Add Name field to Newsletter subscribe

Does anyone know how to add a field to the newsletter subscribe box so the customer puts their first (and maybe last name) in? I like to personalize email newsletters, but only get the person's email address, no other information.

Thanks in advance!

It's for you :)

<-- For prestashop < 1.5

<-- For prestashop 1.5 and +

To unsubscribe, only email is required.

Eolia

PS:Remember to reinitialise the module and refresh your cache and empty your tools / smarty / compile directory to see the change

Edited by Eolia (see edit history)

Thanks, Eolia, but for some reason, when I uploaded the module through BO, there was no change in my newsletter subscription box, but my menu got completely messed up with error messages instead of links, and a "banner" div on the page, which I had thought I had hidden, is now generating a Smarty error message - any idea why this happened? Website is http://thestitchersmuse.com - though I will be changing all back later today (I had backed up the site before changing the newsletter block). Also, the category selection on the index page leads to a 404 error.

I have set BO to Force Compile and no Cache - no difference...

Please suppress lines 30&31 in blocknewsletter.php

@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');
error_reporting(E_ALL);

The attached file has been modified

(it's because i was in debug mode..., sorry)

But this means that your theme have some errors (not important there are only notices).

In the blocknewsletter configure options, choose 'open confirmation in a new window to see the result)

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

What errors ? Your newsletter subscription

on www.bestcomputerservice.ro/unsubscribe.php

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/subulica/public_html/modules/newsletteradmin/functions.php:118) in /home1/subulica/public_html/unsubscribe.php on line 52

Invalid e-mail address.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home1/subulica/public_html/modules/newsletteradmin/functions.php:118) in /home1/subulica/public_html/classes/Cookie.php on line 302

Edited by subulica (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Please suppress lines 30&31 in blocknewsletter.php

@ini_set('display_errors', 'on');
error_reporting(E_ALL);

The attached file has been modified

(it's because i was in debug mode..., sorry)

But this means that your theme have some errors (not important there are only notices).

In the blocknewsletter configure options, choose 'open confirmation in a new window to see the result)

Hello Eolia,

I'm trying to use your newsletter module- extended version, but the newsletter box is unchanged. When i enter a new email adress It give's the error "Firstname or Lastname can't be empty" but there are no avaible field for the First&Last Name..

Thank you for your support !

Hello Eolia,

I'm trying to use your newsletter module- extended version, but the newsletter box is unchanged. When i enter a new email adress It give's the error "Firstname or Lastname can't be empty" but there are no avaible field for the First&Last Name..

Thank you for your support !

refresh yours tpl (in BO options) or delete by ftp all files in / tools/smarty/compile and look :)

Hi Eolia,

I am using PSNewsLetter 2.9 on PS 1.5.1.0. I added an unsubscribe link to the bottom of my email. Unfortunately, when I tried to click on the unsubscribe link in the email, it throws an error:-

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fashionu/public_html/staging/modules/newsletteradmin/functions.php:116) in /home/fashionu/public_html/staging/classes/controller/FrontController.php on line 772

However, it was able to unsubscribe me successfully. I'm just not sure how I can prevent the above error from showing up... could you advise, please? Thanks in advance.

Hi Eolia,

I am using PSNewsLetter 2.9 on PS 1.5.1.0. I added an unsubscribe link to the bottom of my email. Unfortunately, when I tried to click on the unsubscribe link in the email, it throws an error:-

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/fashionu/public_html/staging/modules/newsletteradmin/functions.php:116) in /home/fashionu/public_html/staging/classes/controller/FrontController.php on line 772

However, it was able to unsubscribe me successfully. I'm just not sure how I can prevent the above error from showing up... could you advise, please? Thanks in advance.

Please delete the " ?> " at the end of the file (/modules/newsletteradmin/function.php)

• Like 1

Hi Eolia,

Thanks - your solution works. :) Kudos to you as well for sharing such a great module with the PS community. Keep up the good work!

