minic studio

[FREE MODULE] minic slider for PS 1.3.x and 1.4.x

IMPORTANT!

There will be no future development for these versions! Prestashop released the v1.5 a long time ago and everybody should use that.

This is a free slider module for Prestashop v1.3.x, v1.4.x and v1.5+. Its really awesome and easy to use for everyone. In the configuration page everything is well explained so easy usage is guaranted.

For versions 2.4+

If you want to use in the TOP POSITION than the module has to be the last in that position, by default will be the last, just remember if you install a new module don't forget to change the position.

Features:

• 16 unique transition effects
  • Simple clean & valid markup
  • Title & Caption text (can be HTML)
  • Linkable images
  • Configuration via backend
  • Publish, Delete, Edit each slide separately
  • Multi language support
  • Responsive
  • 4 module position (top, content, left and right sidebar)
  • Now you can send Bugs and Feedback in the module (for easier development and support)

Browser Support

• Internet Explorer v7+
  • Firefox v3+
  • Google Chrome v4+
  • Safari v4+
  • Opera v10+

Installation

As usual! Upload the downloaded .zip via Prestashop backend or the unzipped content to your modules directory. Than go to the Advertising & Marketing tab on the modules configuration page and install it.

Screens

post-74622-0-57563500-1349942364_thumb.pngpost-74622-0-62206200-1349942366_thumb.pngpost-74622-0-23041000-1349942370_thumb.pngpost-74622-0-53962100-1349942371_thumb.png

Latest version for Prestashop 1.4.9.x

minicslider-v2.4.3.zip

this version wasn't tested on older versions of Prestashop if you experience bugs than use one of the older version of the module

Latest version for Prestashop 1.4.x.x

minicslider-v2.1.zip

Latest version for Prestashop 1.3.x.x

Changelog

V2.4.3

- added HOOK_TOP

- now HTML allowed as caption

- removed custom browse button

V2.4.0

- added new navigation and system messages

- added bug report and feedback

- added latest Nivo Slider (now its responsive)

V2.3.4

- fixed chmod problem

- fixed Browse button in old IE

- removed language code from image names

- added Sort Feedback

- added custom image name option

v2.1.0

- now is sortable via drag & drop

- added blank link option to links

- fixed hook backOfficeHeader to link files only if needed

V2.0.0

- totally rewritten

- added multilanguage

- updated to latest Nivo slider

- added more hook positions

- improoved CSS & jQuery

Edited by Xavier du Tertre
All external links removed (see edit history)
  • Like 13

Thx for the module

Installed on 4.2 but not working, any ideas? Looks great on the demo.

only showing red X images are uploaded to server ok.

• Like 1

Hello, I have reloaded the files manualy and its working almost, none of the transitional effects are showing in the slider of admin end,

post-331502-0-11745700-1330943000_thumb.png

Is there a way to make the image go to the left of the module slot instead of the right?? Would like to replace my current slider (www.mygearmonster.com) with this one but it doesn't fit right without the image go to the left of the placed module.. I'm sure this isn't that hard, I just suck.. If you could at least tell me where in the code to make the change that would be awesome.. Thanks either way, great slider :)

Is there a way to make the image go to the left of the module slot instead of the right?? Would like to replace my current slider (www.mygearmonster.com) with this one but it doesn't fit right without the image go to the left of the placed module.. I'm sure this isn't that hard, I just suck.. If you could at least tell me where in the code to make the change that would be awesome.. Thanks either way, great slider :)

Hi,

Your problem is that your center column width isn't enought, try to give a width in the slider options. Your current slider is 700px. If this isn't working than you have to change your own css files.

i can´t upload images.. i have version 1.4.1.

what am i doing wrong?

Could be permission problem. Check modules_dir/minicslider and modify to 755 (check subdirectories to).

Could be permission problem. Check modules_dir/minicslider and modify to 755 (check subdirectories to).

done that, still the same ALERT saying I don´t have the permissions...

