PayPal Error 10422

JrDeline

Need help with the PayPal Modul

My paypal version is 2.8.5 and i get following error if someone want pay with paypal:

PayPal response:

TIMESTAMP -> 2012-02-16T12:14:27Z

L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10422

L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Customer must choose new funding sources.

L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The customer must return to PayPal to select new funding sources.

L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Can any help me how i can solve that problem, and what are the reason for that error. Big Thanks!

• 2 years later...

Need help with the PayPal Modul

My paypal version is 2.8.5 and i get following error if someone want pay with paypal:

PayPal response:

TIMESTAMP -> 2012-02-16T12:14:27Z

L_ERRORCODE0 -> 10422

L_SHORTMESSAGE0 -> Customer must choose new funding sources.

L_LONGMESSAGE0 -> The customer must return to PayPal to select new funding sources.

L_SEVERITYCODE0 -> Error

Can any help me how i can solve that problem, and what are the reason for that error. Big Thanks!

HI, same error... did you find the solution?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi,

here you can find some clue: it's a API issue that needs a developper to be fixed.

https://www.paypal-knowledge.com/infocenter/index?page=content&expand=true&locale=en_US&id=FAQ1850

By the way check first if your module configuration is ok (API username, API key, etc.)

Then save configuration again (just in case...).

I did it and it worked to me.

You can also try to reset your module (then you'll have to set up configuration again).

Hope it helps.

• 2 years later...

Issue
PayPal returned API error code 10422 - The customer must return to PayPal to select a new funding source.

Cause
Your customer needs to choose a new funding source because of an issue with the previous payment method they selected; for example, insufficient funds, bank decline, and so on.

Source: https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/why-did-i-get-api-error-code-10422-ts1850

I.e., the problem not with the module, but it will be better to improve it:

// Note: This example is pseudo-code and language-agnostic, so you must adapt it for your specific integration.
if(response[‘ACK’] === “Failure”){
    if(response[‘L_ERRORCODE0’] === 10422){
        // send user back to a page which contains the checkout form and populate the fields that were filled out previously for proper UI experience (so the customer doesn’t have to retype everything)
        // let the customer know that the payment method was not accepted and they need to choose another way to pay.
    }
}