PrestShop 1.5 production ready release

Dear PrestaShop Team,

We have a bunch of prospects and current clients who need multisite functionality a lot, and who currently choosing between Magento and PrestShop weighting pros and contras.Having reviewed PreastShop 1.5 beta code and feel it has huge potential on this.

When do you feel it realistically be possible to release v 1.5 production ready?

Such realistic estimate will help a lot to manage our client's expectations, thanks!

• Like 1

Hi 4ps, I'm in same situation. The potencial is great. After seting up adedicated PS optimized server I managed to rise the speed of PS. It's very good system, I hope to be able to contribute with our custom modules and sugestions.

Right now we are asking clients to hold until this summer before we can offer them help setting up and customization of prestashop 1.5 I will set up the first pilot project shop as soon the RC1 is ready. I hope it will be in february. Maybe to optimistic :)

Hello Indus,

because we took a lot of time to work on ergonomy and to fix all bugs. PrestaShop 1.5 include a lot of changes that were very complex to develop, for example : multishop, multishipping, advanced stock management, new theme in BO (we moved all the HTML in ~100 controllers into smarty templates), etc..

Hey Folks,

do you think it is possible, to integrate some needed features for the german-market, so that PrestaShop 1.5.x is secure for the german law?

- The customer must be able to delete his shop-account by itself with a "Delete my Account" link?

- At the very last page, before order/checkout, there must be a summary with all ordered products, shipping partner and costs, end prices without and with tax....

- New customers must be forced to accept the "terms of privacy".

- There must be "basic units" for every product, measured in kg, g, l, etc.

If this would be possible, I would be very happy.

Best regards,

Matthias

we hope to release the first RC during during half or late february.

Did you discover too many bugs?

I remember that in late October release schedule for RC1 was changed from November to Jan-end. Now it's being postponed again...you must be having serious issues...

- There must be "basic units" for every product, measured in kg, g, l, etc.

This is already in 1.4, no?

- The customer must be able to delete his shop-account by itself with a "Delete my Account" link?

- At the very last page, before order/checkout, there must be a summary with all ordered products, shipping partner and costs, end prices without and with tax....

- New customers must be forced to accept the "terms of privacy".

It should be available as modules to download to make PrestaShop compatible with German market.

Why release as modules? These are core features. While German law requires them, these should really be in every shop everywhere.

Did you discover too many bugs?

I remember that in late October release schedule for RC1 was changed from November to Jan-end. Now it's being postponed again...you must be having serious issues...

Hi OC2PS,

There are no serious issues.

The developers agreed to delay it for a couple of weeks so they can deliver a better RC.

It is the “normal” life of software development. We try to stick to the schedule as much as we can, but it must not prevent us from delivering a better product.

So, is it better to deliver it at all cost at the planned date or to wait a couple of weeks more to deliver what we consider a good RC?

Why release as modules? These are core features. While German law requires them, these should really be in every shop everywhere.

Because it was not possible to include into the core all the specificities of every countries.

There are no serious issues.

That's good to hear.

So, is it better to deliver it at all cost at the planned date or to wait a couple of weeks more to deliver what we consider a good RC?

That's not a relevant question. You already deviated from the schedule when you postponed for 2 months in October. So I don't think anyone is advocating delivery on time AT ALL COST.

As for whether it's better to wait for product to be better or to deliver anyway, I think it's a balance. You can keep working on the product forever and still have scope for improvement. It's important to stick with a pre-detemined roadmap, and not succumb to feature or scope creeps which often delay projects. Bug quashing on the other hand should usually take priority over timelines, though trivial bugs can be allowed in general releases and fixed later.

I'm not saying that you are not doing the right things already...just laying down what my project management philosophy is.

Because it was not possible to include into the core all the specificities of every countries.

I understand that principle.

What I was objecting to was the handling of this specific case. While the requester has said these are required by law in Germany, the fact is that almost all, if not all, shops need these features.

Yes we had to reschedule 1.5 in October. But so far we have stuck quite closely to the delivery time and delivered not a so bad beta. ;)

I agree it should not become forever improvement; there is a time where you must stop and release.

The delay is not to include new features, but to fix the remaining issues in order to have a stable RC.

Thanks a lot for your informations.

In 1.4 I've coded some things and installed some things via module, to make PrestaShop ready for the german market.

But I think it would be great, if PrestaShop 1.5 comes with these "features" out of the box, or at least as module.

And I agree with OC2PS , I think these are core features, which would be advantages for every country, because they are customer-friendly.

