minic studio

[FREE MODULE] minic slider for PS 1.3.x and 1.4.x

Hi,

Great module, I added to my site. Now the slider is right on the center of my website. The problem is, the slider is not really fit with my homepage. I checked the source and the module only mentioned 300px of height, and I need it to be 727px in width.

Then I experimented with firebug and add the width, then the slider out to the right of my homepage.

Is there any way to make the slider centered?

Please help me.

Thank you

Hi,

Give me a link to your site so i can check it. (probably on next week only)

Hi

can you tell me how to remove the shadow on the edge, I try it from css but nothing change, can you point me where the code line that I should change.

Thank you

Hi

can you tell me how to remove the shadow on the edge, I try it from css but nothing change, can you point me where the code line that I should change.

Thank you

Hi,

Open nivo-slider.css and search for :

-webkit-box-shadow or
-moz-box-shadow or
box-shadow

U will find two times, one for the image container and one for the navigation. Comment or delete it.

could you please create an extra image option for in the caption? Or tell me how to do it.

Also a caption that allows HTML would be even better

Thanks!

could you please create an extra image option for in the caption? Or tell me how to do it.

Also a caption that allows HTML would be even better

Thanks!

Hi,

You have to remove the HTML validation from the code (used 2 times) and modify the front.tpl(and some CSS) than you can use html in caption.

Also if you use the first version of the slider than you can use HTML, there is no validation, but the slider isnt that good.

I`ll implement this in the next version (also have to resolve few bugs and implement new features just dont have time now).

how can I add shadow only left and right or the slider ?

Hi,

Open nivo-slider.css and search for :

-webkit-box-shadow or
-moz-box-shadow or
box-shadow

U will find two times, one for the image container and one for the navigation. Comment or delete it.

Thank you minic, this is very helpful.

In the module folder you find an uploads folder that and the subfolders need to be writable by the owner.

Hello. I've changed that but I'm still getting the same error - "An error occurred while creating thumbnails" .

Any other ideas how that can be fixed? Than You for this module.

How do you change the options of this slider?

The "options" menu is empty for me? Is it normal?

Thank you, great module. :)

How do you change the options of this slider?

The "options" menu is empty for me? Is it normal?

Thank you, great module. :)

Click to the options text. I recognize that this isn't good :) i`ll implement a better UI next time ;)

Hi All,

can you guys please help me out

can i change/add more the Transition Effects ? if so, which file?

After installing this module I am unable to access modules in my backend. Tried re-installing to no avail - had to uninstall because it completely removes the ability to see or configure my modules in the backend! using 1.4.5.1

Good morning, to see achievement that get me with my bad English.

I'm testing this module, and has very good, but I can not put different images for different languages.

The text comes with only 1 option and my site is to have 2 languages.

This would be important to fix it, but part of me comes another doubt, what I can put 2 slides next to each other?, I will not put multiple pictures in a slide. The languages ​​I use on the web are English and Spanish, but not shown

I found it!! thanks!... Could I put two slides on the same hook?

I found it!! thanks!... Could I puttwo slides on the same hook?

You have to make a copy than you can use 2 slider module. But have to inform you this could be hard to make, you have to modify lots of code.

After installing this module I am unable to access modules in my backend. Tried re-installing to no avail - had to uninstall because it completely removes the ability to see or configure my modules in the backend! using 1.4.5.1

This can happen if you use old PHP or old SMARTY. I cant think to other option. But first try to reinstall it, maybe something went wrong under the installation process.

Hi

I transferred my shop to a different provider and everything seems to be fine except the slider. what I mean is that the slider images don't show anymore. What I did I uninstalled the module and reinstalled and did the new slides but still the images dont show up. Before I did the shop transfer it worked. any ideas?

This is the error I get after I copy the minic module folder and go to BO to modules:

Parse error

: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in

/home/content/29/9370229/html/shop/modules/minicslider/en.php

on line

Edited by misu3108 (see edit history)

Hi

I transferred my shop to a different provider and everything seems to be fine except the slider. what I mean is that the slider images don't show anymore. What I did I uninstalled the module and reinstalled and did the new slides but still the images dont show up. Before I did the shop transfer it worked. any ideas?

This is the error I get after I copy the minic module folder and go to BO to modules:

Parse error

: syntax error, unexpected T_VARIABLE in

/home/content/29/9370229/html/shop/modules/minicslider/en.php

on line

Something is wrong with the language file. Check what the file contains and if different than this:

<?php
global $_MODULE;
$_MODULE = array();

than change to the code above.

