[SOLVED] Prestashop_new theme translation problem

Harko

Hey,

I have Ps 1.4.6.2 and using prestashop_new theme. All translations is ok except one tiny thing. Int he module blocknewproducts i translate En savoir plus to what i want to be shown but after saving the En savoir plus anyway is showen on the site. Any ideas what went wrong. All other poarts of this module are translated ok.

Hi Harko,

In themes/prestashop_new/modules/blocknewproducts/blocknewproducts.tpl please change

{l s='En savoir plus'}

to

{l s='Learn more'  mod='blocknewproducts'}

Please let me know if that works for you.

-Mike

Hi,

I did as you told but it doesn't solve that problem...

Hi Marko,

Did you already clear your smarty cache and enable Force Compile?

-Mike

After doing that i succeded. Thanks form help. I know now how to fix the statements that can't be translated. the issue everywhere is the missing mod='blockmodulename'

Thanks once more

Hi.

In the french translation, i have the same issue. some text is not translated in welcome page (currency, cart area, our stores, specials, viewed products, Welcome and Log in). thx if anyone can tell me how to do (and fix this before v1.5 is released)

Hi janfr,

There appear to be some issues with your translations. In your Back Office, please go to Tools > Translations > Module Translations, and there, you can manually change anything that isn't appearing properly. You can also do this with your Front Office and Back Office translations, as well as your Email Templates.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

I see topic is marked as solved but I encountered another place where i can't find what to fix to get content translated. In the prestashop_new theme in footer there is cointent called CATAGORIES. I can't get this one transdlated. Can you help please?

I see topic is marked as solved but I encountered another place where i can't find what to fix to get content translated. In the prestashop_new theme in footer there is cointent called CATAGORIES. I can't get this one transdlated. Can you help please?

I succeded. I think there was some cashing issue. I swith to another theme and then switched back. I still don't understant how the cashing work on ps

Hi Harko,

There are a couple different methods of clearing your cache. The simplest is to clear your browser cache. The location varies from browser to browser, but this is definitely the easiest method (although it won't resolve all issues).

In your Back Office, any time you're making changes, I would recommend that you go to Preferences > Performance and turn on Force Compile and turn off Cache to ensure that you are seeing the most up-to-date version of your website with any changes you're making.

And for the most thorough clearing of your cache, you'll need to access your site via FTP and delete everything EXCEPT index.php in the tools/smarty/cache and tools/smarty/compile directories.

I hope this helps.

-Mike

• 1 month later...