Change the text description of bank wire payment.

tpresta

Hello,

I would like to change the description of the bank wire description from:

Pay by bank wire (order process will be longer)

Where do I find this text in Prestashop so that I am able to change this.

(In Australia we tend not to use the term "bank wire", but rather direct bank deposit or bank transfer)

Thanks for any assistance.

Hi Friend,

Try below steps to solve your query.

Log in to back office ---- go to tools ----- find translations --- in drop down select front office translation --- click on modify.

Hope this will help to change all front office containts.

Thanks

Thank you, it worked!

Found it in: Tools > Translations > Module Translations.

Then I clicked the little flag, and changed the text in fields where I saw "Bank Wire" and replaced the whole sentences substituiting with "Direct Deposit - Bank Transfer"

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

When this happens (impossible to translate) is likely for a small spelling mistake, or quote misusage in the module. If you have this

{l s="This is my text"}

You probably won't even see it in the back office

If you have this instead

{l s="This is my text" mod='bankwire'}

or

{l s='This is my text' mod="bankwire"}

You'll see it, but it will never translate. This is because 2 types of quotes have been used in the module. It might seem silly, but I saw it happening several times, even on default modules (in the past)

Hi, I would also like to change the "Bank Wire" texts to "Bank Deposit" but when I tried the solution of modifying the Front Office Translations, I get the error below:

Warning! Your PHP configuration limits the maximum number of fields allowed in a form: 1000 for max_input_vars.

Please ask your hosting provider to increase the this limit to 1333 at least. Alternatively, you can edit the translation file manually.

I also tried editing the translation file manually by going to /modules/bankwire/translations/en.php but some of the text that I would like to edit cannot be found there.

I also compared the english translation file with the others (i.e. es.php, fr.php) and the english file has fewer variables / translations available. Can you please help me? I'm using Prestashop version 1.5.3.1

Hope to get a response soon.

Thanks!

Well, as the message suggests, you have to ask your hosting to increase the max_input_vars. i'd say at least 1500 to be safe. If you already have a php.ini in your root, you can do it youself by adding

max_input_vars = 1500;

At the end of the file

;)

• Like 1

Well, as the message suggests, you have to ask your hosting to increase the max_input_vars. i'd say at least 1500 to be safe. If you already have a php.ini in your root, you can do it youself by adding

max_input_vars = 1500;

At the end of the file

;)

I already tried that method but it doesn't work as well.

• 7 months later...

I already tried that method but it doesn't work as well.

When you change the php.ini you have to stop and restart Apache within XAMPP, otherwise the new value never will be accepted.And adjust this value to about 10000 because when you try to translate the module section there a lot more inside.

Greetings from the Earth

Edited by mercyful (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

Thanks mercyful, with your advice I've been able to resolve my problem, however, it led to another problem. After restarting Apache, I am able to do the editting but I can't seve it I keep getting this message

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /admin130/index.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

What do I do now?

• 8 months later...

guys, i am using latest 1.6.1.2 presta and when i tried to go from module> translation and should i choose which option for types of translation ?? i tried installed module, and default bootstrap and english, when i edit the bank wire to local bank transfer, it doesnt appear in my shop front ... what to do ?? 

• 4 years later...