jhnstcks

[Free Modules] New Products Block New Layout

This is a redesign of the native new products block. (see image below)

Its based on the Prestashop Default theme, so will probably need a few tweaks for customised themes.

Any problems post here and I will see what I can do.

Translation issues fixed

New module for v1.5 http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235588-new-products-block2-for-15/page__view__findpost__p__1160496

post-10772-0-72517500-1335434717_thumb.jpg

New Products Block Modules redesigned.zip

• Like 11

i installed it but dosent show up in the Backend ... PS 1.4.5.1

i installed it but dosent show up in the Backend ... PS 1.4.5.1

Then you didn't install it properly, is it visible in the modules folder on your server?

• Like 1

Now it shows up ... thanks for the quick reply.

• Like 1

Hello Mr. jhnstcks, Can i display the price instead of the short description? I tried to modify the TPL file, but no luck. Thank you :)

Hello Mr. jhnstcks, Can i display the price instead of the short description? I tried to modify the TPL file, but no luck. Thank you :)

Did you turn force compile on and turn cache off on preferences>performance tab?

Replace line 41 with

<dd class="{if $smarty.foreach.myLoop.first}first_item{elseif $smarty.foreach.myLoop.last}last_item{else}item{/if}">{if !$priceDisplay}{convertPrice price=$product.price}{else}{convertPrice price=$product.price_tax_exc}{/if}</dd>

Oh and you might need to add some styling also

Hi,

Would you tell me how to change it in French?

Works so well it really should be the default setting in prestashop. - Thanks so much. How hard is it to do the same with the top sellers listings also? cheers.

I agree , it's really nice module.

I have a question though . How can I show new products without short description ?

In the blocknewproducts2.tpl file comment out or delete line 41. Not sure what effect this will have on the layout though.

I had a issue with the background url as with the way it was I got the ? mark background.

Strange thing is I have used this same code to pull images from the img folder with no issues.

Here is what the file has now:

.new_products_block ul {padding-top:10px; background: url("../img/block_bg.jpg") repeat-x scroll left bottom #F1F2F4}

Changed to:

.new_products_block ul {padding-top:10px; background: url("../../../img/block_bg.jpg") repeat-x scroll left bottom #F1F2F4}

added the ../../ and all works fine, just thought I would post in case anyone else has this same issue.

applied to both instances of background url.

Update to above all of the sudden that stoped working and the ? marks were back so I fixed it once and for all:

.new_products_block ul {padding-top:10px; background: white}

I guys i already insert one file with my language country, and i put all fields in my language, but in the front page not change nothing, when i make the refresh, stay always in English, something is blocking this part.

Can you tell me how to change this plz..

Nice Block tks..

Cant find the blocknewproducts2.tpl file anywhere! There is no folder /blocknewproducts2 or /blockproducts2 under ../modules

plz point me to the location

Thanks

There is one, just didnt see it!

Edited by Mr.Orange (see edit history)

Hello!

I have a problem with the translation of this module. I translated it in my admin area as "default - blocknewproducts2". This doesn't solved my problem so I copyed the blocnewproducts2.tpl file to my own theme folder '/mytheme/modules/blocnewproducts2'

After that i translated it again in the translation area as "mytheme - blocknewproducts2". The php file for the translation was created correctly, but the language of the module on my page is still english. I tried to reset the module, without luck.

(Tried with 3 web browsers, its not browser refresh problem)

Hello tdr170,

Update to above all of the sudden that stoped working and the ? marks were back so I fixed it once and for all:

.new_products_block ul {padding-top:10px; background: white}

This module was working perfect for me then I moved to new server and now have this:

http://74.117.145.119/~tooters/

I have adjusted the code to your posting and forced recompile, etc.. Do you have any other advice?

Thanks so much!

Got it. If anyone else has this problem just keep in mind the above code posted by tdr170 is located in 2 places and must replaced at both.

cheers

Hello

Translation dont work in this module.

Can someone give a direction where to look for?

Thanks

In the tpl file blocknewproducts2.tpl find all instance of mod='blocknewproducts' and change too mod='blocknewproducts2'

That will enable translations correctly.

In the tpl file blocknewproducts2.tpl find all instance of mod='blocknewproducts' and change too mod='blocknewproducts2'

That will enable translations correctly.

unfortunately this change did not fix the problem. I changed all like you said in mod='blocknewproducts2', nothing happened. May there be another thing to fix for it to work?

Whell that works for me but i've done and something more.

I changed the .css file to blocknewproducts2.css and change all instances i found in the files to point to the new filename.

So the problem is the filename redirections inside the files.

Check that everything look in the correct file names and it will work.

Or try my version!

blocknewproducts2.zip

unfortunately this change did not fix the problem. I changed all like you said in mod='blocknewproducts2', nothing happened. May there be another thing to fix for it to work?

No there is no other fix, as this is the fix. Did you go back and do the translations again using the translations tool? Did you force compile and turn off cache?

Hello mr jhnstcks.

I love this module. Have a site im going live with real soon so been testing in multiple browsers. Not sure if you mind checking, but in IE7 the module is throwing my site off. Can yourself or anyone have a looksy?

Its here: http://74.117.145.98/~tooters/

Thanks for everything!

Hi jhnstcks,

i installed this module at my site (running prestashop 1.4.8.3), and it worked nice, but i´m trying to translate it to Portuguese but it´s not working..

I translated the "Translation of installed modules", i also changed/translated the /modules/blocknewproducts2/blocknewproducts2.tpl (changed "New products" to "Novos produtos") but still show in english...