I'm glad, that you will embrace these things an implement it for 1.5!

Looking forward for the 1.5 release with best regards

Matthias

Hello developers,

We are looking forward to version 1.5, although we can not schedule the update of our store does not have a specific date. We now use the 1.2.3, it is better to upgrade now to 1.4.6, or wait for 1.5? Thank you very much.

One additional question to PrestaShop Team,

how deep you feel architecture changed from 1.4.x to 1.5.x in terms of existing 1.4.x modules compatibility, will 1.4.x modules work on 1.5.x or some modules code tuning should be expected?

Hi silithium,

It is planned. It should be available as modules to download to make PrestaShop compatible with German market.

As soon as I have more information about it, be assured that I will post it.

There is same needs for Swedish and polish markets. Those are very handy features for all users and markerts. I see forward a module for this. Will be glad to help.

• 3 weeks later...

Dear developpers

Will the 1.5 version include the Ebay module for other EU countries or still be limited to France?

Would be great to know. What about the 1.4 Design templates, I want to buy one but if they are not compatible with 1.5 version just buying a template for a couple of months makes no sense.

Many thanks in advance for your answer

Oh yes, tomm is the last day of february... when is it gonna be ready for business? thank you

Like developers team say, is much better release a good and stable version than an unstable version, most users only will be criticizing the work.

Hi,

I have been tested the last 1.5 beta and looks really nice. Good Job!

I have a few questions about it that I would be glad if you can answer:

1. What is the template compatibility to 1.4.6 or 1.4.7? If templates are not 100% compatible, can you publish a template update guide?

2. And what about modules? Are you planning a module update guide and/or a new module programming guide?

3. February is gone and as many here, I'm also looking for the RC and/or final release date.

Do you have any realistic date?

Please note that sometimes not only the code is important also the ability to get on time.

Please, please please consider if you can delay some less important bugs or performance issues for your next patch 1.5.1 and not to delay all the businesses out there. :unsure:

Thanks and keep the good job!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey developers, thanks for keeping us up to date, even if it's delay delay, I get that this stuff doesn't go down on the timelines we expect. And the fact that people complain about free software, uhh, doesn't make sense. I <3 prestashop and catn't wait til 1.5 comes out!! (whenever that is...)

Hey developers, thanks for keeping us up to date, even if it's delay delay, I get that this stuff doesn't go down on the timelines we expect. And the fact that people complain about free software, uhh, doesn't make sense. I <3 prestashop and catn't wait til 1.5 comes out!! (whenever that is...)

Myself and others such as OC2PS aren't complaining at all. It's just at one point the RC was meant to be last year, and Jan, then Feb and we're now mid way into March.

I have no problem if Prestashop 1.5 takes another 6 months to be released, but I'd like a more accurate estimate as I have clients asking about these new features, and I can't give them a proper answer or recommendation.

For instance, I nearly recommended a client to 'wait for Prestashop 1.5' back in November.. that store is now online and doing good sales. Sales which which obviously would have been lost.

Keep up the great work Prestashop, but if you even said 'don't expect anything until July to be safe' that'd be really helpful.

Thanks,

Mark

Dear All,

being software developer I can completely understand the level of effort needed to stabilize such piece of code as prestashop v1.5 has, provided that I assume scope is not frozen and as far as I understand some new features are added and some are modified on the fly.

I personally think main intrigue is whether we will see v1.5 RC at BaseCamp 5 in a few days or not, let's just wait for several days ;)

The thing is, at a step you need to stop adding features, and correct all bugs, or this will never end.

It seems that some of the code refactoring (multi store, remove globals, controllers...) was clearly scoped, but some other things have appeared lately. Do we know where we are going ?

At least no work seems to be done on my feature requests on JIRA... Is this a good sign ?

Has anyone in this thread actually tried V1.5X ?

It is going to be great but it is NOT ready and is mostly broken. The language feature doesn’t work. It only works on the home page, but not from any other page. You can't apply a theme to it or it will break. Only the default theme will work. There is a big problem with the CMS module. This is Alfa code at best. It will be months before this thing is ready.

Has anyone in this thread actually tried V1.5X ?

It is going to be great but it is NOT ready and is mostly broken. The language feature doesn’t work. It only works on the home page, but not from any other page. You can't apply a theme to it or it will break. Only the default theme will work. There is a big problem with the CMS module. This is Alfa code at best. It will be months before this thing is ready.

Not since x.x.3, this is disappointing though, and I guess I'll carry on with 1.4 if 1.5 isn't anywhere close.