"An error occurred while moving files. Please check permissions."

done that, still the same ALERT saying I don´t have the permissions...

"An error occurred while moving files. Please check permissions."

Try 777.

thanks for your help, I believe there is something wrong with the server today, because as it seems i can´t upload anything today -

I get an error when I'm trying to install this module on prestashop 1.3.6 by simply copying a folder 'minicslider' to folder 'modules'? What am I doing wrong?

I get an error when I'm trying to install this module on prestashop 1.3.6 by simply copying a folder 'minicslider' to folder 'modules'? What am I doing wrong?

U did well, I think its a database problem. What kind of mysql do u have?

Hi Levyke,

Thank you for this kind of great module. I loved your style and simplicity. I have a suggestion and request :)

Is it possible to making multilanguage title, caption and etc? This is more important if you are using for multilanguage store.

thanks

Hi Levyke,

Thank you for this kind of great module. I loved your style and simplicity. I have a suggestion and request :)

Is it possible to making multilanguage title, caption and etc? This is more important if you are using for multilanguage store.

thanks

Hi,

Thx for your reply and suggestion, i think about this but i had no time to develop it yet, its on my list, but you have to wait for this because i liked to make a bigger suggestion list and than i will make a new version.

I will wait for that.

I installed to my fresh prestashop 1.4.7 version, everything was ok. there is a problem about uplading images. it uploades images, this is ok but the image permission is 600 and i can not view image on browser. But thumbs are ok, they are display. I didn't understand what is the problem with permission

I will wait for that.

I installed to my fresh prestashop 1.4.7 version, everything was ok. there is a problem about uplading images. it uploades images, this is ok but the image permission is 600 and i can not view image on browser. But thumbs are ok, they are display. I didn't understand what is the problem with permission

Hi,

600 isn't ok, ou have to modify at least to 644 so everyone can read it not just the owner.

I understand it, but i don't want to do it manually, why it is changing to 600 automatically? is there any option or code change for fixing this issue?

I understand it, but i don't want to do it manually, why it is changing to 600 automatically? is there any option or code change for fixing this issue?

Its seems presta problem (there is few search result for that).

But here is the solution:

- insert this code into the minicslider.php line 655 ( before return true; )

}else{
@chmod(dirname(__FILE__).'/uploads/'.$_FILES['slider_image']['name'], 0644); //copy this line only
return true;
}

only the marked code like above

Hi.

I install it correctly in PS 1.3.2 but when I can´t upload images: "An error occurred while creating thumbnails.". I tried 755, 777...

Can you help me?

Thanks.

Hi.

I install it correctly in PS 1.3.2 but when I can´t upload images: "An error occurred while creating thumbnails.". I tried 755, 777...

Can you help me?

Thanks.

In the module folder you find an uploads folder that and the subfolders need to be writable by the owner.

No matter which kind of animation I use, it shows always the same. Nothing beautiful.

And if I choose to link images to an url, it links to another images link.

No matter which kind of animation I use, it shows always the same. Nothing beautiful.

And if I choose to link images to an url, it links to another images link.

Try to reinstall. I tested on different presta versions, on different servers and worked always.

Hi again.

I got to upload images (thanks) but now all my contents at center column has dissapeared! I mean, when the module is active it make dissapear the products of the FO.

Any clue?

Thanks again!

Carlos

Try to go to Modules->Positions, and have a look if Minic is under Featured Products, and if so, move it above and have a look again.

If I add 5 images, the 5th does not show. The 4th stays double time.

Thanks for answer Aldeag.

I moved it at different Positions but nothing happened. Any solution?

hi,

thanks for sharing this module, i've got a little problem.

i'm using PS 1.3.7 and default themes. After installing module, it shows "database error" also when i upload image is says "

An error occurred when updating dat

abase."

can you help me? i've tried uninstall, and reinstall module, but not help. My server using MySQL for database.

Hi again.

I got to upload images (thanks) but now all my contents at center column has dissapeared! I mean, when the module is active it make dissapear the products of the FO.

