Hoodgrown

USPS module for PrestaShop

Unfortunately, the AJAX error popped back up in final testing. I'm a bit at a loss as to why it is happening right now, as it is very infrequent and seemingly random. Out of several hundred tests it's only popped up a few times. Very tough to find an answer to.

Others have started to report this problem, not using the USPS module, and a couple have some ideas. I'm trying to figure it out before I officially release the update on this forum.

Is this what is currently happening to my shopping cart? Did you get the error I sent to you? Keep me posted.

I tried this out yesterday. The install went fine, however when I went to work with the cart I found that products wouldn't show.

Version 1.2.0.8 - 0.279s

Steps:

+ add a product to cart
+ the marqueed product "moved" to the cart (you'd see the marquee but not the product moving) however cart module wouldn't update
+ mini-cart in the header updated with product count, however no products would show in cart.php

Oddly enough the system allowed me to process an order with zero items.

When I rolled back to the original cart.php the products I had added to the cart showed up.

Yes, that is the AJAX error. A simple solution is to disable the AJAX part of the cart on the modules page, though I understand that many people do not want to do that. I am working on this, but am not getting very far yet. This is extremely frustrating to me, as this error seems completely random and I cannot create a specific set of circumstances to get it to happen consistently. So far I'm at a loss as to exactly why this is happening, as this module only returns the same data that the default Presta shipping does.

kingsnake did you grab the version posted on this thread, as that is for 1.1, not 1.2. The 1.2 version is currently listed here. I have not officially posted it here, yet, because of the AJAX issue. I have a site that has been using it for several weeks without a problem, but it is happening elsewhere.

Ok, here is the new release of the USPS module for Prestashop. I apologize in advance for how in depth this module has become and will work to lighten the load for the next version. I've already found one way to start to do that, but it requires quite a few changes and since it's been a while since the last release, I'll save that for the next one.

USPS Module for Presta 1.1 and 1.2USPS Module V 0.3.1

This release adds a bunch of new functionality. You now have test mode inside Presta, a version for 1.2, carrier editing, selective carrier choosing based on products in cart, improved error handling and a bunch of other things. Also, it is still UPS compatible, even 1.2, so people who are looking to upgrade their UPS Module can do so with the files from the USPS module.

This release features two optional sub-modules. Box size measurement and machinable boxes. These use Prestashop's product features to allow you to get more accurate rates, if you want. They do require extra work on the shop owner's part, as if you want to measure packages, then you have to put the size of all your products into your store. Same for machinable, which is yes or no. There is an optional install button for each of these sub-modules and the store owner can turn them on or off in the modules settings.

Please note that the install instructions, changelog, user guide and FAQ's are all on my site now. It's becoming too much to edit on my site and 2 module versions, so it's easier and more accurate to keep them all in one place. I'm looking to make improvements to the user guide and the FAQ's, so if you have any ideas let me know.

Finally, I've gone through exhaustive efforts to eliminate the AJAX errors some have been experiencing. I've done a lot of testing, a lot, and really believe they have been dealt with.

If anyone wants to make a donation via paypal you can do so with purplecouch99@netzero.net. Thanks. Enjoy and let me know what you want to see in the next version.

Eg. - Quick Quote - The ability to split orders into smaller ones if need be - Stamps.com for postage printing - the Intl. Api - the ability to send normal letters - something I haven't listed. I want to provide what the users want, so your input is greatly appreciated.

AJ

If you can have the module calculate Priority international and First class domestic + international and I would donate $50 ASAP, and sings songs of your glory for eternity!

~Jason

Hi everyone,

I've installed the USPS module and I'm having some problems:

First, I'm using prestashop 1.1 with the UPS module currently enabled.

I installed the USPS module v0.3.2 according to the directions, but for some reason it is displaying shipping as "Free!" even though I do not have free shipping enabled.

EDIT (solved): Additionally, I have found that when I attempt to uninstall the USPS module, it completely kills my webshop front end, giving me the error: "Hack attempt: No default carrier". If I try to set UPS as the default carrier, it does not help. The only way I can fix this error is to restore my database from a previous backup.

I figured out the "Hack attempt: No default carrier" issue. Still wondering about the "Free!" shipping problem...

Any ideas?

theorie, all you have to do to fix that error (Hack Attempt) is clear your cookie. It happens when you have an active cart and edit your carriers. Presta assigns a new carrier id when you edit one, and the old one is stuck in your cookie/cart, so you get that error.

