How to link to Affiliate Product Page in version 1.4.6.2URGENT!

Hi,

My site is a compare site, so all the products displayed on the site are not mine therefore i need it to be that instead of "ADD TO CART" button on the product page which on click opens the leads to the CHECKOUT process, i want it to lead to the Affiliate Product page (in a new window/tab) instead, so that the product is purchased from the Affiliate Retailer straight.

I have close to 70,000 products to work with..and my Affiliate Retailers send these products to me in a CSV file that has a field of 'BUY URL'(i.e link to product on their page). I need to be able to feed the details of that field in bulk...just like i do with Product Name, Supplier, Manufacturer, Features, Product Url etc.

This was why i thought if i had a field in Product Global Information like the Product Location,Reference, Width, Height....i could load this field in bulk with the Affiliate Product url and when people view a product,, they see a 'BUY FROM SHOP' button instead that when clicked, leads to the product 'BUY'page on the Affiliate's website based on the url provided.

PS: the url are usually very long, with some character/symbols that usually gets truncated/display error with prestashop.

Lastly when people compare on my site, i want the 'BUY FROM SHOP'button to display on comparison page for each product.

NB: I use version 1.4.6.2

PLEASE HELP AS THIS IS EXTREMELY URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!

• 7 months later...