Btw - just one more question - could you advise how do I change the background color of the unsubscribe message? I tried editing the modules/newsletteradmin/scripts/files/unsubscribe.php for the following lines, but it doesn't seem to take any effect even after I cleared my cache. Is there anywhere else I need to change? Please advise.

echo "<div style='none'><br/>";

echo "<h1>  ".trans('Your Newsletter Subscription')."</h1><p> </p>";

Edited by elenichee (see edit history)

refresh yours tpl (in BO options) or delete by ftp all files in / tools/smarty/compile and look :)

I dont have the cache in tools, I have it in /cache/smarty/cache & cache/smarty/compile

I did that, i even uninstall the newsletter module, then reinstall it, but the problem still exist.

Now i'm thinking reinstalling the whole prestashop.. :(

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Uploaded, installed, deleted all the smarty files, but there is no the new field.

Downloaded the 1.5 from your link, but it says ver:1.4 I think this is the module, and not the ps ver. number.

Any tipp?

Teher was an old blocknewsletter.tpl file n my Themes/mytheme/modules/blocknewsletter folder.

Changed it with your's and it is working now.

Thanks for info :)

For all, delete all references before install the new block, please.

• 2 months later...

Hi! For me the module don´t add users in BO.

There is the Subscription successful message, but with no action.

I think your database was not updated... (names and surnames are missing) please re-initialize your module.

Eolia,

Is writing on the base but the warnings do not appear.

This is the code:

<div id="newsletter_block_left" class="block">

<h4>{l s='Newsletter' mod='blocknewsletter'}</h4>

<div class="block_content">

{if isset($msg) && $msg}

<p class="{if $nw_error}warning_inline{else}success_inline{/if}">{$msg}</p>

{/if}

<form action="{$link->getPageLink('index')}" method="post">

<p>

{* @todo use jquery (focusin, focusout) instead of onblur and onfocus *}

<p><input type="text" name="email" size="18" value="{if isset($value) && $value}{$value}{else}{l s='your e-mail' mod='blocknewsletter'}{/if}" onfocus="javascript:if(this.value=='{l s='your e-mail' mod='blocknewsletter'}')this.value='';" onblur="javascript:if(this.value=='')this.value='{l s='your firstname' mod='blocknewsletter'}';" /></p>

<p><input type="text" name="firstname" size="18" value="{if isset($value) && $value}{$value}{else}{l s='your firstname' mod='blocknewsletter'}{/if}" onfocus="javascript:if(this.value=='{l s='your firstname' mod='blocknewsletter'}')this.value='';" onblur="javascript:if(this.value=='')this.value='{l s='your firstname' mod='blocknewsletter'}';" /></p>

<p><input type="text" name="lastname" size="18" value="{if isset($value) && $value}{$value}{else}{l s='your lastname' mod='blocknewsletter'}{/if}" onfocus="javascript:if(this.value=='{l s='your lastname' mod='blocknewsletter'}')this.value='';" onblur="javascript:if(this.value=='')this.value='{l s='your lastname' mod='blocknewsletter'}';" /></p>

<!--<select name="action">

<option value="0"{if isset($action) && $action == 0} selected="selected"{/if}>{l s='Subscribe' mod='blocknewsletter'}</option>

<option value="1"{if isset($action) && $action == 1} selected="selected"{/if}>{l s='Unsubscribe' mod='blocknewsletter'}</option>

</select>-->

<input type="submit" value="ok" class="button_mini" name="submitNewsletter" />

<input type="hidden" name="action" value="0" />

</p>

</form>

</div>

</div>

<!-- /Block Newsletter module-->

Eolia,

Is writing on the base but the warnings do not appear.

The warning is only for the email adress (if you want i can modify the code to add warnings on firstname and lastname)

Thank you I would not have done as

I think for a newsletter that is important is the choice to subescribe/unsubscribe, whether it is a man / woman / company, country / city to better target your newsletter module is also very good.

Also if customer is logged or not

This module is it complements your module?

Thank you I would not have done as

I think for a newsletter that is important is the choice to subescribe/unsubscribe, whether it is a man / woman / company, country / city to better target your newsletter module is also very good.

Also if customer is logged or not

This module is it complements your module?

yes! (bis :) )

You can change the code if you want others required files

• 1 month later...

Hi!

This modul is awesome. Exactly what I need :) It works perfect until I install ssl certificate.