So, I take it you are not getting an error in checkout? Just the free shipping. First, are you in Test Mode? You will only get Free if you are in test, as that API does not return prices. Besides that, if you want to give me temp FTP/Presta access I'll be more than happy to fix it. It's tough to say if you aren't getting an error message exactly what it is. I have error messages set up for just about everything, so it's most likely somewhere in the shop setup.

While we here I might as well give an update. I now have the new version running with only one core file change (to add a new hook). So it will be much easier to install and maintain from now on. No more theme changes, smarty plugins, admin tabs, etc. Thank goodness and I'd imagine that the Presta team will add the hook to 1.3, so it will become a true module.

I'm currently working in split shipping if the cart has multiple items and is too heavy or big. This is actually harder than I thought and is requiring pretty much a complete re-write of the API, so it is taking a little time.

I've also lightened a lot of the database stuff and fixed some problems with caching, which vastly improve the performance of the module. I'm not quite sure when the next release will be, as I'm looking through docs and making sure I implement split packages in a good way.

Hi guys,

having a problem again. had to restore my prestashop database recently and somehow lost the settings in the USPS module.

i'm having trouble finding my user id number from usps. does anyone know where i need to look to find the user id number? does anyone have a link to the usps page with this info?

thanks

Ok, I have installed USPS API v0.3.2 on PrestaShop v1.2.4.
In the Modules section of the BackOffice I click on install for USPS v0.3.2 and then I click on configure.
On the next page the "Add a Shipping Method" box on the right side of the page is showing almost off of the page.

What file do I need to modify to correct this or does someone already have a fix to this and will share?

Dan Brouwers

Will PM artjunky to see if he has an idea how to fix my problem.

Dan Brouwers

Any news on when the next update for this module will be? Really need to be able to split shipping to avoid the 70lb limit.

Thanks

Dan,
I haven't heard of that problem, though I haven't used 1.2.4 yet, either. It sounds like something that could be fixed by adjusting some css, though.

Media,
I don't have a date for the next release. I'm kind of stuck on another project right now, not sure exactly when I'll get back to the USPS mod. A lot of the next release is done, but to do the split shipping requires almost a complete re-write of the module, so it's quite a bit of work. I already did most of it once and scrapped it because I didn't like it.

Thanks artjunky,

I will compare the layout of the html file and the css file for that page against the UPS page since they should be similar.
I will post my findings here as soon as it is fixed, in case if anybody else has the same problem.

Dan Brouwers

After all this time checking my files, I decided to try viewing that page in a FireFox Browser and all pages viewed perfectly.
So I believe that my problem is how IE8 reads that page.
I don't know if there is anything that I can do about that so I'm not going to worry about it.
Even though some of the text and boxes are almost off of the page, at least I can still see them.

Thanks, Dan Brouwers

I have to second , or third even , on the stamps.com or endicia.com flat rate solution module integration. Possible donation will be contributed as well.

I've looked through the stamps.com api and it really isn't possible for several reasons. It's a desktop windows program that requires activex. Someone dedicated could probably get it to work on a dedicated windows server, but integrating it into a program like Prestashop probably isn't possible. Not to mention their api does not work with php.

Not sure if anyone else uses lbs but I found a bug in the newest version.

uspsRate.php

Line 195: case 'lb':

Should be: case 'lbs':

Mustang97

lenserx, yes I went over endicia and it should be doable. I just don't know when I would get the time to do that in the near future.

Mustang, not a bug persay, I use it as lb. It works with lb, oz, g and kg.

I use Endicia for shipping for my business, Having that added would be GREAT!
Would be willing to pay bit to get the ball rolling ;o)

well seems this project was a bust but I see another company has this module done and I wanted to know who wanted to go in together to purchase it! Its only $100 so either say 10 folks at $10 or 4 at $25 . I figured we can just see how many we can get together on this and split it evenly. I think once we have ten people we can just go ahead and move forward. I am a one man show single dad broke new shop owner so i need every break I can get lol. I am going to post this in the forum and Ill post back on here the thread. im sure we can find ten folks who need / want this module:

http://www.presto-changeo.com/en/shipping-modules/61-usps.html

Because I will be purchasing the module if there are any issues for anyone contributing  I can relay those to the developers for answers. I will get everyone that is interested together and get a final count and then everyone can send the money via paypal and i will purchase the module and then send everyone the zip file. if your interested PM me on here.

Hello Everyone,

We are not sure if there is anyone still interested in a Stamps.com integration module, however, we have just released a module that enables you to generate Stamps.com shipping labels directly from your order's page.

Thank you,

Web VIZO