PrestaShop Standalone Import

I need a way of populating a prestashop installation with product information from a XML or CSV post made to the server.

This post would preferably go to a standalone page that will then insert/update the information stored in the database. The images can be FTP to the server.

Does anyone know of a system that exists or somewhere that I can read up on how I would do this?

I have asked Google to no avail already.

Many Thanks

Depending on what you are trying to do, the best way might be to side step prestashop all together and post the information directly to the database. If you are trying to dynamically add products that you "scraped" or have stock products you want in many shop installations this would be the best method.

If you really wanted to be slick you could make yourself an installation without the standard products and have yours there instead.

• 2 months later...

Hi inventive,

In your Back Office, you can go to Tools > CSV Import to upload a CSV file of your Products, Categories and more.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

Is there a way to achieve the same thing but automated like a cron job or something? I want to import data from a local accounting software once a day without human intervention...

Thanks, Andres

Edited by aemb87 (see edit history)