how to disable short description on the "Featured Products" on the homepage?

below attach file is my "Feature Products" picture, anyone can help me how to disable short description on the "Featured Products" on the homepage? to make the short description not show up on the homepage "Featured Products", to make each product information shorter, so I can put more products on the "Featured Products" but it look nice, thanks.

post-339778-0-85028700-1334211201_thumb.jpg

please I do need help! I found solution to how to disable short description on the Featured Products, and I know how to disable it , it did work. but I got another problem, you can see the picture below: the first one is when I am not disable short description, another one is disable short description. the problem is I do change the global.css :

change from :

Find this on line 949:

#center_column div.products_block div.product_desc { margin: 0 5px }

to

#center_column div.products_block div.product_desc { margin: 40px 5px 0}

to make the Feature Products can display a long name of product ,

the problem right now is first the Feature Products can not display the long name for the products anymore, second is at the bottom of the Feature Products there is long dark gray block, and it make the homepage longer and it shouldn't be so long. anyone can help me how to fix the problem , I think it should be change somewhere in the global.css, but I don't know where, please anyone can help me , thanks

post-339778-0-91276600-1334213986_thumb.jpg

post-339778-0-89324600-1334213987_thumb.jpg