I've been holding off projects, such as creating a Prestashop Theme Boilerplate for developers as it'd be a waste of time focusing on 1.4 with 1.5 so close. If this isn't the case I'll just get started.

I have the SVN version, I strongly recommend to use it instead of the betas released. It's moving everyday.

bdalton > Strange, I often criticize PS but I wouldn't say that. There is really an effort to make the quality of the code better. But I agree there is a little feeling of anarchy in the refactorings. Obviously removing constants and using the Context class everywhere takes time.

I haven't tested the 1.5 fully, I mainly focused on the features I'm interested in, like catalog/cart price rules, and it's a pleasure to configure a rule and see it applied. I opened several issues on the subject :

- http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSFV-679

- http://forge.prestashop.com/browse/PSFV-599

Really, the way to go is to concentrate on the features you use/will be using and tracking their bugs.

What sometimes is frustrating is seeing all the things that need to be done and not being able to submit patches.

I could make a bunch of changes and send them a ZIP, but this is not reliable.

We can only submit patches on the forge, sometimes they take a week to be assigned.

If they are facing a big coding effort then they should let us help them.

Maybe it's time to put the code on GitHub.

Mark > Feeling the same, I'm still wondering how much time it will take for most users to move to 1.5.

I think 1.4 will be there for a long time.

I love version 1.5, it is going to help a lot of people. I'm an end user but I also appreciate the potential eco system that will grow with this release. I've seen some of the cool jquery based tools that are out there but not yet released. For example tools for taking the checkout experience to a new level far beyond simple one page checkout. BO tools that will help a shop owner manage a 100 plus orders per day.

But these tools do not need V.1.5, they just need Ajax.

I update by SVN daily, and currently the emperor has no clothes. PrestaShop currently at V1.5.0.9 is far, very far, from any practical release date. Maybe a Beta 4 release later this year.

That's just my guess from using the software. In fact I would be using this software live if I could even have a few features that worked. But not even the basic features are working as yet. I just hope good products that we could all make use of now are not being delayed because of the false belief that the release of V1.5 is "just around the corner". That is not going to happen anytime soon.

Yep, it seems that only developers are waiting for the 1.5 version.

Looking at the website they are not communicating so much about the new version, there is merely this page which hasn't moved for a while : http://www.prestashop.com/fr/milestones-1-5

Maybe the next version is not really their priority...

Maybe instead of organizing things in New york or whatever, they should hack all night to release this long waited version.

Come on !

I found this thread because I need to setup a new shop this week, but I guess I'm going 1.4, since 1.5 seems not to come anyday soon.

I do however support the team on this, although it sucks that we have to wait this long, I'd rather have a bug free shop later then a unfinished product right now.

Anyone seconds me if I open a thread about putting the code on GitHub ? :ph34r:

I'd be 100% behind this, but as you say it'll never happen. I can't see why not though as it makes a lot of sense.

On this blog, the guy says there is still a few months of work on 1.5

This sort of information, if true, should be on the Prestashop blog or at the very least a sticky in this forum. Unfortunately I don't have the time or the income to fly across the Atlantic for Barcamp unfortunately, and I can't be the only one.

I'd really love to hear someone come out on the forum and manage our expectations a bit. There's been several projected release dates that have come and gone.

If there's problems, or a lot of unforseen work I'd really like it if they just said we don't know when it'll be done. That would be so very useful for lots of us. I feel the misinformation is making a lot of people think they'll 'believe it when they see it'.

I really hope Prestashop call time on adding new features. Don't fall victim to just one more thin, and get all the current features bug free. Release that, and then go back to new features on a further release otherwise the cycle is endless.

Hey!

I'm eagerly awaiting 1.5 myself. Yes, I get frustrated waiting as well. However, having developed software, and realising how difficult it is to design a system as complex as prestashop, which also has to work on the public web, and knowing I'm getting to use the system for free, I feel that the developers don't deserve the level of 'hassle' they're getting.

I see some people run upwards of a hundred stores - wow, pretty cool. Wonder what you'd have to pay to run a commercial ecommerce solution for that? :) And, well we can charge our clients a reasonable rate to implement ecommerce precisely because we don't have licensing fees to pay for the system! Win-Win for us I think.

The problem with any software system is that there will inevitably be delays in development. In reality, Prestashop can't win - because if they release a buggy system, then there'll be a lot of support requests and moans about that.

