Category block - hover title displays category description instead of name

jeyjoo

Hi,

I run PS 1.4.6.2.

Problem: on hovering over the left column category block, the pop-up text displayed is the category description (which is often 400+ chars - too long). This should display the category name (which is just 20 chars or so). :angry:

Anyone know how to make this change?

Much appreciated.

Excuse the long link - site in development - http://it.jeyjoo.com/avc/prestashop/it/7-saponi-provenzali-naturali. The site is in Italian, but sure you can get the jist!

Hello!

You need to edit 'modules/blockcategories/category-tree-branch.tpl'. Change $node.desc to $node.name .

Don't forget to recompile the template. If you don't know how to do that, you can visit http://www.cartexper...tricks-and-tips and check 'Prestashop tip of 15th November 2011'

Actually CE. that is exactly what I have done, with no luck. I have been editing the css and the tpl files in dreamweaver, with no problems. This particular file does not edit.

What do you mean by 'This particular file does not edit.' ?

My mistake - the file does "edit", but changes do not filter through to the site. I edited the template in Dreamweaver (like I have done with all other files). I changed $node.desc to $node.name several days ago, but the actual description is still provided on hover over.

Actually I just checked on ther server, and the title attribute is $node.name. Would this be a PHP issue?

Did you recompile the template? Did you turn off cache?

If yes, and changes still don't appear, you should check if the template is overriden or not.

Did you recompile the template? Did you turn off cache?

If yes, and changes still don't appear, you should check if the template is overriden or not.

Ok so if I turned off cache problem gone... was it just a cache issue then?

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried deleting the cached files?

Hello, same problem if i reenable cache, the problem is back. Deleted tools/smarty/cache and delete all, this does'nt solve the problem.

I have enabled HTML (see link) in category description and on hover have something like this <p><strong>bla <strong> <br> bla bla.....<>

Now i have disabled cache. Have no other solution

Celaning cache doesn't help. See here (you haven't visited my site so you don't have chache, but you will see html elements when hover categories)

Just visited your site @Kambinator (for the first time) and see your problem too. If I hover over "Terminale de inventariere," I get a pile of HTML code pop up. This seems a different coding issue though. My problem is that it does not show the "name", but incorrectly displays the meta tag "description". Why would you have HTML in your descirption tag?

Sorry, was looking at the wrong place.

Your category-tree-branch.tpl is ok, so it should be ok.

Are you sure the right file is used and is not overriden?

I got similar prolem. Disappears if I remove cache, but immediately comes back. It is continually reading my meta description rather than meta name.

• 2 weeks later...

Please, what's the solution this problem? I have this same problem, tried all and problem is still here :blink:

EDIt:

Problem solved :))

I give this: " title="{$node.desc|strip_tags:false|escape:html:'UTF-8'}" " into category-tree-branch.tpl

and still same problem. Then I manually delete via FTP all inside tools/smarty/ cache and compile :))

All is OK :)

Edited by vasekcekal (see edit history)

• 7 months later...

Tested on Prestashop 1.4

I reply to this topic becouse i wasn't able to solve this problem and now i found how to do this:

I was tryng to change the category-tree-branch.tpl of my theme, but I was wrong becouse I have to change the category-tree-branch.tpl of the modules/blockcategory.

So:

1) From BO->Preferences deactivate the shop

2) From BO->Preferences->Performance deactivate all the caches and compile

3) Delete all the files in tools/smarty/ cache and compile

4) Change mytheme/category-tree-branch.tpl and modules/blockcategory/category-tree-branch.tpl as you wish. (For example title="{$node.name|escape:html:'UTF-8'}" instead of title="{$node.desc|escape:html:'UTF-8'}").

5) Delete browser cache

6) Open your shop on browser

7) Deactivate compile, reactive all the caches, active shop

Now all works right

Edited by ToXxX (see edit history)

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...