've uploaded the patch files to my override folder but although I can configure the options in the BO, I'm not seeing any changes in my cart.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

UPDATE:

It appears the lack of support from the developer for this module was just a glitch.

I'm pleased to say that once I made contact I was able to get a licence key and then discovered an update was available.

For some reason the version at the PrestaShop addons store is v1.6.0 which doesn't work with PrestaShop v1.4.4.1, once I applied the update, which was very simple and just required clicking a button on the module config page, it immediately started working and is now v1.6.3

One thing this module seems to lack is the ability to allow the customer to choose between carriers, as even if more than one is linked to a product it defaults to the cheapest.

This isn't ideal if a customer requires a more expensive but faster delivery, I'm considering creating a "product" that is an express delivery option, so the customer can purchase faster shipping.

Use the combinations feature in the product attributes I could offer several variations for any products that can have a faster delivery.

This can be linked to from the product description or maybe in a related product module?

Hope this helps others.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...