So, what the hell? ... you want predictability for your clients - then pay for a commercial closed source solution. But I can guarantee you from experience, that unless the system has everything you need already (and what system actually does?) you won't fare much better than you are with Prestashop!

Roll on 1.5.

BTW any chance of a product bundle which doesn't require a fixed price, but rather works on the basis of adding the price of the individual products in the bundle if so desired? The commercial addons aren't that great!

Thanks,

A

• Like 1

Ameagher, I have to be clear, I think I can speak for everyone when I say we're all very grateful to Prestashop for their software, and as many of us are developers ourselves outside of using Prestashop too we understand that deadlines can be missed, problems can appear etc etc.

The issue is that there was official posts about a release in September, so people held off things from August because of this. That came and went, the same happened in December, then January and then February.

This wasn't 'the community' assuming that 1.5 would be with us at these points, the Prestashop team had stated it would be.

No-one expects Prestashop to release something buggy to hit the deadline, and I don't think we're hassling them either. It would just be nice to get an official 'we ran into problem x and so we've had to hold off on releasing'. Unfortunately this never happens, and we're left guessing and speculating.

Come on !

We're not talking about a crew of hairy guys providing a free software as a part time job, we're talking about a company that pays developers to provide free software. That makes a big difference !

A company has schedules, plannings...

Even if you use some extreme programming sofware development techniques, you have schedules.

Of course you can be late, and even paid closed source software can be late ! Paying makes no difference.

You can pay for a lada, and have a rolls-royce for free...

Why would I choose a paid software, when the two leading e-commerce softwares are open source ?

But you always have to explain why you are late.

Are we hassling the developers, or are we, as the community, just claiming more information ?

• Like 1

Hi Mark,

I understand what you are saying! However, I've actively used Open Source software since the early 90s!

The reason that Open Source has actually taken off from an end user (and developer) perspective is that commercial companies have embraced the model. The problem is, that developing software is not like building a house or a road (not the best examples). In these cases we have a plan, know what materials we require, labour needs and our budget. It's actaully easy to plan for these types of projects - there are precise tools to measure and estimate which have evolved for many hundreds of years, and yet even these types of project run over cost and take longer to complete.

Software is just not predictable. I know because I've worked teaching and building systems in the past. It is just not possible (especially with systems like prestashop and try Magento!) to give precise dates! An example - I first implemented Moodle (an elearning system in 2003/4). A well-funded and well run Open source project. One of the features we (and many, many others) needed then only became available late last year. This was not because of laxness on behalf of the developers, but because some of the features are extremely complex to implement bug-free, especially when interaction with other parts of the system are taken into consideration.

Whilst it is all good that people want to contribute code and fixes, well managed projects attempt to implement quality control - which encapsulates security and coding practices specific to the project. Not all coders code to the same standard, due to their knowledge, experience and interest. The last point - 'interest' is actually important - how often have any of us hacked a fix for a project to get it out to a clients spec, only to have to fix it up some years later when a server or site is upgraded, and not remember why we did what we did (yeh, I know about version control, documentation and backups, but it's the real world and many small businesses won't pay for regular updates!)? Not best practice, but often reality. Now think of a system like Prestashop which is complex and evolving - who's going to maintain the patches going forward?

The other issue is peoples expectations. I find it irksome in the extreme that people expect so much for 'free'. Consider what you are getting and the cost of employing developers. Also, you'd be surprised at the effort involved in running a growing software company!

There are many other open source ecommerce systems to choose from. I suspect most people using Prestashop have come here from bad experiences elsewhere. However, most of these also have delays, bad communication, and large bug fix lists for each release(look at the changlog for Magento to see what I mean!). For an even more fun experience, try running Magento on the same spec server as you can get away with in Prestashop :))

Anyway, I know that was a bit of a rant :( Communication with a community is a delicate and often thorny issue - it's actually impossible to get right!

Best advice (from hard learned experience) for anyone using an Open Source project (or indeed any other software) is to use/offer only what is available, and use/offer new features only as they become available. That way there is nobody feeling let down and the development team don't feel like pariahs! Besides which, we don't really have the right to expect anything without paying or contributing in some way.

Most projects would be best to say nothing about releases until they're ready!

I guess the problem with what Mark said in his last paragraph, is that there are more problem x's than expected! I've been there, so I know! One thing works, changes are made and suddenly lots of things don't work, or some planned functionality runs behind schedule. It really is that messy.

But hey, it's the real world.

I have made all of these points on various os projects in the past.

A

• Like 1

Prestashop Team !!!

Please tell us when you are going to release 1.5 final.

It is really the worst thing we are facing here.

