Ingomar

Send email notifications to customers when product is back in stock

Hi guys,

Where can I find the free module or tool which send email notifications to customers when a product is back in stock. Customers can leave theire email-adres on the product page. When the product is back in stock, they receive automaticly an email.

I know there is a module or tool for that, but I cant find him!

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

you are looking for mailalerts module which your prestashop installation contains. Just install and configure that module in BO.

Hi guys,

Where can I find the free module or tool which send email notifications to customers when a product is back in stock. Customers can leave theire email-adres on the product page. When the product is back in stock, they receive automaticly an email.

I know there is a module or tool for that, but I cant find him!

Thanks in advance!

This functionality already exists in prestashop. Just try to make a product quantity zero and check the product page. You will see there is a textbox to enter email address along with the message 'notify me when back in stock'

Hi,

what you need to do is, when a product is on stock, on the BO, on the page of the product, you have some options to choose when you put the ammount, so you have to choose "restocking" because if you just increase, you don't make a really stock movement and the module doesn't assume that and it dont send the email to customer.

Cheers

This doesnt seem to work very well at all.

I tested with 4 emails addresses. Only one of 3 actually got entered into database. And no email was sent when I added stock or used restocking. Only emails received were my own out of stock warnings.

Tested many different ways over several hours and nothing

This is pretty important with fast moving in and out stock. Especially if you have stock a day or two after visit

Any idea why its not working?

Ver 1.4.8.2

EDIT: Changing my email settings to php in BO seems to have solved the issue with stock in sending mails. They get sent out now. Must have been an issue with my smtp settings I guess. Not sure what as I was getting other emails. but, it works...

Not sure why the email addresses were not being put in database, but seems fine now.

Edited by merlin-1 (see edit history)