[SOLVED] A problem when Moving prestashop from one host to the other

Hi

After moving my prestashop store from one host server (shared hosting on godaddy) to another VPS , I encountered the following error which it appeared on the error.log of my pache server when surfing to my site:

[Tue Apr 10 15:40:46 2012] [error] [client 82.81.145.204] PHP Warning: include() [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: Failed opening '/srv/www/zoe/public_html/tools/smarty/compile/d71076a94d2311bef274e802eea0e6c47e8fabf3.file.footer.tpl.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /srv/www/zoe/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php on line 433

The admin panel was working, only the store front was not loading...

Finally i resolved the problem like so:

go to the admin panel -> Preferences -> Performance

1. set the "force compile" to "Yes"

2. set the cache to "No"

3. Save changes

4. surf to the website - it should be working now

5. go back to the admin panel -> Preferences -> Performance and set the "force compile" to "No" and the cache to "yes"

Good luck !

Dror

Hi

One side note to add: I also had the following error after the above was done:

[Wed Apr 11 10:23:13 2012] [error] [client 82.81.149.211] PHP Warning: chmod() [<a href='function.chmod'>function.chmod</a>]: No such file or directory in /srv/www/zoe/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_write_file.php on line 50

[Wed Apr 11 10:23:13 2012] [error] [client 82.81.149.223] PHP Warning: include(/srv/www/zoe/public_html/tools/smarty/compile/07155268187fa76d51238b82d9ef001a4111ad36.file.blockcategories_footer.tpl.php) [<a href='function.include'>function.include</a>]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /srv/www/zoe/public_html/tools/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php on line 433

I was also required to grant write permission to the following folder: /srv/www/zoe/public_html/tools/smarty

so it was a simple chmod comand from the linux prompt :

chmod -R 775 *

I would recommend running this command from the folder that Prestashop is installed, It will then run recursively and apply the same permissions to all sub-folders

Cheers

Dror

Thanks Mike. I didn't realize

I found this tip, but it did not mention chmod:

http://doc.prestashop.com/display/PS14/System+Administrator+Guide#SystemAdministratorGuide-MovingPrestaShop

Anyway i was mistaken about the last part : i should have used command: chmod -R 777 * (instead of 775) - just in case someone comes across this issue...

using chmod -R 777 * resolved all issues