Mail Alerts module doesn't show up in the back office

Hello there,

Could anybody help me with the Mail Alerts module? I can see it's on the server modules/mailalert but it doesn't come up in the back office. I saw that some other users had a similar issue and it was related to the memory limit. I've increased it to 512 but it didn't help.

Any ideas on how to fix it? I use Presta 1.4.6.2

Hello there,

Could anybody help me with the Mail Alerts module? I can see it's on the server modules/mailalert but it doesn't come up in the back office. I saw that some other users had a similar issue and it was related to the memory limit. I've increased it to 512 but it didn't help.

Any ideas on how to fix it? I use Presta 1.4.6.2

Well I have the same problem, modules working but they don't happear at admin.Its saying that memory_limit should be larger, but its already donne, and problem still remains..

Well I have the same problem, modules working but they don't happear at admin.Its saying that memory_limit should be larger, but its already donne, and problem still remains..

I had that message before as well "memory_limit should be larger" but since I've increased memory this message is gone. However mail alerts module still doesn't show up so I assume it might be a compatibility issue or something else.

I had that message before as well "memory_limit should be larger" but since I've increased memory this message is gone. However mail alerts module still doesn't show up so I assume it might be a compatibility issue or something else.

What's you php.ini file?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

up the topic :)

as for me, I do not receive mails when a customer is registered, or when an article is bought... (I'm not sure if this is abouth the Mail Alert module or any other problem, because I do not see this module in my BackOffice)

I just created the website, but it could be a trouble soon enough ^_^

if someone has any ideas.

Thank you

This is a PHp.ini memory limit issue if you can edit your PHP.ini file within your servers control panel find the section on Resource limits.

Mine is located under CGI & Scripted Support Language as you can see I have set mine to 128 more then enough to run Prestashop.

If you can not find the PHP.ini file just call your provider and ask them to increase this limit but also ask if this is editable by you.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

; Resource Limits ;

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

max_execution_time = 300 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds

max_input_time = 600 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data

memory_limit = 128M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume

You should also edit your config.inc.php file located in the config folder of Prestashop and add the line in red below.

/* Improve PHP configuration to prevent issues */

ini_set('memory_limit','128M');

ini_set('upload_max_filesize', '100M');

ini_set('default_charset', 'utf-8');

ini_set('magic_quotes_runtime', 0);

up the topic :)

as for me, I do not receive mails when a customer is registered, or when an article is bought... (I'm not sure if this is abouth the Mail Alert module or any other problem, because I do not see this module in my BackOffice)

I just created the website, but it could be a trouble soon enough ^_^

if someone has any ideas.

Thank you

The module is usually under Administration and will need to be installed and configured.

The module does not send a mail alert when a customer registers but should for new orders and inventory you can get a a free module for customer registration.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/67874-free-module-member-alert-send-notification-to-site-admin-for-every-new-customer-registration/

• Like 1

The module is usually under Administration and will need to be installed and configured.

The module does not send a mail alert when a customer registers but should for new orders and inventory you can get a a free module for customer registration.

http://www.prestasho...r-registration/

Thank you, I forgot that I used a filter for only active modules, so I could not see the module.

I activated it and I get the messages about new purchases and sold-out products.

And I have not migrated to 1.5 yet so I will try out that "New member registration" module.

greetings, :D

DimaM