[Free Module] Account activation by eMail

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Nzodie,

On your site, does this retain the items in the shopping cart after activation? Does it work with one-page checkout? On our site, it empties the shopping cart when people register and activiate during checkout.

Thanks

How did you manage this one I have two issues 

1) Cart gets empty after activation process 

2) When Guest / Express Check out is expected by the user, It sends a Activation mail and asks for registration. It doesnt serve the purpose of Express Check out. 

Please help if you have resolved these issues. 

Thanks 

• 3 months later...

This module works great with prestashop 1.6.1.11. Everithings work fine BUT

affect Customer referral module.

example:

Customer send invitation email through referral module.

New customer receive email with link to register.

Link open and customer register. Everithing seems fine

but

New customer not receive referral voucher.

When disable this module (account activation by email) referral work fine.

Does anyone solve this problem?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i have problem with this module. When i registered like a new customer i receive email with link to register but when i use this link to activate i get page : "Page is not avalible - Sorry, the page you provided is not available."

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Thank Dominick to provide this module! ;) I have a issue when after upload it via ftp (Filezilla) and install by Modules on BO in PrestaShop v1.5.6.3.

When try register a new user on register page show blank and on Google Chrome console have a ERROR 500.

Someone have same issue? or have resolved it?

Thanks for any help!

Tommy

i have problem with this module. When i registered like a new customer i receive email with link to register but when i use this link to activate i get page : "Page is not avalible - Sorry, the page you provided is not available."

Hello tomaszgadek,

How version of Prestashop do you use? Because I not receive any email of link activation..

• 1 month later...

Hello tomaszgadek,

How version of Prestashop do you use? Because I not receive any email of link activation..

Wich one is yours? and version of activationemail.zip? also you have to see kb of zip. i have one installed of 22kb, others around have 9kb, updates isnt usefull for me.. im using 1.6.1.5 and works..

Im also with the problem of quick-orders

when item in cart and order in one step is on i've see a

TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to save account Details: Error thrown: [object Object] Text status: parsererror

in a javascript, i think comes from order-opc.js, but its clear dindt work fine in this way..

Tryed to turn off quick-order, and only make it in 5 steps... you can add items to cart like a guest, and when register all works fine..

So.. this is a posible fix for someone also..

I like to learn now how to make checkout in 5 steps in a javascript window..

Thanks for module, regards.

I've been write much fast than i have to.. so sorry..

Its only in the last step, they clear cart, but this clarify something, its cookie problem i think, also in quick-order, 

i see 

global $cookie;

$id_lang = $cookie->id_lang;
        $cookie->logout();
        $cookie->id_lang = $id_lang;
        $cookie->write();

if someone can help us modifing it for remaining items on cart before verification email is sent..

Thanks, regards.

Wich one is yours? and version of activationemail.zip? also you have to see kb of zip. i have one installed of 22kb, others around have 9kb, updates isnt usefull for me.. im using 1.6.1.5 and works..

Hi Aumanz

I have Prestashop installed at 1.6.1.11 version and module it's at 1.2 (last update find on Google Code link, 2013-07).

Registration work correctly but 2nd email with activation code not send.

Regards.

Tommy

• 4 months later...

I'm trying v1.2 in PS 1.5.5.0.

It worked the first time, and I got the link.

However, once I started translating to spanish the emails, didn't got it working again.

I uninstalled the module and installed it again and again, and now I don't get the emails being sent anymore.

Any hint ?

Hello i've installed same versione of module 1.2 in PS 1.6.1.11 and for me in PS i have installed in italian. 

Then after lot of tests i have transalate it in italian and it Work correctly.

If you're language of website is spanish need translate module by create a copy of en or another language and rename new folder "es".

I hope it help u.

Kind Regards,

Yeah, I did the translation also, but I'm in PS 1.5.5.0, so that may be the difference.

Also uninstalled and deleted the module and even without changing anything, leaving just english, doesn't send the emails anymore ...

All other emails in PS work well.

Hi, you have installed most recent module version ? Then you can check here how to install https://code.google.com/archive/p/activationbymail/ 

I have downloaded my module it's work on PS 1.6.1.11 (i hav only edit link for union data to pass by link in GET).

you can find in attchament below.

Hope find problem.

activationbymail.zip

Edited by Tommy_CiiA
mancava una descrizione dell'allegato (see edit history)

I'm trying again from scratch. How do you translated the emails? manually in modules/activationbymail/mails and created there a copy or in themes/default/modules/activationbymail/mails 

or have you used the back office translation tool ?

Thanks!

I put the PS into debug and display errors, then I saw:

The following e-mail template is missing: modules/activationbymail/mails/es/account_activation.txt

So it seems that the module is not reading the translations from the default theme, but from its own folder, so you need to translate and copy there ...

Also, for some reason, even if you don't do translations, the module doesn't use the english ones if the shop is in a different language.

Now is working.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello, i have installed this module just today.

I receive email, but when push the button i receive this message:

Error occured during account activation. Please contact the support.

Any help?

hace 12 horas, donpablito dijo:

SOLVED, just need change ?LINK to &LINK into activationmail.php

Hi.

Where is the "link" to change to "& link"?

Can you attach the .php file?

Thank you.