Hi,

first of all thanks for this great module. I have installed it in prestashop 1.4.7.3 and it worked perfectly. Recently I have upgrade it to 1.4.8.2 and after that in the admin section of the module doesn't show the textboxes for title or url..etc. However if I enter data from database manually, It appears on the slider correctly. So a small bug in the admin.tpl? any ideas for a fix?

Awesome module, simply the best one out there!

Any chance this module will include the pascal and orman themes? Or do we need to cook up our own? :D

Awesome module, simply the best one out there!

Any chance this module will include the pascal and orman themes? Or do we need to cook up our own? :D

Hi,

I don't think so, but i want to make a standard UI, witch will work on all themes(if this isnt).

Hi,

first of all thanks for this great module. I have installed it in prestashop 1.4.7.3 and it worked perfectly. Recently I have upgrade it to 1.4.8.2 and after that in the admin section of the module doesn't show the textboxes for title or url..etc. However if I enter data from database manually, It appears on the slider correctly. So a small bug in the admin.tpl? any ideas for a fix?

Hi,

I tested on 1.4.8 and its working fine for me. Not sure whats wrong whit yours, maybe try to reinstall the module its should work.

• Like 1

I managed to get minic slider working with the orman theme,

however it requires some hacking of the CSS and .tpl files of minic slider and some slight additional changes in the global.css of prestashop.

I included an example screenshot of how minic slider looks like with the modifications, I guess basically any skin could be thrown on now.

post-365405-0-32967800-1337696913_thumb.png

Edited by Hookoha (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I'm using pinterest theme and the images from slide don't appear, i think the problem its from the theme, everything else works fine. If someone can help me fix it, TXS

http://piesepiaggio.ro/

Was a permission problem, inserted this code:

@chmod($path.$name, 0644);

into minicslider.php line 402, after

$image = $name;

line

Solved, txs for the help

Edited by outblast (see edit history)

wow super cool...

just that only v2.0 runs on my ps1.4.8.2 but not v2.1

any idea? anyone?

wow super cool...

just that only v2.0 runs on my ps1.4.8.2 but not v2.1

any idea? anyone?

Try uploading the module from presta BO not FTP, i have 1.4.8.2 and works fine

Edited by outblast (see edit history)

First of all, thank you very much for a very nice module...

I have a little Problem (Prestashop 1.4.8.2)

I have installed three languages, German, Spanish and English...

Unfortunately the module does accept only german language, wich is set as default.

Regards fro Spain

Klaus

I used this in 1.4.7 version, worked great! As soon as I upgraded to 1.4.8.2 version it stopped sliding all together. So I uninstalled it and downloaded your latest version, reinstalled it and now I can not even save an image in BO, and it still is not working in front office. IM me for log in details.

First of all, thank you very much for a very nice module...

I have a little Problem (Prestashop 1.4.8.2)

I have installed three languages, German, Spanish and English...

Unfortunately the module does accept only german language, wich is set as default.

Regards fro Spain

Klaus

Hi

There is an language option under the options to allow multilanguage, turned off by default because i think there is more presta out there with single language.

Edited by minic studio (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Grrr. i did not check this ...

Thank´s a lot...

Hi

There is an language option under the options to allow multilanguage, turned off by default because i think there is more presta out there with single language.

Can not find any option ? :unsure:

Am i blind ?

post-337930-0-20678800-1338047590_thumb.jpg

post-337930-0-53928400-1338047639_thumb.jpg

Can not find any option ? :unsure:

Am i blind ?

Hi,

This isn't my slider :)

Go to the first post and download it :)

• Like 1

Hi,

This isn't my slider :)

Go to the first post and download it :)

Mhhh

I don´t know if it is because of Prestashop1.4.8.2

I haven´t got any options as shown on example page...

It is not possible to change any Language...

I installed this module but I displays an error (Database error)

What I have to do now?

Please Help me.

I installed this module but I displays an error (Database error)

What I have to do now?

Please Help me.

Hi,

Like this i cant help you, i need an error log or something. PS version? PHP? MySQL?

PHP version : 5.3.10 Apache Version : 2.2.21 And when I click on install button it displays an error of (Module not installed)

I installed in Prestashop 1.4.7.3

The thumbnail is Okay, but the silder is blank! I've changed the permission 755-777, reinstall too, still didn't work :(

Anyone can help me?

Thanks,

I installed in Prestashop 1.4.7.3

The thumbnail is Okay, but the silder is blank! I've changed the permission 755-777, reinstall too, still didn't work :(

Anyone can help me?

Thanks,

Hi,

If you reinstalled after the permission change than the images were deleted so you have to change the permission again. A little bit backward in this topic you can find a solution to the image permission problem.

