PrestShop 1.5 production ready release

i wiil try but in 1.5 have news theme whit RTL? and all fixed menu and all?

cuz in 1.4.7.3 the menu is error in explor so please fix it in 1.5 :)

and what you need me to translate i wiil see if i can

How soon to a release? Only small bugs left?

Hi,

You can test the 1.5.0.12 (SVN version) to see any bugs you might see and help the Presta Team ;)

You can download the last updated version all the days from the SVN if you want.

You don't have a complete package? Easier for me to install.

Since various files in the SVN is being constantly updated to reflect the latest improvements and fixes, we do not offer a zipped version. However, if you set it up using the instructions Carl provided above, you should be able to create your own zip file with the very latest changes each time.

-Mike

Here's one for the PrestaShop team :)

We're on the verge to switching our shops to PrestaShop. We've evaluated a number of ecommerce platforms (including Magento) and I must say that PrestaShop is the most complete package that I've come across. The multi store feature alongside the other v1.5 features (not to mention the existing out-of-box features such as automation and stats) is a clear shift of gear for the platform and I'm not at all hesitant to build multiple international stores and hopefully build and enterprise sized business based on PrestaShop. Really nice work, guys!

I do have a concern, though.

In order not to lose momentum, we need to familiarize ourselves with 1.5 and want to start building the multi store and add design(s), etc., now!

Initial to-do list looks like this:

1 - Add test catalog incl. categories, variants, attributes, etc.

2 - Add stores

3 - Design stores (some share design, some needs separate design)

Can we do this on 1.5.0.12 and upgrade to newer versions, ultimately upgrading to 1.5 stable upon it's release or should we use 1.4.8.2?

4 - Afterwards we need to restructure our entire existing catalog (extremely poor structure), integrate with Microsoft Dynamics NAV (2009) and get everything to play well together. We especially need to be able to create and feed products via PrestaShop to MS Dynamics NAV.

4.1 - Around the time of integration, hopefully RC is released - are there any webservice changes that we should be aware of? Any pitfalls or anything that should keep us from proceeding? We really don't want to ask someone to do the integration if documentation or webservice is incomplete.

Plan is to create a multi shop experience through sub domains (that, if needed at a later time, can be split into separate domains). We also have additional shops that will exist on separate domains, example

bigstore.com

shop.bigstore.com/brand-name-1

shop.bigstore.com/brand-name-2

dk.bigstore.com/brand-name-1

dk.bigstore.com/brand-name-2

(look at shop.bestseller.com to get an idea of where we're going)

smallstore.dk

smallstore.se

smallstore.no

mediumstore.com

(all sharing the same catalog)

Hopefully the stable release will be made available late summer or early fall, so any overlooked issues are resolved before xmas mania begins ;)

I hope you'll be able to advise us on how to proceed.

Best regards,

Allan

Edited by allandk (see edit history)

please see here for starting :

http://www.prestasho.../fr/traductions

i hope that japanese translation could one day be available...

i couldn't choose prestashop for this only reason since 2 years for a few specific shops :(

Hi strapper,

All of our translations are community-generated. If you would like to have an improved Japanese translation available, you are more than welcome to submit your own files for us to integrate.

-Mike

• Like 1

Here's one for the PrestaShop team :)

We're on the verge to switching our shops to PrestaShop. We've evaluated a number of ecommerce platforms (including Magento) and I must say that PrestaShop is the most complete package that I've come across. The multi store feature alongside the other v1.5 features (not to mention the existing out-of-box features such as automation and stats) is a clear shift of gear for the platform and I'm not at all hesitant to build multiple international stores and hopefully build and enterprise sized business based on PrestaShop. Really nice work, guys!

I do have a concern, though.

In order not to lose momentum, we need to familiarize ourselves with 1.5 and want to start building the multi store and add design(s), etc., now!

Initial to-do list looks like this:

1 - Add test catalog incl. categories, variants, attributes, etc.

