[SOLVED] Change Reference to SKU

Hello,

I am trying to figure out it if it possible to change the "Reference" field to "SKU". The Reference field does exactly what I need to display a product number, but just as a matter of personal preference I would like it to say SKU. Is this possible?

Thanks

Byron

Hi Byron,

To change that text in your Front Office, you will need to open your theme's product.tpl file and find the following code (around line 321):

<p id="product_reference" {if isset($groups) OR !$product->reference}style="display: none;"{/if}><label for="product_reference">{l s='Reference :'} </label><span class="editable">{$product->reference|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}</span></p>

and replace it with

<p id="product_reference" {if isset($groups) OR !$product->reference}style="display: none;"{/if}><label for="product_reference">{l s='SKU :'} </label><span class="editable">{$product->reference|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}</span></p>

To change it in the Back Office as well, open your admin/tabs/AdminProducts.php file, and around line 2221, find:

<td class="col-left">'.$this->l('Reference:').'</td>

and replace it with

<td class="col-left">'.$this->l('SKU:').'</td>

I hope this helps.

-Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Byron,

To change that text in your Front Office, you will need to open your theme's product.tpl file and find the following code (around line 321):

<p id="product_reference" {if isset($groups) OR !$product->reference}style="display: none;"{/if}><label for="product_reference">{l s='Reference :'} </label><span class="editable">{$product->reference|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}</span></p>

and replace it with

<p id="product_reference" {if isset($groups) OR !$product->reference}style="display: none;"{/if}><label for="product_reference">{l s='SKU :'} </label><span class="editable">{$product->reference|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'}</span></p>

To change it in the Back Office as well, open your admin/tabs/AdminProducts.php file, and around line 2221, find:

<td class="col-left">'.$this->l('Reference:').'</td>

and replace it with

<td class="col-left">'.$this->l('SKU:').'</td>

I hope this helps.

-Mike

And for me, it did not help, I changed the word everywhere possible and nothing has changed.

What is wrong?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...