PHP version : 5.3.10 Apache Version : 2.2.21 And when I click on install button it displays an error of (Module not installed)

Hi,

Sorry but i don't know from this what is the problem. Can you send a server log in private? Or just copy paste the rows what we need.

Dear I solved my problem.

Thanks a lot for your time. :)

Hi I've downloaded and installed the module on a fresh install however I get this error (I turned error reporting on)

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open 'URL REMOVED/modules/minicslider//uploads/thumbs/admin_ksmemory1_en.jpg' for writing: No such file or directory in URL REMOVED public_html/images.inc.php on line 334

This is with a fresh install of PS 1.4.8

Edited by cocothecat (see edit history)

Hi I've downloaded and installed the module on a fresh install however I get this error (I turned error reporting on)

This is with a fresh install of PS 1.4.8

Hi,

Its path based problem not permission. I think its something wrong with your server configuration and the prestashop tries to find the image on wrong path.

Hi,

Its path based problem not permission. I think its something wrong with your server configuration and the prestashop tries to find the image on wrong path.

So once I switch it over to live it should solve the issue? Could you remove the URL from your quotes please

So once I switch it over to live it should solve the issue? Could you remove the URL from your quotes please

I think yes, but this isn't a guaranty.

CSS error ?

No. The jQuery working badly. It shouldn't be positive value, only negative if there is more than one language and you switch language.

Hi, it is a great module. I have installed the minicslider-v2.1.zip at the Prestashop 1.4.7 and uploaded some images successfully. however, I cannot found any configuration at the option. Could you mind help to advise?

Thank you for your nice help....

capture_20120605.png

Hi, it is a great module. I have installed the minicslider-v2.1.zip at the Prestashop 1.4.7 and uploaded some images successfully. however, I cannot found any configuration at the option. Could you mind help to advise?

Thank you for your nice help....

capture_20120605.png

Click to the options text than watch the magic :)

Click to the options text than watch the magic :)

Hi, thanks so much your magic..... :o

Hi,

I got exactly the same problem. (After an upgrade)

Have uninstalled and reinstalled etc and seems I cannot fix it.

The options disappear but the image upload is still available. (ie doesn't show the textboxes for title or url..etc)

I still use the module as a slide show, but it would be nice to add some links and text.

Thanks for the module BTW.

Even when only half working for me ,it is really cool.

Any ideas on a fix?

Edited by jimmyc (see edit history)

i try in prestashop 1.3.1, but no slider look on front, i put on home content hook, why ?

thanks for the module. I've tried in Prestashop 1.4.8.2, and running. I've also tried with velvet sky [DapurPixel]-theme, also successfully. it's just, I have to manually resize the image. then copy-paste the image manually...

I got exactly the same problem. (After an upgrade)

Have uninstalled and reinstalled etc and seems I cannot fix it.

The options disappear but the image upload is still available. (ie doesn't show the textboxes for title or url..etc)

I still use the module as a slide show, but it would be nice to add some links and text.

Thanks for the module BTW.

Even when only half working for me ,it is really cool.

Any ideas on a fix?

Hi,

I`ll look after this asap.

how to adjust the size of slide image?

There is a comment near the image upload from which is very usefull so pls read it before you ask!

Hi, I just installed this module, everything works fine until I tried to upload image. I am using Prestashop

1.4.7.3 and slider ver 2.1. I

got "

An error occurred while creating thumbnails

" when uploading. Then I read this article, I have add "@chmod($path.$name, 0644);" , change my upload folder and thumbnail folder permission to 755, and try manual image upload via ftp and change the image permission to 644, but I still can't make my slider to work. Could you tell me what step I have missed?

Thank you.

You could add support for youtube videos?

I think its very simple to use it. So i wont make video, but if someone has the time to make one then feel free to do it.

Hi, Minic Studio. Great module. I having trouble as show below:

minislider.jpg

Hi,

Its seem css error to me. You can fix it with a firebug or chrome inspector.

Hi, I just installed this module, everything works fine until I tried to upload image. I am using Prestashop

1.4.7.3 and slider ver 2.1. I

got "

An error occurred while creating thumbnails

" when uploading. Then I read this article, I have add "@chmod($path.$name,0644);" , change my upload folder and thumbnail folder permission to 755, and try manual image upload via ftp and change the image permission to 644, but I still can't make my slider to work. Could you tell me what step I have missed?

Thank you.

Hi,

Something is wrong with your prestashop (or chmod still not ok). This error message shows up when the prestashop built in imageResize() function not working. Try to update the prestashop to the latest version.

Hi, I'm having problem with PS 1.4.7.3. At the start, installation was not proper. I re-installed module and PS then said that installation is correct. But same problem appears. It is not possible to add any slides.