Any clue?

Thanks again!

Carlos

Can you provide a link to the store with the activated slider?

hi,

thanks for sharing this module, i've got a little problem.

i'm using PS 1.3.7 and default themes. After installing module, it shows "database error" also when i upload image is says "

An error occurred when updating dat

abase."

can you help me? i've tried uninstall, and reinstall module, but not help. My server using MySQL for database.

MySQL version? For the moment the code isn't perfect so this kind of bugs can happen with different version of MySQL.

Hi again.

Sorry, if I activate the module all my content disappear and I'll lose sales so I prefer to attach a screenshot. I hope you find it useful.

Thanks!

post-320879-0-38436300-1331418065_thumb.png

MySQL version? For the moment the code isn't perfect so this kind of bugs can happen with different version of MySQL.

its Server version: 5.0.95 and MySQL client version: 4.1.22

what i need to do? thx for helping

Hi again.

Sorry, if I activate the module all my content disappear and I'll lose sales so I prefer to attach a screenshot. I hope you find it useful.

Thanks!

post-320879-0-38436300-1331418065_thumb.png

It seems this is a php or smarty error. But i cant tell whats wrong. Later i try to reproduce this error.

its Server version: 5.0.95 and MySQL client version: 4.1.22

what i need to do? thx for helping

MySQL its a little bit old so i think this is the problem. If you have programing skills you can rewrite the SQL code in the module.

Ok thanks Levyke, if you need something tell me, I'd like to use this module, it's seems very good!

MySQL its a little bit old so i think this is the problem. If you have programing skills you can rewrite the SQL code in the module.

This module Nivo Slider (i think the core file like yours) http://www.prestashop.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=45613

work for me, what i supposed to do so your module (your feature more improve than that module) works on my web? thank you

This module Nivo Slider (i think the core file like yours) http://www.prestasho...attach_id=45613

work for me, what i supposed to do so your module (your feature more improve than that module) works on my web? thank you

Yes, that module inspirated me i also used some code from it, i dont know whats wrong. I suggest you to wait a few weeks for a new version witch has to be work better.

Hi levyke, I'm developping the same stuff, nivo slider module, right now.

So i take a look at yours... And it's awesome! Great Job.

by the way, I've changed this:

TYPE=InnoDB

and put that instead

ENGINE=InnoDB

To make it works. Hope it helps.

Question: Accordinf to you what is the best practice. Put the options in the DB, like you do, or use stuff like this

Configuration::updateValue('NIVO_SLIDER_GW_SLICES',15);

Changes i've made, are on line 31 and 51 :)

Which are the advantages? :mellow:

Hi levyke, I'm developping the same stuff, nivo slider module, right now.

So i take a look at yours... And it's awesome! Great Job.

by the way, I've changed this:

TYPE=InnoDB

and put that instead

ENGINE=InnoDB

To make it works. Hope it helps.

Question: Accordinf to you what is the best practice. Put the options in the DB, like you do, or use stuff like this

Configuration::updateValue('NIVO_SLIDER_GW_SLICES',15);

Yes this is the good way, just when i started to develope this module i didn't know the presta well. I wrote in another comment that i need to rewrite this module just need more time :)

Also thx for the bugfix.

Thank you for sharing a great slider! Might just be what I was looking for ;)

I have one problem: no matter where I move the module, it displays OVER my Top horizontal menu v1.3 module. I have this module hooked at Top of pages, the slider is hooked at Homepage content.

When I load the homepage it shows my horizontal menu for a split second, until the slider is loaded. The slider is then displaying over the menu.

Does anybody know how to fix this? Thank you!

Seems very nice, but I receive an install error and if I try to select configure later it says "Database error.". using MySQL 5.5.22 and php 5.2.17. Any ideas?

Thank you for sharing a great slider! Might just be what I was looking for ;)

I have one problem: no matter where I move the module, it displays OVER my Top horizontal menu v1.3 module. I have this module hooked at Top of pages, the slider is hooked at Homepage content.

