Google Analytics not reporting for /order-confirmation.php

Hi,

My Google Analytics code is not running as expected on /order-confirmation.php. Any help would be highly appreciated!

Prestashop Version: 1.4.6.2

Analytics Module: Google Analytics v.1.3 by Prestashop

Analytics Goal Settings:

Same as suggested by phrasespot on

http://www.prestasho...ogle-analytics/

Goal type: URL destination

Match type: Regular Expression match

Goal URL: /order-confirmation\.php

(I have also tried other RegEx variations: ^/order-confirmation\.php.* and /order-confirmation\.php.* )

Goal Funnel:

Step 1 /product.php Product page

Step 2 /order/step0.html Cart view

Step 3 /authentication.php Authentication

Step 4 /order/step1.html Address

Step 5 /order/step2.html Shipping

Step 6 /order/step3.html Payment

Additionaly, I have checked the case sensitive checkbox. Not that it seems to make any difference.

Problem:

The GA code is on the page and _utm.gif is loading, but according to Analytics data when using Google's Javascript console to debug the tracking code, /order-confirmation.php has 0 pageviews.

As the attached screenshot shows, 5 instances of _utm.gif are retreived using GET. I was expecting one, why 5? There is only one GA script running on the page.

Anyway, 0 pageviews for /order-confirmation.php is consistent with the goal funnel where the conversion flow is broken at Step 6.

I have done some test conversions, and the goal funnel reports the following exit paths:

/modules/cashondelivery/validation.php

/order/step1.html

In all cases I used cash on delivery, so although an exit to /modules/cashondelivery/validation.php might make sense I can't understand why GA is reporting /order/step1.html

I also set up a goal for /modules/cashondelivery/validation.php where the funnel is steps 1 - 6 above. This goal funnel tracked test conversions.

My impression is that the payment module somehow prevents the GA code to run. Not that it makes any sense (but when did Google-logics make any sense?).

Can someone explain what is going on here? I am sure it is something obvious, but I just cant figure it out.

Best & thanks

Havard

Description of Attachments:

- JavaScriptConsole.png - screenshot of Googles console to troubleshoot GA code installation when running order-confirmation.php

- OrderConfirmationFunnel.png - Screenshot of Goal Funnel showing exits at step 6.

- OrderConfirmationSettings.png - Screenshot of Goal & funnel settings.

- CODValdiationFunnel.png - Screenshot of goal funnel where goal is /modules/cashondelivery/validation.php

post-332183-0-86573500-1330092078_thumb.png

post-332183-0-40868800-1330092081_thumb.png

post-332183-0-65242800-1330092089_thumb.png

post-332183-0-92204800-1330092095_thumb.png

Update:

We believe we have found the cause:

_gaq.push(['_trackPageview', '/order-confirmation.php']);

The above line should be included in the GA code snippet for the confirmation page, and in our case it is not. Normally it would be fairly straight forward to add this line of code, but that is apparently not the case with Prestashop if you are a newbie.

Does anybody have any tips as to how and where to add this simple line of code?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

How did you get on?

I had a problem with this after upgrading to 1.4.8.2.

Tracking code was setting as order step 0 on the order-confirmation page.

I tried adding a missing Meta page for order-confirmation with a re-write confirmation-of-order.

Back Officeseparator_breadcrum.pngPreferencesseparator_breadcrum.pngSEO & URLs

Then set google target url head match to /orderconfirmation

Good Luck

Edited by Mias-Accessories (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...