[SOLVED] How to set Customer group Default?

Dear all,

i'm such a newbie for prestashop and I have question to ask

My shop is open and have promotion to who register within 30 April will get discount, so my question is

is there possible to set that customer who register will automatically move to "my promotion group" not a "default" group?

because now i have to monitor when someone register and do manual to move them to "my promotion group" 1 by 1 ,, too badd :wacko:

do you have mysql access? if so read on:

1. view your new group in back office-->customers-->groups (for example) and note the ID that you want to default to

03.30.2012-16.10.30.png

2. Using PHPMYADMIN to access your database

-Find table [your_db_prefix]_customer

-Field "id_default_group" that has a predefined value of "1" that corresponds with the id of the "default" group in table "ps_group".

03.30.2012-16.01.32.png

3. Change the id_default_group field to the value of your promotion group (in this example '2')

03.30.2012-16.07.23.png

when your drive is over just revert your default group back to '1'

Thank for your answer, now i try to follow your step but, after i finish your step..

now when customer sign up new member they still in Group 1 default, not automatically in my group 2 promotion T-T

Thank for your answer, now i try to follow your step but, after i finish your step..

now when customer sign up new member they still in Group 1 default, not automatically in my group 2 promotion T-T

try backoffice-->preferences--->performance set cache 'n' and try it again...remember to reset back 'y'

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I m writing here, because many of you are developers of prestashop and you will know the answer for sure.

I need to change functionality of Customers - Group logic, do you know, where i can find the scripts??

Where are all scripts of tools of BackOffice, such as customer management, group management, and import??

I can't find it in the file system, nor of those, i have just mentioned.

I do not need to use some extra modules or use back office, i want to edit the code.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

a cheaper alternative is located here (Customer Group Registration)

in addition, you can use this module as a front office block, so the customer can change groups after they register.

(Block Customer Group)

Hi!  Does your software work with PS 1.5.4?  Also, can the group be attached to the My Newsletter & Stats program?  Can the customer/Reseller belong to more than one group?

Edited by LiseCL (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

if my previous post did not work for you, here is another method. Remember to restore your id_default_group back to '1'. You do not need to follow the previous post if you use the following change:

I changed the code as follows and it works on our ps1470, i.e. new default is '2'..

03.31.2012-12.45.46.png

Hi El patron,

I have to setup a particolar customer group in automatic in the registration step for the user with a specific email domain. For example for each user with email [email protected] must be assigned to a specific group  with a discount. How can I do it?

Vers. P.S. 1.6

Thanks 

Angela 

Edited by afshop (see edit history)

• 2 months later...

Hi El patron,

I have to setup a particolar customer group in automatic in the registration step for the user with a specific email domain. For example for each user with email [email protected] must be assigned to a specific group  with a discount. How can I do it?

Vers. P.S. 1.6

Thanks 

Angela 

Hi Angela, sorry for late reply...that coding can be accomplished but it's out of scope of what can be provided in forum screen shots...

• 7 months later...

Hi El patron,

no problem, I solved it. Thanks

Angela

How did you solved, Angela?

I'm interested in set a customer default group different to "Customer" group. I'm thinking in "Validation pending" or something...

PS 1.6