Become a PrestaShop Translation Contributor!

As PrestaShop's influence continues to grow around the world, we must continue to improve our offerings in various languages. We are now looking for an agency or individual to help us translate new pages and features from French to English.

If you are interested, please post here with some information about your background, and we will move forward from there!

Thanks,

Mike and the PrestaShop team

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

At first, I apologize if my English is bad

I've translated the 85% into Arabic from the administration panel, and from the user interface has been translated 100% in PrestaShop v1.4.8

And I also have the addition of Arabic as an option to install from the Available Options

I, as well as you add all the translations of Arabic Language to databases

Such as adding the names of the provinces and translation tabs

And all that would make the installation in Arabic such as installation in any language within the existing Script

Is it possible after the completion of work on the translation. That these amendments are added within the development on Script

Even be available to the user the Arab free

installation

97622240.png

The front office

80660228.png

Back office

28725130.png

Edited by atefatwan (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Hi! I can translate from English to Slovenian (Slovene, SI) language. I've been working as a copywriter (I own 8 websites in Slovenian language and have written for more than 150 websites in English language so far) and website editor for the last couple of years.

• Like 1

As PrestaShop's influence continues to grow around the world, we must continue to improve our offerings in various languages. We are now looking for an agency or individual to help us translate new pages and features from French to English.

If you are interested, please post here with some information about your background, and we will move forward from there!

Thanks,

Mike and the PrestaShop team

Happy to help with translation to Hebrew. LTR>>RTL

Regards

Golandigitalmarketing_org_il_hebrew_system.jpg

I can do English to Greek

Μπορούμε να κάνουμε μια ομάδα φανατικών prestaGRops!! Αν ενδιαφέρεσαι φίλε στείλε μου mail στο [email protected]. Γιατί στην Ελλάδα είμαστε πολύ πίσω στο ps, ενώ έχουμε μυαλά.. Πρέπει να τα εκμεταλλευτούμε..!

OK I got access to the translators' portal and I find it useful.

But can't we have access to some demo shop with all (or just our) languages activated to see how the changes we make are going together. Because sometimes I use different word or phrase if the whole sentence doesn't go right or the formatting of the page requires fewer characters, etc.???

When I translation is done on line-by-line basis without ability to see where and what you change it's slower and inevitably more errors occur.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now I can't export the language file from translate.prestashop.com. It gives me 404.

And also I got back to the emails I received when registering for translator and obviously I missed a mail from Patric Codron who shares with me Google Doc spreadsheet with the BG translation. Are the two (translate.prestashop.com and Google Doc) equal because I see some differences in the numbers of translated lines, etc.?

Today it's OK... Doesn't give me 404

Edited by the.rampage.rado (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to spend a momment to say thank you for helping translate PrestaShop in your home country mother tongue!

I love so many thing about PrestaShop, and in the forefront really comes the fact that we have the coolest community from all over the world!

Thank you for all your translations!

Matt

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to clean up a bit Italian translation. There are a lot of little typos and mistakes. Also, there's an incongruence with formal and informal writing that needs to be leveled off.

But hey, I just submitted my info to the form and got no feedback from the returning page. Are you aware of this issue?

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I used Serbian translation packages which where around 77% translated. I will complete Serbian (Latin) translation in the next few days from the backend office and I will send the packages to you, not a problem.

Dean

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have done quite much corrections for Serbian (Latin) translation so I can export my language files and post them here if you like.

Main problem that I'm seeing when it comes to translation of e-commerce and other specific applications is the lack of context.

There are many business terms and terminology that cannot be translated literally, and that was the issue with the original Serbian (Latin) translation once I installed it.

Here is the simple example, and this is Serbian specific (might be for some other countries as well):

You can field or word "bill" which can be translated as "račun" in Serbian.

But, there are all kinds of bills in Serbia, like fiscal bill, cash account, invoices which are not essentially bills but people who are translating usually doesn't work with these things on everyday basis so they are translating what seem to be most convenient. 

Although this might be to detailed, details are what separates you and your business from competitors, so I put a lot of time in those details. Sometimes translations which are not in the context can totally confuse you especially if you are employee working in the back office.

Just my thoughts...
Cheers
Dean

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys,

First of all you have to craete account, As far as translation concern there are number of member mentoin their talent avove, its good to see that member want to do for prestaShop transalation. Can any one translate 2 or 3 differen languages ???? I think it would be good for prestaShop. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

realy?!!

all of your team not able to reply me?!!!

Please stop posting the same thing over and over again, it's annoying for the others who read this topic to stay updated about the topic subject.

If you have a personal grievance with one or more of the forum moderators, you should use the Private Message system to contact them.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Actually, the translations page will be removed because we are moving translations to the Official PrestaShop Translations Repository on Crowdin here, https://crowdin.net/project/prestashop-official

All contributions will be linked to your Crowdin account so that there will be no more confusion. 

Thank you for helping PrestaShop translations in your language 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike!

I can do Romanian. I`ve translated FO and BO 100% in romanian on my website, and about 50% of the modules installed on my shop. Everything from invoice and mail template are done. Still working on the rest :)

Cheers. If any of you guys need romanian translation of FO and/or BO, let me know.

Edited by Bubiko (see edit history)

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...