When I load the homepage it shows my horizontal menu for a split second, until the slider is loaded. The slider is then displaying over the menu.

Does anybody know how to fix this? Thank you!

Hi,

You can fix this with a little css coding. Or if you wait a few days i release my new version witch will be more better.

Seems very nice, but I receive an install error and if I try to select configure later it says "Database error.". using MySQL 5.5.22 and php 5.2.17. Any ideas?

I`m not sure what is the problem, the slider cant connect or insert something into the database.

As i mentioned above there will be a new, better version within few days.

I am having some issues with the thumbnail creation. Error I'm getting is:

"An error occurred while creating thumbnails."

I've looked in the php file and I saw that the only two error checks with this response are when the images are resized to be converted into thumbnails. Any insight please?

Using PS 1.4.7.0

Figured out the issue, had to chmod. Image uploads now, but still get the same error <_<

I don't need the thumbnails, but would be good to know what the problem may be for future reference.

Thank you for this module. It is working well for me using PS 1.4.6.2.

I have a question for anyone who can answer; I hooked the module into the top of pages and it is displayed on all pages.

However, I only wish to display the slider on the home page.

I tried inserting the following code into slideric.tpl :

{if $page_name == 'index'}

But depending on where I placed it, there was either an error, or the code was printed on the homepage.

Any ideas?

Elizabeth410,

Hook the module to the "Homepage content" position and you won't need to use code.

Thank you, I will probably go with that solution.

Edit: I made a mistake and was trying to edit a tpl file in the folder of a different slider module... But your answer has helped me anyway.

Has anyone attempted to correct the image resolution issue (meaning that if you have a larger image, the slider will adjust to highest size without changing the resolution of the other images)? If so, how?

Thank you for this module. It is working well for me using PS 1.4.6.2.

I have a question for anyone who can answer; I hooked the module into the top of pages and it is displayed on all pages.

However, I only wish to display the slider on the home page.

I tried inserting the following code into slideric.tpl :

{if $page_name == 'index'}

But depending on where I placed it, there was either an error, or the code was printed on the homepage.

Any ideas?

Hi,

When you transplant a module to a position there you can manage wich pages do you want to be appear.

• Like 1

Hi,

When you transplant a module to a position there you can manage wich pages do you want to be appear.

I transplanted the module and after adjusting css values it is working now. Thanks!

Love the mod!

I'm testing it on my home page but it's not quite centered, any tips?

edit: Solved, rezised the images to 530px

Cheers

Jay

shop-click.co.uk

I managed to finish the v2.0 version!

- added multilanguage support

- better code

- more configuration options

- more user friendly

You can download it from the first post.

Give a like if you like :)

Sorry but again a newer version is released.

I fixed a bug and added sorting capabilities with drag & drop.

You can download it from the first post.

Thanks for great module, but i have a litle bit of problem, my slider wont load, first i think because of file permission (based on GTmetrix.com it show 403 forbidden on all your /upload/image.jpg) i try to repair permission to those files, and it load but i still cant see my slide.

My website is http://rumahstiker.com/prestashop

[NOTED] Its been solved, problem happen because i move all javascript on header.tpl to footer.tpl, just bring it to header.tpl and it solved, thanks very much for your great module,,

Installed the slider and I'm just getting a blank slider. The slider itself shows up but there aren't any images. I've tried several different images and nothing.

This is what I get:

blankminicslider.jpg

Edit: Never mind. I figured it out. For those of you like me who don't know what anybody is talking about half the time with this stuff:

The Minicslider uploaded images onto my server when I added them in the module in the back office. When I right clicked the images in my server/file manager to view online, the thumbnails worked fine the larger images didn't. I got some error. I had to set the permissions for the larger images which (at least with my hosting) was just a right click on the image file, choose set permissions (I just copied the thumbnail permissions) in case this happens to someone else. This set permission to 667. There were numbers under each column of check boxes for the permissions and those change depending on the check boxes I chose. So when you see people talking about setting permissions to 667 or 777, this is what they are talking about. Works great now.

