content/code changes in tpl. file not updated in front end

sixthmind

I am not sure how this happened, but all of a sudden when I make some changes to cms.tpl, it doesn't show in front -end. For example I deleted:

<h1>{$category->name|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'} </h1> and saved the file but when I refresh my browser, no changes there.

Under Preferences > Performance I have:

Force compile: yes

Cache: no

I am not sure what is causing this problem. Did anybody else had the same problem before?

What I recently did was added a custom hook hookMenu for jbx menu in one of the files and I also added custom template. I wonder what is interfering?

thanks guys for your help!

I installed clear smarty module, cleared it and now the code changes I've done are showing.

However, once I do more changes and refresh the page, it doesn't show new changes. I have to clear smarty again and only then the changes show.

Do I have to clear the Smarty every time I change something in a template?

I don't understand what's happening. Before it was working fine.

I have Force compile: Yes in Performance. Is that what you meant?

I am working locally.

correct...when I develop .tpls...I just run with smarty off...but when I develop modules I use (for example):

$this->clearHeaderTplCache();

public function clearHeaderTplCache()

{

global $smarty;

$smarty->clearCompiledTemplate('header.tpl');

}

if you have compile .tpls on...and your change does not show up...then there is a problem with your modification...make sure you run with errors on using shackers module

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hello,

I have (prestashop 1.4.8.2) exactly the same problems as sixthmind.

Under Preferences > Performance I have:

Force compile: yes

Cache: no

I have also installed the ClearSmarty Module of shacker. But nothing happens when I change a .tpl file in my theme. Who can help me?

Sandra

try to remove directly from tools/smarty/compile, or tools/smarty_v2/compile

Thank's shacker.

Now I have found the reason why my products.tpl was not shown. I have edited the products.tpl in /themes/my_theme/products.tpl.

But there was another products.tpl in /modules/germanext/products.tpl

Now I have edited this one - and now it works! :)

Edited by radamazone (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

You give the same answer that I found on nealy 100 places on the internet. This solution does not work for me and it does not work for hundred of persons. I have two differents host tooniehosting.ca and 1dollar-webhsting and there is absolutly no solution to clearing the cache. Nothing work: deleting, the parameters, etc. Why do you think hundreds of persons keep asking the same question?. 

• 1 year later...

simply set your smarty to recompile whenever you are doing .tpl testing...back office-->preferences-->perfromance

smarty compile Y

or do as suggested by shacker...

suerte

This helped solve my cms.tpl problem. Thank you

• 2 months later...

more of the same.  Thoroughly confused.

I did all the cache stuff... still when I make changes to tpl, nothing happens!  Is it perhaps the wrong tpl file?  is there a DEFINITIVE guide for basic how to make changes???

I'm doing this on a local server.  All caching is turned off, recompile forced enabled, etc.  No changes are reflected.

Extremely frustrating when basic stuff like this is so hard.

Sigh.

In my case, the issue was that I didn't realize I was editing a portion of the tpl specific to guest checkout.  So nevermind.

Edited by bcsteeve (see edit history)
  • Like 1