Module Translation wont save

falrc

Hi all.

After searching around the forums and posts i cant fix my problem. The problem is that the translation wont save under modules. All other translations gets saved.

All php variables are correct.

suhosin.request.max_vars = 7000

suhosin.post.max_vars = 7000

Also CHMOD is set to 755.

Anyone got some tips?

Running PS 1.4.7

• 3 weeks later...

Also having a simillar problem. Only an issue with module translations. getting a 503 error":

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

A way to manually edit or a fix would be great.

Hy folks. I am on a same boat (same errors). I dont know, but I have a feeling that it happens because there are too manny expressions (tota expressions 4908 in my case).

I also tried in different browsers (I use Safary regulary, also tried in Firefox and Chrome) to see if it is a performance issue but still no luck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you made sure that there are translation files in all the module folders on your server?

For each language you need the correct file otherwise it wont be able to save anything. The stock modules arent usually the problem so check any custom modules.

Have you made sure that there are translation files in all the module folders on your server?

For each language you need the correct file otherwise it wont be able to save anything. The stock modules arent usually the problem so check any custom modules.

Thanks for the hint.

Hmmm, before i start I guess it would be vise to tell you that I use a Template from Template Monster with some of their modules. So, what should I check? If there are si.php files or en.php files in each directory?

And if there are si.php files missing should I just copy some empty si.php or what?

I am trying to translate it to Slovenian language (si) code.

OK, tried with si.php. No luck. I will try to ask at Templatemonster if they can tell me how the translations of their modules work. German language works and Slowenian not.

Gosh, if there would be more info in log files (wishfull thinking).

• 5 months later...

I have the exact same problem fellas. I'm using v1.4.2.5. I had done many translations before without any problems. Now I can't do any module translations. It gives "service temporarily unavailable" error to me. I can do translations at FO or the other sections. The problem is only at module translations.

I have the tr.php file (for Turkish) in that specific module folder but it's completely blank file. I need urgent help. Thanks.

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi guys, i have this problem to, but after i read many posts, i still the same, so what i did was; i made the the uninstall to all custom modules and the module translations work fine.

Now the problem is in some custom modules, they work fine in the store, but we cant translate in Back office because give this error "

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /website/adminxh/index.php on this server. "

and if the module is installed you cant edit the others, because of one the others take effect to, but if you make the unistall to that module the others will work fine.

Now you need to unistall all modules and see what modules cant be translated and what is the modules will give the translation error, after this you have 2 options;

1º - you dont install that custom module, and you can translate all modules

2º - you install that module and will work fine in FO, but you cant translate all the modules, because will give u error.

Some one need to discover how to pass this problem..

Tks..

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everybody

I am new to the forum and to prestashop

i installed a prestashop theme and want to translate it. 

I managed to translate everything, except Front End

I used Localization > translation > Front Office 

When I make changes in the Front Office translation and Save it takes me to a blank page and nothing happens

I have permission ok, I have all xx.php ( xx=language code) files in all folders 

not matter what language i try to translate it does not save it

any hints? 

• 2 months later...

Hi friend, if you insert custom modules, you not be able to use the translation modules menu because will give u error when you save them, this is one bug of prestashop, many versions already came out but the problem is the same, you need to try to translate with the language file in the module, if the module dont have the language file, contact the author of module maybe he can give u this file..

Is the only way for this problem.. I have one module with all things in my language and the name " Price " is in english and i cant translate that because i think the md5 file is missing, and i dont know what is, so he stay in english, i dont have other option..

Cya..

AngelSpeedy - it's not true  that this is bug of prestashop, translations of custom modules works well, only one version has got this issue, as far as i remember it was 1.5.3, in all other versions translation feature works very well

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, vekia, if we install prestashop from begining, some customs modules work fine with translation, but after we install many others the translation stop working, i already did that to see what was the problem and i found that bug, some modules make this funtion stop working well..

Cya..

Hi, vekia, if we install prestashop from begining, some customs modules work fine with translation, but after we install many others the translation stop working, i already did that to see what was the problem and i found that bug, some modules make this funtion stop working well..

Cya..

Hello AngelSpeedy, 

than you for clarification

may i know about what modules you're talking? i will check them (sources and possibility to translations)