New line in product list - short description

gregor123

Hi,

Anyone maybe knows how to make new line in product list description, so it will look the same as short description at product review.

I want to have same text with new lines in product review description and product list description. When I write product description and when i check it out in product list there are no lines in product description, it replaces "new line" with "space".

i have prestashop 1.4.7

post-355305-0-60863800-1335359266_thumb.png

Hi,

Anyone maybe knows how to make new line in product list description, so it will look the same as short description at product review.

I want to have same text with new lines in product review description and product list description. When I write product description and when i check it out in product list there are no lines in product description, it replaces "new line" with "space".

i have prestashop 1.4.7

I think you have to enable short description html, to do so edit product-list.tpl file and remove " |strip_tags:'UTF-8' " from " {$product.description_short|truncate:360:'...'|strip_tags:'UTF-8'} "

• 7 months later...

I think you have to enable short description html, to do so edit product-list.tpl file and remove " |strip_tags:'UTF-8' " from " {$product.description_short|truncate:360:'...'|strip_tags:'UTF-8'} "

Does not work for me!

{$product.description_short|truncate:360:'...'}

Also does not work.

{$product.description_short|replace:' ':' '}

Printing {$product.description_short} Gives me the string with   spaces. In the DB the string has no  

What i have to do?? :(

• 2 months later...

I know this topic is already a few months old, but maybe someone encouters the same problem.

I solved it by editing product-list.tpl and changing

{$product.description_short|strip_tags:'UTF-8'|truncate:360:'...'}

(around line 45)

to

{strip_tags($product.description_short,'<br>')|truncate:360:'...'}

This strips everything except the newlines.

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...