killerthemes

[free 1.4.X theme] Pintaprest (pintarest inspired prestashop theme)

If you like pinterest you will probably like this theme.

pintaprest-free-prestashop-14x-theme.jpg

It's built around the new prestashop theme so hopefully will be upgradeable to the 1.5 version.

You can view a demo here

And download it here

Edited by killerthemes (see edit history)
  • Like 5

This is a really nice theme. How do you set what appears on the top horizontal bar?

This is the top horizontal menu. If you have installed it you can manage the menu items in the modules sector.

Hi dupey, this is pretty similar to the new prestashop standard theme which is the basis of this theme.

These are the modules of the top pages section (including the top menu):

Language block,

currency block,

prestashop new theme permanent links block

block user info

prestashop new theme cart block

you can move them in your backend under "modules => position" until it fits best for your needs

header-top.png

I solved this question, but here it is for anybody else who runs into the issue. You resize images under preferences->images. The bigpic box appears to be the same as the 'large' image size. Changing the size of the 'large' image to 264x264 from 300x300 took care of the overlap.

--------------------------------------------

On the product page the product_short_description is overlapped by the product image in the bigpic box to the left. I'm a bit rusty on my CSS - is there a simple solution for this?

It looks like the bigpic box on the demo site is 264x264 pixels where the bigpic box on my site is 300x300 pixels. Guess I need to figure out where to change the default size of the bigpic box.

Edited by organizeitmom (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Killerthemes, would you mind listing the proper sizes of the images used in pintaprest? Here are the size options:

small

medium

large

thickbox

category

home

large_scene

thumb_scene

Thank you again for this theme!

• Like 1

thanks for hint regarding the image sizes, organizeitmom. I had mine already resized so I completely forgot about this.

These are my image settings

2012-03-04_1202.png

The product image on the product page is the large size image so this needs to be resized too.

• Like 2

OK, one more question...taxes aren't displayed in a separate line in the cart or in the checkout page. There is an option to display the taxes in a separate line, under back office->payment->taxes (then scroll to the bottom). Is there something I'm missing to get taxes displayed on a separate line?

Here's a thread that deals with taxes on the cart block, but I THINK it's specific to 1.4.6.2 and not 1.4.7.0.

http://www.prestasho...-on-cart-block/

I have just enabled the option and the tax displays fine in the cart (version 1.4.7). So yes this looks like being 1.4.6.2 specific, an update should solve the issue.

• Like 1

killerthemes,

Thanks for the quick response. I see that the taxes are showing up in the cart now on the demo site. I downloaded the new theme and installed it, but the taxes still aren't showing up in the cart on my local site. I'm setting up my first site here...is there something specific I need to do? Taxes in the cart are enabled under Payments->Taxes.

I also did a fresh install on a test system and didn't see the taxes there. I downloaded the theme from the link at the top - is that the wrong location?

I also did a fresh install on a test system and didn't see the taxes there. I downloaded the theme from the link at the top - is that the wrong location?

Hi organizeitmom, yes this is the correct location. Just to make sure this isn't the reason ... a tax rule is selected for the products and "show taxes in cart" is activated in the fresh install, too (I think it is not activated by default)?

Hi organizeitmom, yes this is the correct location. Just to make sure this isn't the reason ... a tax rule is selected for the products and "show taxes in cart" is activated in the fresh install, too (I think it is not activated by default)?

Yes, 'Show taxes in cart' is activated on the fresh install.

hmm .. it should work if a tax rule is applied to the products (did you check this?). Do you mind sharing a link to your site?

I haven't exposed the website yet (still testing it), so I don't have it up on any publicly available servers at the moment. I would be happy to take screenshots of whatever is useful though. I have tax rules set up for my state (Utah, USA) and the tax is calculating. It's just not being listed in the cart or on the checkout page.

I also noticed that the top horizontal bar goes funny when you click on any of the categories listed in IE 9. This happens both on my site and on the demo site, so it shouldn't be too hard to generate. Of course I'm finding a lot of things that don't seem to work in IE (like almost any slide show that I try to use)!!

Killerthemes,

The issue with my taxes showing up was that I had the 'Price Display Method' set to 'Tax Excluded' under Customers->Groups->edit default group. Changing to 'Tax Included' got taxes showing up. Thank you for your patience on that issue!

Here are a couple of screnshots showing how the horizontal bar isn't displaying properly in IE9. It displays correctly initially, but it goes to what looks like a bullet list when you click on anything on the top bar or anything in the categories module.

post-327660-0-25474600-1331272169_thumb.png

post-327660-0-71798000-1331272180_thumb.png

• Like 1

Thanks for the report organizeitmom. I haven't noticed this before and will look into the matter.

The error seems to be in the new prestashop default theme as well

Will check to find the reason ...

One more small bug...on the 404 page, the bg_search_input.png and bg_search_input.png pages are looked for in /prestashop/img/ instead of /prestashop/themes/pintaprest/img. I symlinked them from the /prestashop/img directory like this, so it's pretty easy to work around. I'm sure it's just a variable problem, but unfortunately I'm not familiar enough with the code to find the actual source of the problem.

ln -s ../themes/pintaprest/img/bg_search_submit.png ./bg_search_submit.png

ln -s ../themes/pintaprest/img/bg_search_input.png ./bg_search_input.png

Hi organizeitmom, thanks for your input ... will check regarding 404 page.

