[SOLVED] CMS Home - edit meta information ?

Hi all,

is there a way to edit the metatags, title & description of the CMS "Home" page? It shows up in my Google webmaster tools as too short and non informative, but I couldn't find any option to edit it? Not in the module configuration, and not in the SEO & Urls tab in the BO.

Does anyone know? Your help would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Dan

Edited by Mister Denial (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes you need to go here :

Back Office > Preferences > SEO & URLs

Scroll down and you can see index.php click the edit icon and you can change any data within that field

Page Title, Meta Description & Keywords and Friendly URL

Hope that helps

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I am not talking about the Home page of the website, that one can indeed be modified like cocothecat explained.

What I am talking about is for the CMS pages, there is also a "home" page for all CMS pages and categories, and you can't modify the meta information for these, resulting in Google Webmaster Tools showing multiple error messages for that page.

According to Carl Favre, the devs are looking into this, so maybe there will be a solution soon.

Regards,

Dan

• 3 months later...

Hi

I was looking for the same problem,and after 2 days I find how to edit meta tag of home page of CMS (not home page and not index.php)

I'm talking about this page:

http://www.url_of_yo..._cms_category=1

-When you are on you Back office:

# select one categorie to edit.

# change number on "bar adresse" to 1

# "xxx/index.php?tab=AdminCatalog&id_category=2" put 1

and you have all meta of home page of CMS in sitemaps

Hope thats help

• Like 2

Hi safarikas!

Brilliant idea, and at first I thought it would work! But actually you can't save the edit, there's a "CMS Category cannot be moved here" error, as PS tries to create a second "home" page in the "home" directory.

I really thought we had the solution here for a second! :-)

But you just gave me an idea, how about editing the SQL table directly. I'll try that.

• 1 month later...

@ clayton29657: yes, I accessed the PS database directly, from MySQL, and looked up the table with the meta tag information for the CMS pages, and then modified the entry for that pesky "home" page. Works like a charm, the error is gone from webmaster tools.

Just be sure to make a backup of your SQL file first, in case something goes wrong. Wouldn't want to mess up something in your SQL and having no way of reverting. :-)

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

@ clayton29657: yes, I accessed the PS database directly, from MySQL, and looked up the table with the meta tag information for the CMS pages, and then modified the entry for that pesky "home" page. Works like a charm, the error is gone from webmaster tools.

Just be sure to make a backup of your SQL file first, in case something goes wrong. Wouldn't want to mess up something in your SQL and having no way of reverting. :-)

Hi Mister Denial,

Its a while since this post and I'm on 1.5.4.1 which means everything is probably different BUT If i go to PS_cms_lang which is the only table I can find with a "Meta tag" column, and I change the meta title there, its exactly the same as if I do it in back office and is not solution.

For me the problema is the meta title is the same as  the Word which appears in menú or as link. For example. "Delivery" or "General Terms" but these cant be longer, and we know  are not good for SEO   :mellow: