[SOLVED] Force refresh cache+cookie - User is seeing old prices

Carlsen

Hi,

I am having difficulties with my Prestashop. Visitors who have visited my site some weeks ago is now seeing prices without taxes. Users that clear their cache completely, or haven't visited some time ago is seeing the prices correctly.

My question is:

How do I force all users to clear their cache+cookies of the whole website if it is +7 days old??

I have tried:

• Clearing smarty and smarty v2 cache
  • Turned off cache
  • Had "force compile" on for a few days
  • Changed some of the product-overview URL's

Thanks.

SOLUTION:

I used this module to force a clearance of old cookies, this helped out:

http://www.presta-module.com/en/free-prestashop-modules/34-delete-customer-cookie.html

Preferences -> Performarnce. Set Cache to no, for compile to Yes. Refresh a couple of times and reset settings as they were. This should help.

It is strange that this does not help. Maybe you are using additional cache modules?

I have tried this, turned cache off both in top and bottom of settingspage. I have no problem viewing correct content, but on a few users browsers they see old content. According to my modules-page, I do not have additional cache modules installed, so yes, very strange..

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Hi Carlsen,

the module that you said to force the customer cookie to refresh, isn't available with the link posted. Could you send me the file or the link in other way?

I've the same problem!

Thanks and regards,
Carlo Iovino

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Even though this is a fairly old post (2012), we have now started to experiencing this too on 1.6.1.1 / 1.6.1.2.

When prices change etc, they do no not always update on FO unless you refresh browser for each page. 

The issues tend to accelerate when you log-in and log-out, if this result in different prices, as they will see a mix of the various prices unless refreshing each page.

• 5 months later...

I've the same problem!

Im use different countries with different tax. Sweden tax 25%, Norway tax 0% so when customer change to countries prices don't change. Needed refresh several times.

But when you add product cart show correct prices.

Prestashop ver. 1.6.1.4

Smarty (Force compilation) and cache turn off.

Somehow i have to forced clean browser cache when customer change to countries (language).

Any idea?

Thanks 

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Please could you help me, I have a great problem with the cache system I think on my website.
The website is called www.piesewabco.ro, it is not on cloud, but on a vps hosting, prestashop 1.6 This website has been launched some 2 months ago, everything was fine up to today. I tried to upload some new products, but I saw that when i change the price in the backoffice it is changed and it says it was ok saved, but in the frontend appears the old one.
I saw that if i change some settings regarding the cache system and then I delete manually the cache the price is changed with the real one.
But why do I have to manualy clear the cache?
ANd what's more important I can no longer upload photos. Every photo that I upload it is marked automatically with a question mark.
My settings are Force recompilation if updated templates, Cache on, type File system and it is activated Clear cache everytime something has been modified.
So what to do to work fine?

Thank you!

• 3 years later...