(Solved) Adjust Prestashop_new 1.5 Theme to 2 columns

I am trying to convert the Prestashop_new 1.5 Theme from the 3 column layout to 2 columns and want to remove the right hand column. I adjusted the footer.tpl section but for the life of me cannot figure out how to change the global.css file to increase width value of center column so it fills in the space from the removed right column. Thanks much for any help.

SOLVED by jhnstcks (Thanks!):

Change width of grid_5 in Line 47 of grid_prestashop.css from 535 to 728 in my case

• Like 3

Thanks for the suggestion...I looked at all of the center column entries in global.css but I am still stuck. I spend some more time trying to understand how the new 960 grid system works and feel stupid that I am unable to adjust the width. Our page is not really live yet and still in production - I enabled it in hopes that you can help pointing me to the probably obvious line I need to modify. The url to our page is: www.arcticsun-llc.com/store. Thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

I am trying to convert the Prestashop_new 1.5 Theme from the 3 column layout to 2 columns and want to remove the right hand column. I adjusted the footer.tpl section but for the life of me cannot figure out how to change the global.css file to increase width value of center column so it fills in the space from the removed right column. Thanks much for any help.

SOLVED by jhnstcks (Thanks!):

Change width of grid_5 in Line 47 of grid_prestashop.css from 535 to 728 in my case

Would you mind sharing the css? I had a look into it, and found only empty lines, no 535 width specified.

Thanks.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi NewLizard,

I tried your method and successfully removed the left and right columns. Thank you.

But I have this problem --- the featured products, there is no division on this part.. see screenshot.

Pls help me?

MtLJW.png

SOLUTION by NewLizard:

Change line 7 in modules/homefeatured/homefeatured.tpl to

{assign var='nbItemsPerLine' value=7}

Edited by tis-marketer (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

If you just want to get rid of the right column and make the center column adjust automatically, you don't even have to touch the css at all. Open header.tpl and where it says:

<div id="center_column" class=" grid_5">

change it to:

<div id="center_column" class=" grid_7 omega">

That should work automatically since it pulls the css from grid_prestashop.css

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...