How can you guys be so arrogant by not replying us the actual schedule for release.

Hundreds of member are waiting for your one positive reply.

Whats wrong with you people.

Prestashop Team !!!

Please tell us when you are going to release 1.5 final.

It is really the worst thing we are facing here.

How can you guys be so arrogant by not replying us the actual schedule for release.

Hundreds of member are waiting for your one positive reply.

Whats wrong with you people.

Don't post the same thing in all topics guy...

• Like 1

Besides which, we don't really have the right to expect anything without paying or contributing in some way.

I have opened tens of tickets in the forge, they aren't even assigned a developer.

I would like to contribute, but the SVN is closed to committers.

How can we help then ? By submitting patches attached as ZIP files ? Is this a reliable cooperative way to work ?

If the code repository would be open to (at least) some selected committers, the project could go way faster.

Whilst it is all good that people want to contribute code and fixes, well managed projects attempt to implement quality control - which encapsulates security and coding practices specific to the project.

Have you looked at PrestaShop code ? It's very heterogeneous...

There are lots of different "coding styles", one time the same thing is managed via an array, sometimes with an object...

There are no coding standards. Fortunately, the 1.5 seems to follow some conventions...

I hear what you say and of course your arguments also make sense.

What is really frustrating now is that there are lots of issues in the 1.4, that are adressed in the 1.5.

I would have opened tens of tickets in the forge if 1.5 wasn't coming... If I open a ticket they will answer "this is fixed in 1.5".

I stopped working on my project as the 1.5 brings a more reliable MVC system.

Now I want a "good enough" release of the new version, with a frozen API, to start developing for it.

The other issue is peoples expectations.

Expectation management is one area where PrestaShop falls flat on its face.

I find it irksome in the extreme that people expect so much for 'free'. Consider what you are getting and the cost of employing developers.

Free is not what it used to be. We've been spoilt by Google, Facebook and WordPress. We have come to expect more.

The companies providing free products have their own business models. So they aren't doing the "customers" any favors. There are multiple free options. Many people come to Prestashop due to their bad experiences with other free options. By the same token, I'm sure lots of people have gone off from Prestashop to other options during the last several months.

Now I want a "good enough" release of the new version, with a frozen API, to start developing for it.

Exactly this, I couldn't agree more... and before its mentioned, "good enough' doesn't mean buggy/rushed.

I think its time for a feature freeze if new features as suggested are still being added to the SVN. Fix whats currently there, and save the new features for the following minor releases.

Thats good to know, but has it happened? I remember a post recently (can't find it) where someone was mentioning new features very recently being implemented.

I'm glad you quoted that Matt Mullenweg post though. I posted the same thing in the recent poll about release cycles, and not falling into a trap of 'just one more thing' is something I try not to do with my own websites/projects.

It just feels like this might be the case here.

Hi everyone,

I have some news about this expected 1.5 version.

As you may have seen in the latest beta or on the SVN for the more adventurous, many progresses have been made on the 1.5.

Yet, after a big discussion between the developers it has been decided that the current SVN version could not yet be qualified as an RC version.

As we have always said, we prefer to delay the release instead of delivering a version below your and our expectations.

In the incoming days you should have a new beta version with all the latest improvements found in the SVN. It would be a good way for you to check the progresses made.

We will also determine how much work is still needed to finish the RC version and give you an estimated release date. (Expect 2 more months at least).

We want to thank you all for your patience and your feedback about this 1.5 and I want to assure you that we are working very hard to deliver a great RC version as fast as possible.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for the update Carl :)

We will also determine how much work is still needed to finish the RC version and give you an estimated release date. (Expect 2 more months at least).

It's good to have an official response, this gives me the green light to press on with my 1.4 based projects.

We want to thank you all for your patience and your feedback about this 1.5 and I want to assure you that we are working very hard to deliver a great RC version as fast as possible.

Your hard work is never in doubt ;) and is much appreciated by everyone I'm sure!

Thanks again,

Mark

Se-rious-ly ?

Please explain more WHAT are the problems faced that explain such a delay.

I just heard back from one of the developers Maxence DE FLOTTE - related to some of the bugs I reported for V1.5. As it turns out, all of what I thought was wrong with V1.5 was an error on my part. I did not know that the developer versions have line 28 in defines.inc.php set to true. After that is set to false, all the problems I had went away.

define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', false);

Also, in config.inc.php display errors and SQL debug are both on by default.