• Like 1

Hi All

First off great module!

Can any one please tell me how to get this in to the top of page hook?

I have been trying for a while and I'm wanting to get the slide show to appear at the top of the page under the header.

I have tried several times to mange the hook but all I seem to get is "This module cannot be transplanted to this hook."

Any help would be gratefully recived!

I may be mistaken but that looks to be in the same place as my example. The layout of the site is a little different but it seems to be under the horizontal menu????

To get mine where it is, I went into Modules - Position - and did the live editor and dragged it up above the main body/text of the center column (which I don't have because I left blank. The text would show up between the slider and the Featured Products blocks.

Again, I can be completely wrong as to what you are going for as I am very new at this.

If you look at this image you should get a better idea of exactly where it is I am trying to the the module to display

The area in Red is where i would like to get the module to display

post-346428-0-74068000-1334521354_thumb.jpg

Oh, I see. Sorry. I don't really know what it will take to get it there. I have a test store. I'll see if I can do that.

• Like 1

I'm not sure this module can be positioned up there. I've read the Nivoslider couldn't be positioned up there and I think that's what this is based off of. Maybe someone with more know-how can help out.

Maybe try this instead: http://addons.prestashop.com/en/slideshows/2577-lite-accordion-.html

When I was looking for sliders, I almost used this and I think I saw it at the top of a store once.

yeah thanks for that but that isn't what my client is looking for.

Ah well back to the drawing board

Sorry I can't be of more help. I've only been doing this for about 3 weeks now so it's all new to me.

Keep in mind that I could be completely wrong about this not being able to be positioned up there. It wouldn't work for me.

Hi All

First off great module!

Can any one please tell me how to get this in to the top of page hook?

I have been trying for a while and I'm wanting to get the slide show to appear at the top of the page under the header.

I have tried several times to mange the hook but all I seem to get is "This module cannot be transplanted to this hook."

Any help would be gratefully recived!

Hi,

Currently no support for that position, only left, center and right columns. At the begining i wanted to put the TOP hook in, but because of the HTML buildup of that hook position, you need some css work to get it working.

The best idea is a new hook position under the TOP HOOK and CENTER column but this need some presta core file mondification so i abandoned for now.

There will be a new version in the future with more cool stuffs, in that version i'll implement it somehow.

Hi MINIC,

I can't expand the slides on bottom in BO. I click to the slide line, but nothing happens. I don't know why.

On the other site everything works well.

Can you help me?

Hi,

You can fix this with a little css coding. Or if you wait a few days i release my new version witch will be more better.

Hi there, Did you manage to sort a fix for this (the slider covering over the horizontal menu)? I've got the same problem in that the slider appears on top of the horizontal menu, when i want it to appear just underneath.

if a fix is a few weeks off, can you tell me which file i need to edit to fix myself?

Thanks,

Dave

ps - apart from above issue, an absolutely amazing slider :)

Hi, work fine in 1.4.7.3, but can you make some update to work above the site and not in footer ? Tks..

Hi there, Did you manage to sort a fix for this (the slider covering over the horizontal menu)? I've got the same problem in that the slider appears on top of the horizontal menu, when i want it to appear just underneath.

if a fix is a few weeks off, can you tell me which file i need to edit to fix myself?

Thanks,

Dave

ps - apart from above issue, an absolutely amazing slider :)

Hi,

This seems CSS problem, and you have to resolve yourself, i can make that kind of module witch working all of the different cases.

Can you provide a link to the site, so i can check whats wrong?

Hi, work fine in 1.4.7.3, but can you make some update to work above the site and not in footer ? Tks..

Hi,

If you mean that the slider appears in the bottom of your page than you have to move it upper in BO. On the modules page there is a menu positions, you can sort the appearance there.

Hi MINIC,

I can't expand the slides on bottom in BO. I click to the slide line, but nothing happens. I don't know why.

On the other site everything works well.

Can you help me?

