PrestShop 1.5 production ready release - Ecommerce x PrestaShop [ARCHIVE BOARD] - PrestaShop

Photo

PrestShop 1.5 production ready release

4ps

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:43 AM

4ps

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 Active Posts
Dear PrestaShop Team,
We have a bunch of prospects and current clients who need multisite functionality a lot, and who currently choosing between Magento and PrestShop weighting pros and contras.Having reviewed PreastShop 1.5 beta code and feel it has huge potential on this.

When do you feel it realistically be possible to release v 1.5 production ready?

Such realistic estimate will help a lot to manage our client's expectations, thanks!

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:09 PM

Raphaël Malié

PrestArchitecte

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 Active Posts
Hello,
we hope to release the first RC during during half or late february. A RC is a version that you can use in production environement, even if it's better to wait for the stable ;)

Regards
Ex-PrestaShop Core Developer - CTO @ Tous Voisins http://www.tousvoisins.fr

Posted 31 January 2012 - 07:08 AM

indus

PrestaShop Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 Active Posts
I was wondering if we will get any point release for 1.4 with all these improvements. I dont intend to upgrade to 1.5 soon since i believe it will break my theme.

4ps

Posted 31 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

4ps

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 Active Posts
Hello Raphael, thanks for ball park prediction!

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:11 AM

Paul / 01media

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 Active Posts
Hi 4ps, I'm in same situation. The potencial is great. After seting up adedicated PS optimized server I managed to rise the speed of PS. It's very good system, I hope to be able to contribute with our custom modules and sugestions.

Right now we are asking clients to hold until this summer before we can offer them help setting up and customization of prestashop 1.5 I will set up the first pilot project shop as soon the RC1 is ready. I hope it will be in february. Maybe to optimistic :)

Posted 01 February 2012 - 08:15 AM

indus

PrestaShop Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 840 Active Posts
It was supposed to be december, then end of january, now they say its end of february. Why such delays?

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

Raphaël Malié

PrestArchitecte

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 800 Active Posts
Hello Indus,
because we took a lot of time to work on ergonomy and to fix all bugs. PrestaShop 1.5 include a lot of changes that were very complex to develop, for example : multishop, multishipping, advanced stock management, new theme in BO (we moved all the HTML in ~100 controllers into smarty templates), etc..
Ex-PrestaShop Core Developer - CTO @ Tous Voisins http://www.tousvoisins.fr

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:17 AM

Carl Favre

Community Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3929 Active Posts
Hi indus,

As Raphael said, because we prefer to release a good and stable product instead of rushing it.

So yes we delay it for a couple of weeks but I think it is for the best.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

silithium

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 Active Posts
Hey Folks,

do you think it is possible, to integrate some needed features for the german-market, so that PrestaShop 1.5.x is secure for the german law?

- The customer must be able to delete his shop-account by itself with a "Delete my Account" link?
- At the very last page, before order/checkout, there must be a summary with all ordered products, shipping partner and costs, end prices without and with tax....
- New customers must be forced to accept the "terms of privacy".
- There must be "basic units" for every product, measured in kg, g, l, etc.

If this would be possible, I would be very happy.

Best regards,
Matthias

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

Carl Favre

Community Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3929 Active Posts
Hi silithium,

It is planned. It should be available as modules to download to make PrestaShop compatible with German market.

As soon as I have more information about it, be assured that I will post it.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:36 PM

OC2PS

PrestaShop Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 Active Posts

we hope to release the first RC during during half or late february.

Did you discover too many bugs?

I remember that in late October release schedule for RC1 was changed from November to Jan-end. Now it's being postponed again...you must be having serious issues...

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:39 PM

OC2PS

PrestaShop Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 Active Posts

- There must be "basic units" for every product, measured in kg, g, l, etc.

This is already in 1.4, no?

- The customer must be able to delete his shop-account by itself with a "Delete my Account" link?
- At the very last page, before order/checkout, there must be a summary with all ordered products, shipping partner and costs, end prices without and with tax....
- New customers must be forced to accept the "terms of privacy".

It should be available as modules to download to make PrestaShop compatible with German market.

Why release as modules? These are core features. While German law requires them, these should really be in every shop everywhere.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:53 PM

Carl Favre

Community Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3929 Active Posts

Did you discover too many bugs?

I remember that in late October release schedule for RC1 was changed from November to Jan-end. Now it's being postponed again...you must be having serious issues...

Hi OC2PS,

There are no serious issues.

The developers agreed to delay it for a couple of weeks so they can deliver a better RC.

It is the “normal” life of software development. We try to stick to the schedule as much as we can, but it must not prevent us from delivering a better product.

So, is it better to deliver it at all cost at the planned date or to wait a couple of weeks more to deliver what we consider a good RC?

Why release as modules? These are core features. While German law requires them, these should really be in every shop everywhere.

Because it was not possible to include into the core all the specificities of every countries.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:01 PM

OC2PS

PrestaShop Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 Active Posts

There are no serious issues.

That's good to hear.

So, is it better to deliver it at all cost at the planned date or to wait a couple of weeks more to deliver what we consider a good RC?

That's not a relevant question. You already deviated from the schedule when you postponed for 2 months in October. So I don't think anyone is advocating delivery on time AT ALL COST.

As for whether it's better to wait for product to be better or to deliver anyway, I think it's a balance. You can keep working on the product forever and still have scope for improvement. It's important to stick with a pre-detemined roadmap, and not succumb to feature or scope creeps which often delay projects. Bug quashing on the other hand should usually take priority over timelines, though trivial bugs can be allowed in general releases and fixed later.

I'm not saying that you are not doing the right things already...just laying down what my project management philosophy is.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

OC2PS

PrestaShop Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 Active Posts

Because it was not possible to include into the core all the specificities of every countries.

I understand that principle.

What I was objecting to was the handling of this specific case. While the requester has said these are required by law in Germany, the fact is that almost all, if not all, shops need these features.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

Carl Favre

Community Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3929 Active Posts
Yes we had to reschedule 1.5 in October. But so far we have stuck quite closely to the delivery time and delivered not a so bad beta. ;)

I agree it should not become forever improvement; there is a time where you must stop and release.

The delay is not to include new features, but to fix the remaining issues in order to have a stable RC.

Posted 01 February 2012 - 04:52 PM

OC2PS

PrestaShop Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 Active Posts
Great! Hopefully we'll see it soon.

Posted 02 February 2012 - 07:13 AM

silithium

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 Active Posts
Thanks a lot for your informations.

In 1.4 I've coded some things and installed some things via module, to make PrestaShop ready for the german market.

But I think it would be great, if PrestaShop 1.5 comes with these "features" out of the box, or at least as module.

And I agree with OC2PS , I think these are core features, which would be advantages for every country, because they are customer-friendly.

I'm glad, that you will embrace these things an implement it for 1.5!

Looking forward for the 1.5 release with best regards
Matthias

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:48 AM

MrBram

PrestaShop Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 Active Posts
Hello developers,
We are looking forward to version 1.5, although we can not schedule the update of our store does not have a specific date. We now use the 1.2.3, it is better to upgrade now to 1.4.6, or wait for 1.5? Thank you very much.
Vinilos Decorativos y FotoMurales - Adhesivos Personalizados e Impresiones Fotograficas en lienzo o vinilo.

4ps

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:22 AM

4ps

PrestaShop Newbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 Active Posts
One additional question to PrestaShop Team,
how deep you feel architecture changed from 1.4.x to 1.5.x in terms of existing 1.4.x modules compatibility, will 1.4.x modules work on 1.5.x or some modules code tuning should be expected?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to use our cookies.     Learn more