[SOLVED] Need help - Short Description of products not showing in BO

Hi! I would like to ask for your help - does anyone know what should I do in order to get short description of products in BO (Back Office) showing again?

BO seemed to work just fine this morning, but now, when I try to make some changes in Short DEscription for products, I can not insert anything in the Short Description box and I don't see any text that I had written before this problem. But, if I go to HTML for Short Description, I can see that the HTML code of Short Description of the product is there, but the text does not show in the box.

But Short description does, however, seem to show fine to my customers.

Any suggestion of what might be wrong and how to repair this bug?

Thank you,

Nina

Hi Nina,

This has been confirmed as a compatibility issue with Firefox 11 and TinyMCE. You can see information on the fix here.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

Hi, Mike!

Thank you for your response.

I've read the posts you suggested and I wrote a replay to a post of a Prestashop forum member named "hurray" here: http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/160920-solved-firefox-11-breaks-ps-1470/

To summ it up: upgrading is not a solution for all users using older versions of prestashop, because we had had to make so many adaptions and changes to our php, html and js documents, that if we upgrade it now, not only the upgrading would mean a breakdown of our e-stores, but there are still so many unresolved issues for some languages (like Slovenian is), that this is definitely not a solutions.

I've tried to do a test upgrade last year and then once more later, but none of them were successful. Everything fell apart and this is also the main reason why I can not upgrade my e-store, eventhoug I would be really glad to do it.

I hope there is any other option besides upgrading my e-store to resolve this issue.

I'm still asking for help.

Thank you,

Nina

It is probably because of the browser you use.

Switch to another and retry. Another thing to check is the update of your current browser. Keep it updated.

One more... If you are using IE, press F12, change the document mode to IE9 standards.

Hi, Caglar!

Thank you for your answer. Yes, Short Description does seem to work just fine in IE, but I don't like IE and it is a true nightmare for me whe using it, because I use several screens when I'm in Prestashop's BO, which means I'd have to use IE then entirely. I still believe it must be some other solution to fix this problem.

But I appreciate your response and help, thank you!

Nina

Hi Nina,

As Carl mentioned earlier in that thread, there is an alternative solution involving upgrading your version of TinyMCE. This was not something we could have predict in the latest release of Firefox, but we immediately took steps to accommodate the changes and pushed out a new sub-version within a couple days. However, if you're not interested in upgrading to the newest version, you will need to upgrade TinyMCE as we suggest in that thread to get this working.

Additionally, we would love to have you submit your Slovenian translation pack to our team to have it listed as an available translation. Our translations are community-driven, so we're always open to submissions such as yours.

-Mike

• Like 1

Hi Nina,

As Carl mentioned earlier in that thread, there is an alternative solution involving upgrading your version of TinyMCE. This was not something we could have predict in the latest release of Firefox, but we immediately took steps to accommodate the changes and pushed out a new sub-version within a couple days. However, if you're not interested in upgrading to the newest version, you will need to upgrade TinyMCE as we suggest in that thread to get this working.

Additionally, we would love to have you submit your Slovenian translation pack to our team to have it listed as an available translation. Our translations are community-driven, so we're always open to submissions such as yours.

-Mike

Hi, Mike! As many times before, you managed to help me again and I thank you for that. It is true what you wrote that there is an option of solving the problem without having to upgrade your Prestashop. I followed the suggested steps of TinyMCE upgrading/rewriting and this worked just fine for me!

Thank you for your help!

As for Slovenian translation of Prestashop - which folder do I have to suggest and where can I find it? I've made almost all my translations "by hand" which means it took me hours and hours of work by translating each line in the BO/translations, aditionally, I translated some files in /mail folder, but the translation is adapted to my own needs, which means there are many "lines" which would not suit all Slovenian users.

What is more - there are some modules I have not translated yet, because I don't use them, which means this translation is not complete. And my .pdf's still don't work - I have not found the solution to this problem yet, although I've tried many suggestions.

I use Prestashop 3.2.1 version and I'm not sure whether this is ok in case someone applies my translations to hi/her earlier versions of Prestashop. Any suggestion here would be welcome and if I can help someone, yes, I'd be glad to do this.

Best regards,

Nina

Hi Nina,

First of all, thanks for the update, and I'm glad that worked for you! As for the translations, we are actually just rolling out a tool for our translation contributors where you can apply to help us out as well, so I'll let you know as soon as the new page is deployed!

-Mike

• Like 1

Hi Nina,

First of all, thanks for the update, and I'm glad that worked for you! As for the translations, we are actually just rolling out a tool for our translation contributors where you can apply to help us out as well, so I'll let you know as soon as the new page is deployed!

-Mike

MIke, hi!

Great, I'll be glad to contribute to the community of Prestashop, so do let me know, please, when this plage is deployed.

Thanks,

Nina