Tax not showing up at all in cart or checkout - special tax rule

Hi!

I am using PrestaShop 1.4.6.2.

I have added a tax rule for our local Missouri Sales tax rate at 6.925%. All of my products have this listed as the tax rule to follow. In our area I am required to charge this flat tax rate to all purchases regardless of the shipping destination. I am also required to show the amount of tax on a separate line in the checkout process.

Currently I have the settings as follows.

Product set up: Tax Rule is set to my special tax rule added as an additional option in the state taxes.

Tax Options:

Enable Tax: Yes

Display Taxes in Cart: Yes

Base on: Invoice Address

Use EcoTax: No

The taxes are not being caculated nor are they being displayed in the shopping cart or during the checkout process. Is there something I need to be doing differently?

This is the last thing to do before I go live and if I can't get it fixed I will have no choice but to start over with another shopping cart system.

Thank you for your assistance in advance!

Thank you for the help!!

I followed your directions and the tax is now configuring and showing in the amount that PayPal will be charged but it is not showing in the shopping cart as a separate line.

I am using PrestaShop vs. 1.4.6.2. Would it help to upgrade to the latest version for the payment modules?

Thank you again!!

I checked one of my stores, same version of ps and noticed that after a move/reinstalling the database it's behaving the same way. Price and shipping charges showed up in the cart and taxes show up at checkout, but as part of the total, not separate.

I went in to Payment/Tax Rules and clicked on edit for the tax in my state and county. Edit took me to the main worldwide Tax Rule interface. I clicked on North America and all the states said "no tax" I then clicked on my state and enabled the state tax. Also checked off both state and county tax from the drop down. After I checked those rules, the tax lists separately in my shopping cart. Prior to that it added the tax but didn't list it separately in the cart. I guess you would check "all states" and put in your flat rate.

There is a good video how to at Presta Training . Long but worth it. Tax rules are more complicated than they look.

Thank you for the help!!

I followed your directions and the tax is now configuring and showing in the amount that PayPal will be charged but it is not showing in the shopping cart as a separate line.

I am using PrestaShop vs. 1.4.6.2. Would it help to upgrade to the latest version for the payment modules?

Thank you again!!

Give this a shot worked for me and others.

Edit modules/blockcart/blockcart.php

Change this

else

$taxCalculationMethod = Group::getDefaultPriceDisplayMethod();

$useTax = !($taxCalculationMethod == PS_TAX_EXC);

To this

else

$taxCalculationMethod = Group::getDefaultPriceDisplayMethod();

$useTax = true; /*!($taxCalculationMethod == PS_TAX_EXC)*/;

Thank you for all your help!!! Changing the code and setting the tax rules for state and country worked. I also had to change the product tax rule to my Missouri tax rule. Working beautifully!! Thanks again for all the help. This has been frustrating me for longer than I care to admit.

Have a wonderful evening!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi,

I hope this thread is still being watched.

I changed the code as in tdr170's instructions above. I changed first: modules/blockcart2/blockcart2.php but that only caused the checkout block to begin showing tax (but not the summary checkout page). So I then changed modules/blockcart/blockcart.php, but the results remained the same.

In Back Office > Payment > Taxes, I have "Display tax in cart:" checked "Yes" but there is still no tax line on the checkout page that shows the amount of tax. Taxes are being correctly calculated but there is no individual display of the tax amount.

I am using theme prestashop_new on 1.8.4.2 and I have changed to 'force compile -YES' and 'Cache - NO' several times (have also cleared my browser cache repeatedly after making changes).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tony

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: I started a new thread and a solution was provided by our friend Flaunt (thanks chum). I'm posting the link here for others who may have stumbled upon this thread in search of an answer.

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/171952-solved-separate-line-for-tax-amount-not-showing-up-on-checkout-page/?do=findComment&comment=842268

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
post-821865-0-04956300-1420328583_thumb.jpg
post-821865-0-04956300-1420328583_thumb.jpg

Hi!

I am using PrestaShop 1.6.0.9.

I have added a tax rule for our local Spanish Sales tax rate at 21%. All of my products have this listed as the tax rule to follow. In our area I am required to charge this flat tax rate to all purchases regardless of the shipping destination. when I enter the prices for the products the tax rule is not showing directly I have to click 2-3 times on save and stay button then it shows in the back office and then it comes and I have to select it every time and  the separate line of tax is showing in the shopping cart but tax is always showing 0. I have changed all the things but unable to show the tax in the shopping cart. I am also required to show the amount of tax on a separate line in the checkout process.

Product set up: Tax Rule is set to my special tax rule added as an additional option in the state taxes.

Tax Options:

The taxes are not being caculated nor are they being displayed in the shopping cart or during the checkout process. Is there something I need to be doing differently?

This is the last thing to do before I go live and if I can't get it fixed.

Edited by parry27j (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

Hi!

I am using PrestaShop 1.6.0.9.

I have added a tax rule for our local Spanish Sales tax rate at 21%. All of my products have this listed as the tax rule to follow. In our area I am required to charge this flat tax rate to all purchases regardless of the shipping destination. when I enter the prices for the products the tax rule is not showing directly I have to click 2-3 times on save and stay button then it shows in the back office and then it comes and I have to select it every time and  the separate line of tax is showing in the shopping cart but tax is always showing 0. I have changed all the things but unable to show the tax in the shopping cart. I am also required to show the amount of tax on a separate line in the checkout process.

Tax Options:

This is the last thing to do before I go live and if I can't get it fixed.

I have the same problem. Did you find any solution ?

• 1 year later...