@ini_set('display_errors', 'off');

define('_PS_DEBUG_SQL_', false);

Bottom line … I was completely wrong about V1.5. I just didn’t know what I was doing.

I think its time for a feature freeze if new features as suggested are still being added to the SVN. Fix whats currently there, and save the new features for the following minor releases.

We've already done this. The feature list in 1.5 has been finalized, and there will not be any more additions. Right now, it's just a matter of making each and every one of those features the best they can be, so that we can give you the official release of 1.5 that our community truly deserves.

-Mike

Ok, now it's official, it's postponed... :(

I will use PrestaShop 1.5 because I can't wait that long and I need most of the new features (multiple suppliers + catalog/cart rules + layouts + ...) and making a backport would be useless.

I will fix by myself the bugs that affect those features and submit the patches.

BTW, I have read the OSL license (http://www.prestashop.com/en/osl-license) and from what I read anybody can do what he wants with the software :

Grant of Copyright License

Licensor grants You a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, sublicensable license, for the duration of the copyright, to do the following:

- to reproduce the Original Work in copies, either alone or as part of a collective work;

- to translate, adapt, alter, transform, modify, or arrange the Original Work, thereby creating derivative works ("Derivative Works") based upon the Original Work;

- to distribute or communicate copies of the Original Work and Derivative Works to the public, with the proviso that copies of Original Work or Derivative Works that You distribute or communicate shall be licensed under this Open Software License;

- to perform the Original Work publicly;

- to display the Original Work publicly

So it means anybody can distribute a clone of the SVN repository in GitHub ?

This would be way more constructive !

At least we can use Gists to submit patches, but a git mirror would be way more efficient.

I'm sure there is lots of people who have fixed bugs in their working copy, obviously if you expect us to test intensively the software, we will report a lot of bugs. Bugs take time to be assigned, can be duplicated and so on.

If we submit pull requests on GitHub, all you have to do is read the code, and merge the changes. I'm sure there are tools to synchronize GIt <=> SVN.

Provided we respect all of the clauses of the license about derivative work, is there anything in the OSL that is against having a mirror on GitHub ?

• Like 1

If you manage a mirror, how will you merge it with the official SVN and then official release ?

I have thinked about it and there is at least a simple solution that needs nothing special : you can have the same folder both under SVN and Git.

SVN stores data in a .svn folder in every subfolder. Git stores data in a .git folder at the root. Both don't know each other, so you can work in both directions. If you change

Community developer :

- Run a svn up to get the freshest version from PrestaShop. Maybe some files will be updated.

- Run a git status to check the changes and commit. At this step Git and SVN are aligned.

- Push the changes to the Git mirror.

PrestaShop developer :

- Run a git pull to get the latest community commits.

- Run a SVN status/diff to check the changes, make more changes... then commit in SVN.

- Git status + commit + push to update the git repo.

And so on...

EDIT : of course there should be forks and pull requests but I'm sure you understand the big picture. :)

Thanks for the update, Carl.

I guess I need to give CartPress and WooCommerce another/deeper look, after all.

Hi sQs,

Carl should be enough, do not listen to Raphael he is a Justin Bieber addict you cannot trust him ;).

Logically you should be able to use the RC in production.

Hahaha thanks for you reply, greathings.

Carl, we have a client that require multistore. We must have the site online by 31 august. My problem now is that I have a hard time to decide i we should trust your latest schedule, given the accuracy of your previous ones.

We have to settle on platform before the end of april. If 1.5 was available, we would go Prestashop. Now it leans towards Magento instead, since we can't afford the risk of being without a running platform come august.

Any reason I should reconsider?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

Thanks for your response! End of april is approximately when we have to decide on which platform to use. End of august is the planned release. So the issue is that we have to decide if we are confident in that there will be a stable 1.5 version by end of august. I have checked the SVN version and it's good enough to develop on, but it's not production ready.

Given the accuracy of previous release dates, I have a hard time trusting the schedule. No offense meant, since Prestashop is free, I have no reason to demand this or that. But for our own credibility towards our customers we have to know that we can deliver what we promise them.

• 3 weeks later...

left 2 Month No?

2 months from where ? do you have more informations about a so called release date ?

It is very disapointing to not being able to answer a customer who you told it will be soon available one year ago..

can the team give a date.. or you guys are still on the same blur time, so much foggy that you can't even see the goal yet ??

Hi Marek,

No precise date for now. We are still fixing bugs on 1.5. You will have to wait a bit more. As we say patience is a virtue ;).

We will give a clear date once we are 99% sure about it.

and have Hebrew?