Product Feature by Category

I'm looking for a shopping cart solution for the store with very diverse product categories. The core functionality I'm looking at is the customer's ability to filter products by feature within every sub-category.

Of course every sub-category must have it's own set of features (i.e. desk lamps can have shade color, base material, style etc. while bedding sheets will be defined by bed size, pattern, textile type etc.).

I really like Prestashop especially for its number of free modules, but I cannot find the way to create a group of features and assign in to sub-category (like in Magento for example). As I understand, all possible features are listed in backend so you have to manually select the ones you need every time.

Is there any solution (possibly paid one) to create groups of features and attach them to categories?

Thanks for suggestion. I will check the module, however, judging by the description it makes changes to front office only. is that correct?

I'm looking for a tool that makes backoffice management of very diverse products easier :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...