Here is what I found out regarding the topmenu problem in IE. This seems to be a compatibility problem with a other modules. Here is a thread about it:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/109115-solved-kind-of-julien-breux-top-horizontal-menu-problem-in-internet-explorer/

I checked it out and it was the new prestashop theme permanent links module ... if I disable it the menu shows fine in IE 9.

This is of course not very satisfactory ...

• Like 1

Heh - that's actually what I ended up doing. I'm seeming to find several (potential) bugs in 1.4.7 and thinking about going back to 1.4.6.2. Is this large number of bugs your experience with Prestashop?

Hi organizeitmom, this is actually not a prestashop bug but has something to do with the horizontal menu module and is most likely an IE Bug. I can imagine it will incur in 1.4.6.2 as well if you install the horizontal top menu module. My experience is that most prestashop bugs I have come across were fixed a short time after they have been reported to the bug tracker. I am looking forward to the final release of 1.5 version. The beta version is already very promising and I am impressed how quick they catch up with the bug tracker. It must be a load of work.

hey killerthemes, first of all thanks for the free theme it's one of my favourites so far. I just wanted to let you know I had an issue in the ordering process where the next and back buttons at each order step looked like they weren't correctly being drawn. (I had a quick look at the CSS and it seemed like some rules had overruled others to do with border and background colour that shouldnt have).

Im no expert and im just learning to use prestashop at the moment so it could be that I have done something wrong, anyway just letting you know it might be a problem. If you arent seeing it then it may just be me.

• Like 1

Hey,

I am having an issue with the cart. If you go to my site www.dixielandmonogram.com and add items to the cart they can't be deleted. If you click the x's nothing happens even if you go to the cart you press delete it seems like they delete but when you leave the screen they come back. If you click the quantity buttons you get an error.

Help!

thanks for that, good effort in supporting your theme. will let you know how I get on with it, had been away on business so my work on presta was halted for a while anyway

I am having an issue with the cart. If you go to my site www.dixielandmonogram.com and add items to the cart they can't be deleted. If you click the x's nothing happens even if you go to the cart you press delete it seems like they delete but when you leave the screen they come back. If you click the quantity buttons you get an error.

Hi dixieland, this seems to apply to customized products only. However you can delete them in the following checkout process. Not sure why it is not working in the cart module itself. This seems to be a prestashop related issue.

thanks for that, good effort in supporting your theme. will let you know how I get on with it, had been away on business so my work on presta was halted for a while anyway

thanks for reporting back!

killerthemes Hi, my problem is that shopping is not located in a place where you have to.

post-349131-0-07935200-1335185261_thumb.png

How to move to the basket, as in the demo?

Hi spasl,

the cart block should be located in the top of pages section.

Here is a screenshot of the module position in the theme demo:

2012-04-23_1651.png

Hope this helps.

Thank you, but the problem I have this block in the wrong place, he is in:

Header of pages

How can I move back to the:

Top of pages

There are two instances of this module. In header of pages (to include javascripts etc.) and then in top of pages which is the actual module itself.

killerthemes hi, there are a couple of questions.

How do I remove the left-hand column? as in many other pages.

post-349131-0-77253200-1335363075_thumb.png

How to fix the font header and buttons? These buttons appear only on the cart page.

post-349131-0-30462700-1335363337_thumb.png

And one more thing, how can these tables are inserted into the white box? As on many other pages. I just think it would look prettier.

post-349131-0-07057000-1335363728_thumb.png

Here's an example in this block

post-349131-0-42621400-1335363730_thumb.png

killerthemes It turned out everything except how to remove the left column,

uyurat her?

It's seems that there is the same problem with your theme (or something else) like we have here:

http://www.prestashop.com/forums/topic/1665[spam-filter]all-modules-in-new-standard-theme-prestashop-15-not-shown-when-installing/

Presta doesn't install all new modules.

BTW:

spasl - killerthemes gave theme for free, and he made it to look how it's looks now. So why you asking how to make so many changes ? If you don't like it, do not use.

Sorry it may sound like I am attack you, no offence. I am just want to say that is not his job to do it.

kapees, pintaprest is based on the new prestashop theme so yes, most likely the same reason. I will have to look into this. spasl, regarding the left column ... what page is this. Unfortunately I can't figure out from your screenshot where you are getting this step. The normal cart is whithout left column.

killerthemes

The problem is that I can not remove the left-hand column.

I understand that you can set this code:

#left_column {display:none}
#center_column{width:757px}

post-349131-0-34679500-1336026070_thumb.png

post-349131-0-28857200-1336026073_thumb.png

How to register in the module cashondelivery

Here is the module:

cashondelivery.zip

killerthemes

The problem is that I can not remove the left-hand column.

I understand that you can set this code:

#left_column {display:none}
#center_column{width:757px}

post-349131-0-34679500-1336026070_thumb.png

post-349131-0-28857200-1336026073_thumb.png

I see your screenshot but unfortunately I don't understand Russian so I can't figure out where you are getting this screen. What is it? The check out? There shouldn't be a left column during check out. Do you mind sharing a link to the site?

All is not necessary, I removed the right peg and leave only the left.

Thanks again for the pattern.

Very good template!

How do I translate into Hungarian in the shopping cart? I tried to translate, but it was in English.

Sorry for my bad english.

Thank you.

www.petdream.hu

Edited by fjoejoe (see edit history)

Hi killerthemes,

Thanks for this nice theme. Do you think I can use it in prestashop 1.5 or should it need to be re-coded and tested for this?

Marius