How to Add a Featured Product

Just starting out with Prestashop here...I downloaded one of the free themes, the Prestashop black and white I believe it is called. After making a few modifications, I see it allows featured products at the centre of my shop, but I cannot find anywhere in my Back Office to add a featured product! I'm sure it is obvious and I am missing this. I looked under the modules>positions area, as well as in the catalog area for adding new items.

Also, I just wanted to be sure that if I do decide to change my theme, I won't lose any of my catalog items or settings, most particularly my customized payment module! Thanks.

Kara

• 9 months later...

How about listing all featured products in the admin panel? Let's say, I added 50 products to be featured, and afterwards I want to check which are those products. It's extremely difficult to scan all products one by one to see whether they're featured or not. How to do it?

• Like 1

Well since typically only 4 or 8 products are listed in the Featured Products there would be no reason to list 50.

I do eight per month and this makes them easy to change.

However there is a list when you first click on Catalog in the BO at the bottom of the main page you will see a list of all products listed in the Home category these are the Featured Products.

• 3 months later...

maybe someone know how can I display featured products from category only in category of this product. For example: I've got book "Lord of the rings" and I want display it in featured book category and so on...

thanks for answers :)

• 1 year later...

Well since typically only 4 or 8 products are listed in the Featured Products there would be no reason to list 50.

I do eight per month and this makes them easy to change.

However there is a list when you first click on Catalog in the BO at the bottom of the main page you will see a list of all products listed in the Home category these are the Featured Products.

I honestly think that having a featured products page so when you click the short list more appearing would be very cool.. like a "See More Featured Products" button...