Add in-stock quantity to product list of default theme?

I am using the default Prestashop theme at http://www.rotmgvault.com . I would like to add the in-stock quantity (number of items available for purchase) to the product lists. For example: I want the user to be able to see how many of the items are in stock on this page http://www.rotmgvault.com/6-potions . Right now, you can only see the number of items in-stock if you click on each individual product. That is very annoying considering the nature of our products and that they are usually in limited quantities.

I tried looking at the tpl files to see if I could figure it out myself, but am not able to get it to show up. Can someone help me with this? I just need to know the code to add and where to add it.

Thanks!

I tried adding this to product-list.tpl in the SPAN that contains the "availability" code. Nothing shows up.

<!-- number of item in stock -->
  {if ($display_qties == 1 && !$PS_CATALOG_MODE && $product->available_for_order)}
  <p id="pQuantityAvailable"{if $product->quantity <= 0} style="display: none;"{/if}>
   <span id="quantityAvailable">{$product->quantity|intval}</span>
   <span {if $product->quantity > 1} style="display: none;"{/if} id="quantityAvailableTxt">{l s='item in stock'}</span>
   <span {if $product->quantity == 1} style="display: none;"{/if} id="quantityAvailableTxtMultiple">{l s='items in stock'}</span>
  </p>
  {/if}
 <!-- end number of item in stock -->

However, if I remove the first IF condition and the paragraph tag, then I get "0 item in stock" on every product in the list. So it is not loading the actual in-stock number for each product. I must be missing something. Any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

OK here is the solution after playing for some time I figured this out it's far more simple then you would think.

Simply add this - {$product.quantity}{l s=' items in stock'} after the closing {/if} statement of <div class="right_block"> section.

Just below will be the section for {if ($product.id_product_attribute.

will look like this.

{if isset($product.available_for_order) && $product.available_for_order && !isset($restricted_country_mode)} (more code here)

</div>

{/if}

{$product.quantity}{l s=' items in stock'}

{if ($product.id_product_attribute == 0 || (more code here)

Note: I had to turn on force compile and turn off cache for this to take effect.

This was a funny one I wanted to add the pageination buttons on top of page just as they are on bottom played and played and in the end it was to simple.

Just Add {include file="$tpl_dir./pagination.tpl"} after the <!-- Products list --> statement.

tdr170: Thanks so much! :D That works perfectly! I was starting to think no one would help!

I was also trying to apply this to the category-tree-branch.tpl in the blackcategories module so that the number of items will show up next to each category. I made a post for it, but no one is answering me. Any chance you might now how to make this work there?

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/25955-how-to-show-product-count-in-category-section/page__p__776046#entry776046

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is the code I added on Prestashop 1.5x at the same place

{*Added quantity in stock*}

<!-- availability -->

<p id="availability_statut"{if ($product.quantity <= 0 && !$product.available_later && $allow_oosp) OR ($product.quantity > 0 && !$product.available_now) OR !$product.available_for_order OR $PS_CATALOG_MODE} style="display: none;"{/if}>

<span id="availability_label">{l s='Availability:'}</span>

<span id="availability_value"{if $product.quantity <= 0} class="warning_inline"{/if}>

{if $product.quantity <= 0}{if $allow_oosp}{$product.available_later}{else}{l s='This product is no longer in stock'}{/if}{else}{$product.available_now}{/if}

</span>

</p>

<!-- number of item in stock -->

{*if ($display_qties == 1 && !$PS_CATALOG_MODE && $product.available_for_order) *}

<p id="pQuantityAvailable"{if $product.quantity <= 0} style="display: none;"{/if}>

<span id="quantityAvailable">{$product.quantity|intval}</span>

<span {if $product.quantity > 1} style="display: none;"{/if} id="quantityAvailableTxt">{l s='item in stock'}</span>

<span {if $product.quantity == 1} style="display: none;"{/if} id="quantityAvailableTxtMultiple">{l s='items in stock'}</span>

</p>

{*/if*}

<!-- Out of stock hook -->

<p id="oosHook"{if $product.quantity > 0} style="display: none;"{/if}>

{$HOOK_PRODUCT_OOS}

</p>

<p class="warning_inline" id="last_quantities"{if ($product.quantity > $last_qties OR $product.quantity <= 0) OR $allow_oosp OR !$product.available_for_order OR $PS_CATALOG_MODE} style="display: none"{/if} >{l s='Warning: Last items in stock!'}</p>

{*End Added quantity in stock*}

• Like 2

Great thread, very helpful thanks!

I edited the code to look like this:

<!-- qqq number in stock edit -->

<div style="margin:0 0 5px;">

{*if ($display_qties == 1 && !$PS_CATALOG_MODE && $product.available_for_order) *}

<div id="pQuantityAvailable"{if $product.quantity <= 0} style="display: none;"{/if}>

<span style="color:green;">{$product.quantity|intval} i lager</span>

</div>{*/if*}

<div id="oosHook"{if $product.quantity > 0} style="display: none;"{/if}>

<span style="color:red;">0 i lager</span>

</div>

</div>

I am a php noob and hardly know the basics so I could not get the translation to work ({l s='item in stock'}) for "item/items in stock" so I just wrote the text by itself.

I also took the oos hook thingy and added "0 i lager" (Swedish for - 0 items in stock), and made them green and red. It looks very nice on the webshop. Green text for when items are in stock and red for when it's 0 items. I also removed the "available" tag. In the shop I have made the owner want all products to be available for back-order, but at the same time show amount of stock on the product list.

(I usually add a <!-- qqq --> when I edit stuff so that I can easy search for it later ;)

Edited by Bodie (see edit history)

• 3 months later...

I used the first code from Patrice Vigier, and it works except that, as Bodie stated, the translations don't work.

I would type it manually, if I wouldn't have a multilingual website. Any idea how I can get the translations to work?

The references in the code are exactly the same as in my product.tpl.

• 2 months later...

I had a problem with the translation, but I can't remember how I fixed it.

This is the code I use, which works for a multilingual shop.

<!-- availability -->					
					{if isset($product.available_for_order) && $product.available_for_order && !isset($restricted_country_mode)}
						<span class="availability">
						{if ($product.quantity < 1)}
							{if ($product.allow_oosp)}
								{l s='Product available with different options'}
							{else}
								{l s='Out of stock'}
							{/if}
						{else}
							{l s='Available'}
						{/if}
						</span>
					{/if}

Let me know if it works.

• Like 1

Hi Christiaan and thanks a lot of the reply. Regrettably your code does not work. It simply does not show the quantity. I can say the code from PatriceVigier (some posts above) show the quantity but only in english.

Prestashop 1.5.5 here. 

Any help will be really appreciatted.

• 3 years later...