lacle

Offline Credit Card Module contains a Redirect link to http://Ox40.us

I just wonder why there is a redirect link ( se 319: Tools::redirectLink('http://Ox40.us/'); on creditcard.php ???

Does the data, in this case, redirects to linked address?
Strange enough because of it is a credit data module and all information should not be linked to any address except a bank.. Am I wrong?
Please explain.

Yes. I created this module.
If you actually read the source, you would see the context of the redirect.
If you click 'Update' in Credit Card Module Management page, it will redirect you to my website.
It is a feature that is there for future semi-automatic updates.

Your data is not sent to me in any way, shape, or form.

--Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your reply. Grateful and.. embarrassed enough. :-)
Have a good day! Regards, Alex

Heh no problem.
I see why you would be concerned and it's a good thing to question. Someone could write a module like mine and get a ton of creditcard information -- but believe me, my module does nothing of the sort. ;)

--Kevin

Hi,

I am using this and it seems very suss.... The redirect goes to a website that Google has flagged as suspicious! See below:

Reported Attack Site!

This web site at ox40.us has been reported as an attack site and has been blocked based on your security preferences

Attack sites try to install programs that steal private information, use your computer to attack others, or damage your system.

Some attack sites intentionally distribute harmful software, but many are compromised without the knowledge or permission of their owners.

Dragging up a 2 year old thread plus the site doesn't even exist any more. :blink::)