UPS Module displaying incorrect error when cart is >100lbs

Lindsayanng

I have seen this issue posted in a number of topics - there is one here where the last person to post was having the exact same issue:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/148197-there-are-no-carriers-available-that-deliver-to-this-address/

The issue is that if someone has added items to their cart that are over 100lbs, UPS will not accept it because they require a freight charge to ship anything over 100lbs.

Currently the temp fix is to change the calculations to calculate shipping by splitting items instead of in one box. This adds money to the shipping costs for the customer, which is not ideal when shipping charges are highly competative in a lot of markets.

So the question is, how do we fix this?

Solution #1:

The logic (in my mind) would be to allow a table rate to split boxes. So basically if 0lbs - 75lb calculate in one box, if 76lbs - 100lbs calculate separately.

Solution #2:

change the choice of error!! I would be happy to change the error message to

"Thank you for your interest. Your cart weight currently totals over 100lbs. Please call customer service to complete your order and save money on shipping."

If someone out there familiar with this plugin could give me guidance on where to find this snippet of code that calls to the default carrier message, please post this way I can make a quick fix and then move on to a bigger, better, fix.

• 2 years later...