Please see screenshot attached.

post-365552-0-65333800-1339950654_thumb.jpg

Any help?

Hi,

which part that i'm going to edit?

Hi, I'm having problem with PS 1.4.7.3. At the start, installation was not proper. I re-installed module and PS then said that installation is correct. But same problem appears. It is not possible to add any slides.

Please see screenshot attached.

post-365552-0-65333800-1339950654_thumb.jpg

Any help?

Hi,

Something is wrong with your prestashop. Theres no CSS / JS and the database table wasn't installed properly!

which part that i'm going to edit?

Cant tell like this. Its seem that the inputs are disappeared (maybe display:none wrong float or not floated, not sure). If you are familiar with CSS than this cant be a problem.

Hi, Minic Studio. Great module. I having trouble as show below:

minislider.jpg

Hi,

I tested on 1.4.8 and its working fine for me. Not sure whats wrong whit yours, maybe try to reinstall the module its should work.

Hi,

Hi,

I`ll look after this asap.

Hi,

Hi all,

I think I finally found the cause of nivo slider hidden text boxes in admin area issue. It's actually not a bug in nivo slider it self but a conflict with another module ( Analytics for ecommerce v1.2 by PrestaShop). I found it using firebug with comparing two prestashop installations. uninstalling it will solve the above problem. If you really need to keep both modules, then you have to edit the admin.tpl of nivo slider and change tooltip classes and ghost-tooltip classes to some thing else.

Best Regards

Anushka

• Like 3

I tried to use your slider but I´m having a problem, "

An error occurred while creating thumbnails."

can you help me?

Hi all, I think I finally found the cause of nivo slider hidden text boxes in admin area issue. It's actually not a bug in nivo slider it self but a conflict with another module ( Analytics for ecommerce v1.2 by PrestaShop). I found it using firebug with comparing two prestashop installations. uninstalling it will solve the above problem. If you really need to keep both modules, then you have to edit the admin.tpl of nivo slider and change tooltip classes and ghost-tooltip classes to some thing else. Best Regards Anushka

thanks bro, it work the text box appear

Hi all,

I think I finally found the cause of nivo slider hidden text boxes in admin area issue. It's actually not a bug in nivo slider it self but a conflict with another module ( Analytics for ecommerce v1.2 by PrestaShop). I found it using firebug with comparing two prestashop installations. uninstalling it will solve the above problem. If you really need to keep both modules, then you have to edit the admin.tpl of nivo slider and change tooltip classes and ghost-tooltip classes to some thing else.

Best Regards

Anushka

Hi,

Thx for this, i`ll change this in the next version.

I tried to use your slider but I´m having a problem, "

An error occurred while creating thumbnails."

can you help me?

Check permissions.

Hi,

I have been using your excellent module for the last 4 weeks (site ready to go live soon), i initially installed it on 1.4.7.3 and everything was fine.

I then upgraded to 1.4.8.2 but to a separate folder, on the fresh install i uploaded your minicslider and configured and it was working fine. Then yesterday, i noticed that the speed of the slides was going much faster than i had set them to, so went in BO to investigate and in the module all the configuration information is missing, see image. post-277032-0-23314900-1340304768_thumb.jpg . When i initially went in, it still had the 4 slides there but none of the other configuration elements.

So i tried resetting and the results is the screen above! The only option i have is to add a file, when i do this it gives me the following error: post-277032-0-70263600-1340305016_thumb.jpg .

I have also tried a completely fresh install and it still does not work, it cannot be connected to using 1.4.8.2 as it was working previously.

Any ideas what has happened and how i go about getting the page back that will enable me to configure the script?

Thanks

Edited by scottpeter123 (see edit history)

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to Prestashop. Using the latest version (1.4.8.2) and the PrestaShop Template 1.4.5.

How can I position the slider in the center of the content? I've tried 'live edit', but the module position seems to be ok. The image in the module is out of center. see screenshot. If I've to edit the CSS please tell me where and what.

post-345166-0-40543600-1340312178_thumb.gif

Edited by wouter_R (see edit history)

Hi,

I have been using your excellent module for the last 4 weeks (site ready to go live soon), i initially installed it on 1.4.7.3 and everything was fine.

I then upgraded to 1.4.8.2 but to a separate folder, on the fresh install i uploaded your minicslider and configured and it was working fine. Then yesterday, i noticed that the speed of the slides was going much faster than i had set them to, so went in BO to investigate and in the module all the configuration information is missing, see image. post-277032-0-23314900-1340304768_thumb.jpg . When i initially went in, it still had the 4 slides there but none of the other configuration elements.

