Syncing PrestaShop with Quickbooks POS

I have a retail store and I am using Quickbooks POS. I would like to add a shopping cart to my website, but would like to have the functionality of 'syncing' the website orders into Quickbooks POS and having the quantities adjust with both as there are sales in either the brick and mortar location or the website.

I really like the looks of PrestaShop, but I am having a hard time figuring out how to 'sync' with Quickbooks POS. I am finding a lot about integrating with Quickbooks Accounting, but not with Point of Sale.

I found a module for Quickbooks Point of Sale, but it says it is in Beta still and is dated a year ago (April) Has anyone tried this module and does it work?

I have also found some documentation on Quickbooks Web Connector. Can anyone address if the Web Connector will perform the same tasks with PrestaShop?

I appreciate any help. I am new to PrestaShop, but not new to shopping carts and websites.

SandyMC

• 2 weeks later...

HI,

We've been in a similar situation over the past year... we started the web business separately, but it has been extremely difficult trying to manage the price and inventory between the webstore and physical store.

We are in the process of switching over our store locations to utilize Quickbooks POS, and we plan to link it with prestashop very soon.

The good news is that there is a solution... it seems like it is the best around and they are constantly updating the connector to accomodate a lot of platforms including PS.

It is called eCC Webgility! http://www.webgility.com/quickbooks-ecommerce-connector.php

There are a lot of supported platforms, but you should read the available functions for PS (link at bottom) to see if it may work.

Since we are still in the process of setting up our POS, unfortunately, we have not tried/tested it yet. I've done a lot of research on it and we plan to implement it within the next month or so. The (maybe) bad news is that is will cost you a monthly fee... which I feel is reasonable esp. for a biz owner, and it comes out cheaper than hiring someone to manage the inventory, price, fill orders, etc.

HTH!

• 4 weeks later...

mytheory, have you had time to assess eCC? I've just installed PS today after having it on my mind for about a year but now have a client that seems prime for it. They have been using POS for about a year and I'm looking at other solutions aside from Inuit - they are an auto parts retailer. I am curious if eCC / POS price-inventory congruency is solid.

Any of your experience would be helpful.

Edited by Ryan Reinike (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Unfortunately, we still have not been able to fully implement our POS systems to all our locations and therefore have not been able to fully test eCC.

We do plan on getting around to it... hopefully by early next year.

There is 1 thing that I am still unsure of... at the time of my earlier postings I was under the impression that eCC could update quantities for product attributes. This is what was listed on their comparison chart for PS; however, after the past few months I have yet to confirm this. Updating attribute quantities are vital to our setup, so this is another issue that has caused some delays for us. eCC seems to be unsure... which is understandable considering they manage many shopping carts and they all function differently.

I will eventually just jump in and test it to see if eCC is capable of everything we need, but to do so we need to get our locations up and running first to fully test.

HTH!

• 4 months later...

there is another product that I have used with a different cart called t-hub and it would make the tax a separate line item and when imported into QBPOS it would post it correctly... maybe the ECC needs further configuration on the tax

• 5 years later...