When i click to see all new products, it redirect correct, to mysite.com/novos-produtos instead of mysite.com/new-products (which is fine!)..

Any idea how to translate it?

All the best

James

**** UPDATE****

I just disabled cache and forced compile and now it´s working nice! My fault, sorry.

Edited by jamis007 (see edit history)

I made change of css, here are:

.new_products_block ul {padding-top:10px; background: #F1F2F4} 
.new_products_block ul li {float: left; margin:1px 10px}

.new_products_block h5 a {font-weight:bold; float:right;margin-top:6px;font-size: 9pxmargin-bottom: 4px;width:107px}
.new_products_block dl dt a {font-weight:bold}

.new_products_block dl {clear:both;padding:2px 0 0 0; background:#F1F2F4}
.new_products_block dl dt {margin:9px 0 0 0}
.new_products_block dl dd a {font-size: 10px;}
.new_products_block dl dd a img {}
.new_products_block dd {height:1em;margin-left:84px}
.new_products_block p a.button_large {margin:0 0 0 5px;}
.new_products_block img {height:80px;width:80px}

After that, no watermark ? again :lol:

Hi

I made the changes like jhnstcks said in line 41 but all the new products have the same price.

I use ps 1.4.8.2

also in ie7 there is a problem

Thanks

Hi, I just installed this module but then I got the following error when trying to register an account:

TECHNICAL ERROR: unable to save account

Details:

Error thrown: [objectXMLHttpRequest]

Text status: parsererror

I then disabled the module and the problem was solved. Any ideas?

PS 1.4.9

Cheers

EDIT: Just reinstalled the module and everything works fine. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by pel024 (see edit history)

Edit: Solved by removing

new_products_block img {height:80px;width:80px}

Looks good, except for one thing: All the pictures are blurry(!)

(1.5.2)

/Mats

Edited by mohsart (see edit history)

Thanks pel024.

I have install it in PS 1.5.2 and works fine, I have changed too that instead show the short description, show the price.

Only two thinks, please see the image attached, prices are nos aligned to title, they began more to the left, can I align them just under the description?, I guess that has to be done in the CSS file but I am not sure.

I will like too to set a line jump between the pcrice and the manufacturer in order not to be all so close.

The other thing is that I am agree with mohsart that pictures are a little bit blurry in PS 1.5.2, how can this be solved?

Many thanks.

post-378827-0-35704200-1353763122_thumb.jpg

Hello,

Thanks fo rthe block is awesome.

I have changed description to price but I need the price to jump one line down, make the font bigger and bold. How can it be done?, I have played with the CSS and I cannot see any changes.

Please see the image attached

Thanks

Sorry, forum says image is too big to upload but its only 15 kb, I you need further explanation of the previous post I posted please tell me.

Wiaiting for any answer.

Funny, removing

height="{$mediumSize.height}" width="{$mediumSize.width}

fixed it

/Mats

Hello, i have two problems. First, the images don't appear. Second, the translation didn't work. What i have to do? Please help me..Thanks

Prestashop 1.5.2.0

Edited by Guilherme Dutra (see edit history)

I did the change recommendation of the post #8 which change the description to show the price and it shows the same price in all the items.

Any ideas to fix this for showing the correct prices of each product?

Thanks

This mod is just what i am looking for but all i get is no images and it is jumbled up

I have almost new install of 1.5.2

I have tried a number of posable fixes and tried johnnnyme version still same thing.

To view goto www.projectpb.com/shop or use image i added

Thanks

Jeff

post-80008-0-31775700-1354516459_thumb.jpg

Edited by projectpb (see edit history)

I have a warning "Warning: Function addCSS() is deprecated [...]"

Should this be changed, and if so to what?

Edit PS 1.5.2

/Mats

Edited by mohsart (see edit history)

Hello,

Module is working fine for me with the exception that if I click "Show all New Products" button, it show me the same number of products shown in the home page and configured into de module.

Any ideas?

Hi,

thanks for this. I have installed it and all is fine but I can't see each product image on the block my website is www.bluenosecases.co.uk

Can someone please advise?

Thanks

Hi, thanks for your module. I have installed your module and changed line 41 as above to display product price instead of short description. However all the products show the same price, can you please help?

Ivy

Thank you for this module.

but ive a question is it possible to alter the text?

Edited by mr_i (see edit history)

I have a warning "Warning: Function addCSS() is deprecated [...]"

Should this be changed, and if so to what?

Edit PS 1.5.2

/Mats

For anyone receiving this error message you need to change line 116 of blocknewproducts2.php as follows:

Change this:

Tools::addCSS(($this->_path).'blocknewproducts.css', 'all');

To this:

$this->context->controller->addCSS(($this->_path).'blocknewproducts.css', 'all');

• Like 1

For you who are having a same price appearing problem, please change to code from:

<dd class="{if $smarty.foreach.myLoop.first}first_item{elseif $smarty.foreach.myLoop.last}last_item{else}item{/if}">{if !$priceDisplay}{convertPrice price=$product.price}{else}{convertPrice price=$product.price_tax_exc}{/if} </dd>

to

<dd class="{if $smarty.foreach.myLoop.first}first_item{elseif $smarty.foreach.myLoop.last}last_item{else}item{/if}">{if !$priceDisplay}{convertPrice price=$newproduct.price}{else}{convertPrice price=$newproduct.price_tax_exc}{/if} </dd>