On 10/12/2018 at 1:03 AM, donpablito said:

Dear Friend, pls note that the follow problems:

if we use FRIENDLY URLS need use ?link when create link
if not we can change to &link.

great point. U are right

thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Having an issue.

account got created correctly, but no link into the email in order to activate the account.

When I check the new account just created into CMS admin part, it appears it is not enabled...

using prestashop 1.7.4.4 with a customized template.

Any idea?

Thank you.

Regards,

Guillaume

14 hours ago, giom said:

Hi,

Having an issue.

account got created correctly, but no link into the email in order to activate the account.

When I check the new account just created into CMS admin part, it appears it is not enabled...

using prestashop 1.7.4.4 with a customized template.

Any idea?

Thank you.

Regards,

Guillaume

Do you get any email? If not! I think this is because of one of your modules in your customized theme which breaks the request and really before the hook for email module get run, the customized module return a response! Im not sure

Hi,

thank you for the reply.

Yes Indonreceive an email but only the  usual confirmation email, cause this option is  enabled into my prestashop.

but no email with activation link...

how could I fix it , please ?

thank you

regards.

4 minutes ago, giom said:

Hi,

thank you for the reply.

Yes Indonreceive an email but only the  usual confirmation email, cause this option is  enabled into my prestashop.

but no email with activation link...

how could I fix it , please ?

thank you

regards.

If U do not receive an email with the activation link, another module is intercepting the request and render the response! I do not know what modules U have!

• 1 month later...
On 11/26/2018 at 11:23 AM, Hessam said:

If U do not receive an email with the activation link, another module is intercepting the request and render the response! I do not know what modules U have!

Hello,
I have the same problem..
ps 1.7.4 ... when I register I receive the usual confirmation email but I do not receive the activation email + link
I also tried to disable the option to send confirmation email registration in customer preference but it does not work ..

* I add that after registration I correctly receive the message "An activation email is sent to your email ..." and the account is deactivated ... just sending the right email is missing

what could be the problem?
thank you

Edited by mattiak78 (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
En 14/2/2019 a las 11:31 AM, centoasa dijo:

Presta 1.7.5: for me too, this module doesn't send activation email.

I have tested in 1.6.1.23 and in 1.7.5.0 working well in both versions.

You have to look carefully at the creation of the folder and files for store languages.

Grettings.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 3:30 PM, freiserk said:

I have tested in 1.6.1.23 and in 1.7.5.0 working well in both versions.

You have to look carefully at the creation of the folder and files for store languages.

Grettings.

What did you do to get it to work?

Everything is enabled - I get the confirmation email, however I do not receive the activation email. 1.7.5

hace 19 horas, shaolinmilk dijo:

What did you do to get it to work?

Everything is enabled - I get the confirmation email, however I do not receive the activation email. 1.7.5

Hi.

Put cache off.

And clean files of dir /var/cache

hace 1 hora, shaolinmilk dijo:

Do I delete the "prod" folder that is in /var/cache? It has a bunch of other folders and files in there.

I mean to delete the files and folders of the smarty cache.

1 hour ago, freiserk said:

I mean to delete the files and folders of the smarty cache.

I'm still not understanding. So I go to "Performance" and clear the cache there. What else do I need to empty? Inside  the /var/cache folder, there's a "prod" folder which I assume to not delete.

cache.jpg.9934d70b7f40104ddf88a199d9334bfa.jpg

hace 10 horas, shaolinmilk dijo:

I'm still not understanding. So I go to "Performance" and clear the cache there. What else do I need to empty? Inside  the /var/cache folder, there's a "prod" folder which I assume to not delete.

For example:

inside the cache folder:

- If you have the "dev" folder.
I delete all the content inside the "doctrine" folder.

- In the "prod" folder.

- I delete all the content inside the folder "containerxxxxx" and "doctrine".

I enter the "smarty" folder and delete all the contents inside the "cache" and "compile" folders.

I also delete the contents of the "twig" folder.

And finally I delete the file "class_index.php"

Greetings.

Edited by freiserk (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Hello

If it will help someone in the future. I had the same problem, adding the module and I never received the activation link (prestashop 1.7.5.1). My issue was solved by going in modules/activationbymail/activationbymail.php and change the path for the mails folder template from the mail send function.

From this

image.png.beed7641bc6580e5636c9720bfb39044.png

to this

image.png.ece181afd3b546b4266c5a2b33588ac2.png

as it seems it didn't knew to take the needed folder while searching for the template.

Hope this helps someone

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Hello,

the module activationbymail works fine however I still get spam. In fact on the prestashop to start registration process user need just to enter a mail address even if this is wrong prestashop go ahead. for example a mail address like a@b.com works. After that the registration page appears and when the button register is pressed registration starts.

This module send a registration link to a@b.com at the end I will have on the shop a customer that for sure is not activated because the address is not valid or if valid the person will never click on the activation.In any case I still have all the spam on my database:

Is there a way to send activation email before enter customer information? In that way we don't have this problem.

thanks

Giovanni

1639290226_activationmailspam.thumb.png.ca401feb873c6c8457a763f24f90ac99.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,
Prestashop 1.6. This module works fine for me but when i use the Instant Checkout i get this error:

TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to save account Details: Error thrown: [object Object] Text status: parsererror

any ideas how to fix it?

• razaro locked this topic