2 - Add stores

3 - Design stores (some share design, some needs separate design)

Can we do this on 1.5.0.12 and upgrade to newer versions, ultimately upgrading to 1.5 stable upon it's release or should we use 1.4.8.2?

4 - Afterwards we need to restructure our entire existing catalog (extremely poor structure), integrate with Microsoft Dynamics NAV (2009) and get everything to play well together. We especially need to be able to create and feed products via PrestaShop to MS Dynamics NAV.

4.1 - Around the time of integration, hopefully RC is released - are there any webservice changes that we should be aware of? Any pitfalls or anything that should keep us from proceeding? We really don't want to ask someone to do the integration if documentation or webservice is incomplete.

Plan is to create a multi shop experience through sub domains (that, if needed at a later time, can be split into separate domains). We also have additional shops that will exist on separate domains, example

bigstore.com

shop.bigstore.com/brand-name-1

shop.bigstore.com/brand-name-2

dk.bigstore.com/brand-name-1

dk.bigstore.com/brand-name-2

(look at shop.bestseller.com to get an idea of where we're going)

smallstore.dk

smallstore.se

smallstore.no

mediumstore.com

(all sharing the same catalog)

Hopefully the stable release will be made available late summer or early fall, so any overlooked issues are resolved before xmas mania begins ;)

I hope you'll be able to advise us on how to proceed.

Best regards,

Allan

Is it too difficult to answer this? ;)

Hi Allandk,

If you plan to do multishop you should definitely use the 1.5 version and not the 1.4.8.2.

About using 1.5.0.12, I would advise you to wait for the RC version as it will be easier to upgrade from RC to Final.

About webservice, at this stage of development there are no changes planned.

Hi Allandk,

If you plan to do multishop you should definitely use the 1.5 version and not the 1.4.8.2.

About using 1.5.0.12, I would advise you to wait for the RC version as it will be easier to upgrade from RC to Final.

About webservice, at this stage of development there are no changes planned.

Hi Carl and thanks for the reply. :)Any thoughts on when RC might be available?

We are doing minor testing, but will start accellerating over the coming weeks. To begin with, we'll mainly concentrate on design and product catalog. After that, we'll move on to actually testing/setting up multi-store.

...do you regard this as a bad idea using 1.5.0.12?

Good to hear about the unchanged webservices. That means that we can test that as well.

*bump*

Edited by allandk (see edit history)

Hi strapper,

All of our translations are community-generated. If you would like to have an improved Japanese translation available, you are more than welcome to submit your own files for us to integrate.

-Mike

hello,

i would really love to contribute this translation... if only i wrote current japanese :(

i doubt i could contribute a serious translation with google translate or bing translate halas

or would it be accepted as a first start ?

hello,

i would really love to contribute this translation... if only i wrote current japanese :(

i doubt i could contribute a serious translation with google translate or bing translate halas

or would it be accepted as a first start ?

Unfortunately, we would prefer fluent translations because our users rely on this for their business.

-Mike

• 3 months later...

They want to release the stable release for the e-commerce show in France (18 september)

Death march!

As I can see, the 1.5 version has been started since November 23, 2011, almost a year ago...

Lots of work done, I sure, but unfortunately 1.5 still unstable.

Anyway the team can show PS1.5, so I say "Good Luck" and my best regards.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The upgrade procedure is very tricky from 1.4.9 to 1.5.17. I had to upgrade my shop manually from 1.4.9 to 1.5.17 as the direct upgrade was not working properly. After a struggle of 1 week I am back on track..

If you have a shop planned to release in 2-3 months I will say go for 1.5 right now as it has some very good features which are definitely delight for an online shop. The updates are still coming and will continue to come so I feel that by time you are ready for production the major problems will be resolved by then. It will be easier to merge the code diffs in 1.5.x branches rather than modifying everything from 1.4.x shop for 1.5.x later.

The only problem I see currently is the support of existing modules on 1.5.x