PeteAH

Integrate jQuery Calendar into Product Page

I run a tourism website where i sell day-tours of a number of countries.

I need to add a calendar to the product page so the customer can specify which date they want to take the tour and then have that date displayed on order confirmation page, and all documentation, and also highlighted to me.

I've found a nice jQuery calendar here: http://jqueryui.com/demos/datepicker/

I've been trying to integrate it into a module but i'm unsure how to integrate it correctly, i've been following a few tutorials (such as this one ) but i'm a tad lost.

Can anyone advise what i need to do?

What files need edited etc to achieve what i want and then i think i can go from there.

Also any advice on how to integrate jquery into a module!

I really want to do this myself to get my head around module creation rather than pay someone else to do it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am working on a similar task you need to integrate a calendar booking system into the shop. It's not easy and will require manual coding in areas of the shop so that the calendar displays for customers. I did see a Rental module in the Add-ons store however it does not work for what I am needing it may for you.

You might be able to find a developer in the forum who has some free time to create a module but you'll have to pay for the service try posting in paid services listing for a developer you may get lucky and find the help you need there. When I am done with my project if you still need help PM me and I'll see if I can lend a hand to you.

nrgytrading- What do you need the calendar to do?