Shipping not calculating for all carriers

Ok, I have searched the forum thoroughly, I have submitted a bug report but it got assigned to someone that hasn't been online in over 2 months and quite frankly, i need help on this asap. The problem is my cart is only charging the shipping cost of one of my carriers. I have carriers set up for Continential US Standard Shipping, Continential US Expedited Shipping, AK/HI Standard Shipping, AK/HI Expedited Shipping, FPO/APO Standard Shipping, FPO/APO Expedited Shipping, US Territories Standard Shipping, US Territories Expedited Shipping, Canada Standard Shipping, Canada Expedited Shipping, Beachside Cycle & Surf (name of the store, default shipper for free pick up in store), and International Shipping. For each carrier I have the price range set for $1 to $1,000,000 to cover all products, all amounts. I have 6 zones to correlate with the carriers and they are all set correctly. I have all the countries set to its correct zone. Basically, everything is set up correctly, checked multiple times over the last 48 hours even (as this problem just showed up with our first international order).

Now, we have a base price for shipping based on delivery address (carrier price) and then an additional shipping charge of $2.50 for each product so that the shipping cose increases accordingly (we don't have the weights of all products, this is how I worked around the issue of prestashop not having the ability to calculate shipping based on quantity).

If a customer is in the US and is just wanting standard shipping, it calculates and charges correctly...however, if they want expedited shipping or if it is in on of the other zones, it will show the amount they are supposed to pay but does not charge them nor does it send that shipping amount with the total going to paypal.

I need to know how to fix this asap as we are getting more and more orders everyday. If you need further clarification on anything, please message me or comment here, i will be notified via email and will answer right away. I have attached 2 screenshots, one of a standard shipping US order which calculates correctly and one of an international order which so does not even close to calculate correctly.

Lastly, my URL is http://www.cycleandsurf.com and we are using Prestashop 1.4.6.2 and no, upgrading is not an option. I did that before and it screwed everything up so bad that i had to revert to the previous version.

post-325013-0-85039000-1334064000_thumb.jpg

post-325013-0-08661700-1334064004_thumb.jpg

Hi Mike, i didn't get notified there was a reply...here is the link that you requested:

http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSCFI-5390?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Aall-tabpanel#issue-tabs

its PSCFI-5390 if that link doesn't work for some reason.

thanks and i will change my notifications. :)

Brandi Matteson, Manager

Beachside Cycle & Surf

If you click the link i gave you it opens the bug issue report. in the top right corner it gives the name of the person assigned to this issue, if you click on that name, it goes to his profile which shows the last activity was back in February. So how about i rephrase that the person that is assigned to this issue showed last activity 2 months ago. But considering the issue (and from what i have seen on the forums has been an issue), is that really important? I mean if it is, cool, great, happy to let you know where i found my info, i just can't see the issue compared to a monetary issue that could effect future use of prestashop.

just my opinion, sorry, in my other job i'm a journalist and editor with 20K readers...i have a tendency to write my thoughts.

If you click the link i gave you it opens the bug issue report. in the top right corner it gives the name of the person assigned to this issue, if you click on that name, it goes to his profile which shows the last activity was back in February. So how about i rephrase that the person that is assigned to this issue showed last activity 2 months ago. But considering the issue (and from what i have seen on the forums has been an issue), is that really important? I mean if it is, cool, great, happy to let you know where i found my info, i just can't see the issue compared to a monetary issue that could effect future use of prestashop.

just my opinion, sorry, in my other job i'm a journalist and editor with 20K readers...i have a tendency to write my thoughts.

Well I can assure you that the information there is not correct, as this developer is very active in PrestaShop. Keep in mind that our developers spend most of their time working on new versions and features, and aren't dedicated 100% on the Forge. It looks to me that our developers have already looked into this and determined that it is not in fact a bug within our software, and reassigned it to a member of our support team. If you would like more information though, I would recommend you post directly to the ticket.

And don't worry, I know the feeling. I have 300K-plus readers here, and got out of journalism when I saw the impending crash :P .

-Mike

DOH! well don't i feel sheepish now. sorry, just have boss driving me crazy because we can't really do any international business until this is fixed. I have looked everywhere on the forum, google, the bug reports, etc trying to find a fix (as that is how i fixed all my other user errors..lol) and this one has me stumped. I have looked in the back office to see if its a setting that i missed, checked in the database to see if its something there and can't find a thing. I will try posting to the bug report itself, but if you can pass along any advice of anywhere else to look or any possible setting to check, i would be grateful.

Yeah, the writing thing...i hear ya there on the crash, but its a passion and believe me when i say i would not want your job here...lol. But i will say that you have helped me alot just from reading your previous posts, it has gotten me in the right direction many times. :) Thanks Mike, you are very appreciated, sorry i didn't say that before, but its definately true. :)

Brandi

• 5 years later...

Hi,

I am having the same problem.  The shipping calculates correctly for the customer but in the back office it only calculates one carrier instead of two and only shows that the customer only paid for one item instead of showing both items.

What is the solution for this?

Thanks