Unable to change copyright info on footer

I've read all of the ways to modify the copyright information on the footer but non of them work for me, I'm really frustrated. I went into Module>blockvariouslinks, but there's no blockvariouslinks.tpl for me to modify, i only have zh.php in it. Then I went Module>blockcms>blockcms.tpl, I manage to changed the "Powered by Prestashop" to "my company name", saved it and refresh but still have no effect on my webpage, it still the same "Powered by Prestashop"??? Can anyone tell me how can I solve this problem??

Have you tried turning on force compile and turning off cache under preferences/ performance.

What you did is correct, now you need to remove the Powered by from all emails. (yes)

Read this.

if you remove from emails copy the lines from an email file as the text is a little different. (Powered with)

http://www.prestasho...stashop-remove/

Wow teach me to walk away from computer two others chimed in while I was away oh well better to much then not enough.

Have you tried turning on force compile and turning off cache under preferences/ performance.

What you did is correct, now you need to remove the Powered by from all emails. (yes)

Read this.

if you remove from emails copy the lines from an email file as the text is a little different. (Powered with)

http://www.prestasho...stashop-remove/

It doen't work for me:( I tried turning "Force Compile" yes and no, on and off "Cache" too, and I SAVE them, still no effect...

When are we suppose to check yes or no for "Force Compile" and "Cache"? Do I have to enable the caching system under the Performance page?

Any time you make a code change you would want to turn force compile on and cache off, then click the link at top of back office page, top left area view my shop.

If you can't figure this out PM me your FTP log in info and I will fix.

Also give me a link so I may look at your shop.

Oh and the name you want to show.

I would like to try on my own first before i give up so fast.

This is what i did, I turned force compile on cache off, check with my blockcms.tpl which I've already changed to my company name previously, so nothing to change, refresh page, the prestashop is still there... I was wondering if blockcms.tpl is not the right file to modify because if I open the source code page in firefox, the powered by prestashop is there and not like the one I changed. Any suggestion?

Yes that is possible check here themes/yourtheme and see if there is a modules folder, not the one in themes/yourtheme/css.

If there is a modules folders in yourtheme folder see if it contains a blockcms folder and edit that TPL file.

Its possible that there is one here if you are using an alt theme and it overrides the one in the standard modules folder.

• Like 2

Yes that is possible check here themes/yourtheme and see if there is a modules folder, not the one in themes/yourtheme/css.

If there is a modules folders in yourtheme folder see if it contains a blockcms folder and edit that TPL file.

Its possible that there is one here if you are using an alt theme and it overrides the one in the standard modules folder.

Finally got the right solution! Thank you so much!!^^

It is the TPL file in the theme/mytheme folder. It works! Yeah!

• Like 1

I would like to try on my own first before i give up so fast.

This is what i did, I turned force compile on cache off, check with my blockcms.tpl which I've already changed to my company name previously, so nothing to change, refresh page, the prestashop is still there... I was wondering if blockcms.tpl is not the right file to modify because if I open the source code page in firefox, the powered by prestashop is there and not like the one I changed. Any suggestion?

make sure you are changing 'your_theme'/blockcms.tpl. The blockcms.tpl under modules/ is overridden by 'your_theme'/blockcms.tpl

oops...I just saw your previous post...I should at least get a like yes? :)

• 4 years later...