Hi,

I cant tell what is the problem... The jQuery part is very simple, its should work, maybe some other JS files make some error and force the code to stop. In Chrome or Opera (or if you have firebug in Firefox) check the error log or the console for the problem. And paste here so we can resolve the problem.

Hi,

This seems CSS problem, and you have to resolve yourself, i can make that kind of module witch working all of the different cases.

Can you provide a link to the site, so i can check whats wrong?

Hi there,

I'll send you a PM with the link.

Thanks

Dave

Many thanks to Minic Studio, have resolved my issue with slider covering the top of the horizontal menu, here's the solution should anyone else need it. Thanks again for your help, fantastic support!! :)

The solution is simple:

- in your template folder search for css/global.css ( your ftp/themes/matrice/css/global.css )

- open with an text editor and search in the file for : #main_center_column

- you should find this:

#main_center_column {

margin: auto;

width: 890px;

}

- below the width, type this:

clear: both;

And check your site ;).

• Like 1

Hi guys

Can anyone tell me how to position minic slider like this?

see example: http://prestaddon.co...ms.php?id_cms=6

I want my images to have resolution 980x400px.

Hi,

You need to add the TOP HOOK to the slider and position with CSS (this is the ugly way) or you need to make a custom HOOK and add to the slider, or you can find some other ugly ways with jQuery (maybe append).

I prefer the second way, make a new HOOK position and hook the module there.

Hi,

You need to add the TOP HOOK to the slider and position with CSS (this is the ugly way) or you need to make a custom HOOK and add to the slider, or you can find some other ugly ways with jQuery (maybe append).

I prefer the second way, make a new HOOK position and hook the module there.

Hi

Thanks for advice, but this is too complicated for me. I think I end up buying VTEM module eventually.

Regards

Its seems presta problem (there is few search result for that).

But here is the solution:

- insert this code into the minicslider.php line 655 ( before return true; )

}else{
@chmod(dirname(__FILE__).'/uploads/'.$_FILES['slider_image']['name'], 0644); //copy this line only
return true;
}

only the marked code like above

There is no "return true" in line 655. There is "$this->_deleteImages(Tools::getValue('oldImage'));"

Maybe in newer version is another code? I have problem with saving images (Presta appoints chmod 600 to slider images)

Please find my minicslider.php attached

minicslider.php

There is no "return true" in line 655. There is "$this->_deleteImages(Tools::getValue('oldImage'));"

Maybe in newer version is another code? I have problem with saving images (Presta appoints chmod 600 to slider images)

Please find my minicslider.php attached

Insert into line 802 this:

@chmod($path.$name, 0644);

So will be this:

$image = $name;
return $image;

And of course reupload the images or change the permission on them.

• Like 3

Insert into line 802 this:

So will be this:

$image = $name;
return $image;

And of course reupload the images or change the permission on them.

Thanks a lot!

Guest zertya

Hi,

First, I would like to thank you for sharing this module with us.

Is it possible for you to make a version ready with PS 1.5?

I think that it will need very few changes, and I don't want to port it to 1.5 if someone already did it.

Thanks anyway.

Hi,

First, I would like to thank you for sharing this module with us.

Is it possible for you to make a version ready with PS 1.5?

I think that it will need very few changes, and I don't want to port it to 1.5 if someone already did it.

Thanks anyway.

Its working on 1.5 beta, only need some css fixes, but the functionality is fully working. But there will be a better, newer version for 1.5 (multi slider, more hooks and lots more cool stuff).

Guest zertya

Thank you for your quick reply.

I tried your module on PS 1.5.0.9 (beta 4) and you module works, but effect selection does not work unfortunately. So there is a little more than CSS fixes to make, that's why I asked my question.

Thank you for your quick reply.

I tried your module on PS 1.5.0.9 (beta 4) and you module works, but effect selection does not work unfortunately. So there is a little more than CSS fixes to make, that's why I asked my question.

Yes, that could be, i tested on 1.5 before that improvement.