So i tried resetting and the results is the screen above! The only option i have is to add a file, when i do this it gives me the following error: post-277032-0-70263600-1340305016_thumb.jpg .

I have also tried a completely fresh install and it still does not work, it cannot be connected to using 1.4.8.2 as it was working previously.

Any ideas what has happened and how i go about getting the page back that will enable me to configure the script?

Thanks

Hi,

If you use the Analytics for ecommerce module than thats the problem, not sure why but the elements with "tooltip" class dissapear. I'll resolve this in the next version.

The thumbnail error appear when the imageResize function not working correctly (its a prestashop). Some others are reported this problem just i cant reproduce, for me its working fine.

Also could be permission problem, check in the module directory the uploads and its children directories permission (should be 0755 ).

Hi all,

I'm fairly new to Prestashop. Using the latest version (1.4.8.2) and the PrestaShop Template 1.4.5.

How can I position the slider in the center of the content? I've tried 'live edit', but the module position seems to be ok. The image in the module is out of center. see screenshot. If I've to edit the CSS please tell me where and what.

post-345166-0-40543600-1340312178_thumb.gif

Hi,

This is because of the template. I made a mistake when i created the slider and didn't calculated with some CSS things. You have to resolve this by yourself, should be simple if you know a little CSS.

Hi,

Can you point me in the right direction regarding the CSS?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Can you point me in the right direction regarding the CSS?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Maybe, if you provide a link to the shop.

We are running Minic Slider 2.1 on Prestashop 1.4.8.2 with PHP Version 5.1.6

Permissions on /modules/upload are 777

After the left column, nothing else is shown on the homepage.

Also when trying to upload an image, I get the message "An error occurred while creating thumbnails."

Can you tell me what could be wrong?

What are the exact system requirements?

• Like 1

We are running Minic Slider 2.1 on Prestashop 1.4.8.2 with PHP Version 5.1.6

Permissions on /modules/upload are 777

After the left column, nothing else is shown on the homepage.

Also when trying to upload an image, I get the message "An error occurred while creating thumbnails."

Can you tell me what could be wrong?

What are the exact system requirements?

I have the same Error: An error occurred while creating thumbnails.

please help us and tell what is need to make it work.

thanks

Hi,

Is there any error in the server log? Cant tell whats wrong because i cant reproduce the problem. By the way you receive this error when the built in prestashop imageResize function not working correctly.

Also you should check the uploads folder content, because there is a directory inside named thumbs which has to be writable also.

The other solution if you wait till the next version of the slider, i will rewrite the image resizer function.

how can i use this slider with smarty 3, cause i want to use it on and old theme. and if I put use smarty 3 than the theme doesnt work

how can i use this slider with smarty 3, cause i want to use it on and old theme. and if I put use smarty 3 than the theme doesnt work

Probably you have to rewrite the .tpl files.

Hi,

Is there any error in the server log? Cant tell whats wrong because i cant reproduce the problem. By the way you receive this error when the built in prestashop imageResize function not working correctly.

Also you should check the uploads folder content, because there is a directory inside named thumbs which has to be writable also.

The other solution if you wait till the next version of the slider, i will rewrite the image resizer function.

Hi,

i have the same problem.. Error: An error occurred while creating thumbnails.

Permission on modules/uploads and modules/uploads/thumbs are 777.

please help..i really need it.

Thanks. :)

I use this slideshow and it almost work fine. I have pictures which is the same size but when it started you can see the last picture behind at the top why? i use fade effect.

I hope someone have some tips fast.

Hi, Is there any error in the server log? Cant tell whats wrong because i cant reproduce the problem. By the way you receive this error when the built in prestashop imageResize function not working correctly. Also you should check the uploads folder content, because there is a directory inside named thumbs which has to be writable also. The other solution if you wait till the next version of the slider, i will rewrite the image resizer function.

The log is empty, but I found the following errors:

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/furryme/httpdocs/modules/minicslider/minicslider.php on line 473

Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /home/furryme/httpdocs/modules/minicslider/minicslider.php on line 479

Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/janb/httpdocs/furryme/modules/minicslider//uploads/thumbs/admin_slideshow-gallery_en.jpg' for writing in /home/furryme/httpdocs/images.inc.php on line 334

Somehow the script want to access the janb home dir!

Any ideas?

[edit]

the path seem to be broken by $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT']

[/edit]

Edited by marcelx (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I use this slideshow and it almost work fine. I have pictures which is the same size but when it started you can see the last picture behind at the top why? i use fade effect.

I hope someone have some tips fast.

Hi.

Check permissions!