Now every e-mail in message have incorrect link.

I have presta 1.5.4.1 and I don't have set ssl domain in seo and url tab (I din't now why. My admin have instal ssl for me).

Now every e-mail have incorrect link as:

(for unsubsribe:)

https:///?SID=Yml1cm...ption&id_lang=1

It should be:

https://s-shop.pl/?S...ption&id_lang=1

The question is... How to change links? I want to send newsletter with no ssl links like this:

http://s-shop.pl/?SI...ption&id_lang=1

An I have one more question... Is this module use original Prestashop Newsletter block for subscribes and unsubsribes clients?

I have communicate on newsletter tab like this:

Newsletter Block Subscribers (The BlockNewsletter is not installed or no subscriber)

But I have installed my original newsletter block and have some subscribers...

Edited by Dzidzia_2 (see edit history)

Hi!

This modul is awesome. Exactly what I need :) It works perfect until I install ssl certificate.

Now every e-mail in message have incorrect link.

I have presta 1.5.4.1 and I don't have set ssl domain in seo and url tab (I din't now why. My admin have instal ssl for me).

Now every e-mail have incorrect link as:

(for unsubsribe:)

https:///?SID=Yml1cm...ption&id_lang=1

It should be:

https://s-shop.pl/?S...ption&id_lang=1

The question is... How to change links? I want to send newsletter with no ssl links like this:

http://s-shop.pl/?SI...ption&id_lang=1

An I have one more question... Is this module use original Prestashop Newsletter block for subscribes and unsubsribes clients?

I have communicate on newsletter tab like this:

Newsletter Block Subscribers (The BlockNewsletter is not installed or no subscriber)

But I have installed my original newsletter block and have some subscribers...

LOL...

This is normal if you have not filled the fields "SSL address"...

Well.. I know it. But I don't wont to sent newsletter with links started with https:// I want to send links with only http://

I know that I should change seo and url tab but this is not what I am looking for :)

ok,

try to modify this function in newsletteradmin/controllers/admin/AdminNewsletter.php, line 1649:

replace:

private function getShopUrl()
{
 $ShopUrl = Db::getInstance()->getRow("
 SELECT
  domain,
  domain_ssl,
	    physical_uri,
	    virtual_uri
 FROM
  `"._DB_PREFIX_."shop_url`
    WHERE  id_shop = ".$this->context->shop->id);
 if(Configuration::get('PS_SSL_ENABLED') || (!empty($_SERVER['HTTPS'])&& strtolower($_SERVER['HTTPS']) != 'off'))
  return 'https://'.$ShopUrl['domain_ssl'].$ShopUrl['physical_uri'].$ShopUrl['virtual_uri'];
 else
  return 'http://'.$ShopUrl['domain'].$ShopUrl['physical_uri'].$ShopUrl['virtual_uri'];
}

by:

{
 SELECT
  domain,
	    physical_uri,
	    virtual_uri
 FROM

return 'http://'.$ShopUrl['domain'].$ShopUrl['physical_uri'].$ShopUrl['virtual_uri'];
}

ok,

try to modify this function in newsletteradmin/controllers/admin/AdminNewsletter.php, line 1649:

replace:

{
 SELECT
  domain,
  domain_ssl,
		physical_uri,
		virtual_uri
 FROM
 if(Configuration::get('PS_SSL_ENABLED') || (!empty($_SERVER['HTTPS'])&& strtolower($_SERVER['HTTPS']) != 'off'))
  return 'https://'.$ShopUrl['domain_ssl'].$ShopUrl['physical_uri'].$ShopUrl['virtual_uri'];
 else
}

by:

{
 SELECT
  domain,
		physical_uri,
		virtual_uri
 FROM

}

Working perfect!

Thanks for fast reply :)

Now I am looking for newsletter templates :)

Thanks once more!

• 3 weeks later...

i have more than 10000+ imported subscribers from one of my store to another, when i select all of them and start sent my newsletter, i got a "server error" page with error 500

this is quite normal ... Your time_limit values are not enough in your  php.ini.
Use cron task for 5000  or higher shipments

• 2 years later...