[SOLVED] This web page has a redirect loop

Hi

I've got my website hosted on Dataflame.co.uk. They have Softalicious installed from which I installed Prestadshop (prefering it to Zen cart and a few other ecommerce tools).

Installation is a breeze, and with no customisation at all, Prestashop works well.

However, when i changed the setting to allow "Guest check out" (and no other changes) and go through the checkout, on entering my guest information and clicking "Continue" I receive a "This web page has a redirect loop" from Chrome.

I can close my browser, open it again, navigate to my shop, empty my cart and add another product, and this time on clicking "Checkout" (the step before I enter my login or guest details) I get the same redirect loop error.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and ran through the process of testing no config changes checkout (fine) and then allowing guest checkout (redirect error) three times.

The exact error on IE7, 8 and 9 is a hanging page (I didn't wait long enough to see a timeout) and on Chrome is:

>>>>>

This web page has a redirect loop

The web page at http://cyclerguard.com/presta1/order.php?step=2 has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.

Here are some suggestions:

Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.

>>>>

Any help much appreciated!

Thanks

Sophie

Thanks Mike. Works a treat now. The next step is to understand the different types of UK payment. Ideally I'd just like paypal presented as the payment option but I can work through this.

Is there no way of getting the multi-step purchase process working? Or is it only going to work with the one step?

Thanks again Mike. You're a genius!

Soph

Great, I'm glad I could help! This isn't something that normally happens, but I have seen errors crop up from installing through Softaculous. I couldn't tell you if that was the case in your situation, but somewhere there was likely some sort of configuration error that led to this issue.

However, I personally would urge all users to take advantage of the One Page Checkout feature, as the quicker the ordering process, the more carts you can expect to convert into sales. A long order process is more likely to lead to abandoned carts, so I personally recommend One Page Checkout.

I'll go ahead and mark this thread as solved for you. Happy selling!

-Mike

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

This isn't a solution, it's a workaround. The issue still exists: guest checkout is broken. I have a clean install of 1.4.7, no customizations.

When can we find a fix for this?

http://forge.prestas...owse/PSCFI-4695

I also agree. The one page checkout has too much crap on the page it turns people off. The 5 step is much better because it`s broken up into small portions.

Can somebody please try come up with a solution to this problem?!!