Hello,

I am trying to export a theme I have created. Using "themeinstallator" module to export the theme, generates the zip and then I imported in a new Prestashop and worked fine.

I need to modify the config.xml in order to enable and disable modules. The problem I have is when I create the new zip and use the "themeinstallator" module to import it in a new Prestashop it gives me the "Bad configuration file".

So maybe I did something wrong with the xml!

But no, to do a test, I simply un-zip the downloaded exported theme and zip it again (used mac unarchiver and with Windows winRar) and I get again the same "Bad configuration file".

Can anyone can tell me how to modify the XML to enable and disable modules and to send configurations?

Thank you!

Hello,

I am trying to export a theme I have created. Using "themeinstallator" module to export the theme, generates the zip and then I imported in a new Prestashop and worked fine.

I need to modify the config.xml in order to enable and disable modules. The problem I have is when I create the new zip and use the "themeinstallator" module to import it in a new Prestashop it gives me the "Bad configuration file".

So maybe I did something wrong with the xml!

But no, to do a test, I simply un-zip the downloaded exported theme and zip it again (used mac unarchiver and with Windows winRar) and I get again the same "Bad configuration file".

Can anyone can tell me how to modify the XML to enable and disable modules and to send configurations?

Thank you!

Please!

Can anyone help telling me how to create my own theme configuration XML?

THANKS!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

I hope this isn't too little too late, but I only started using Prestashop yesterday, and instantly had the same problem as you.

However, after a few issues, I found out how to manually install a template, which works perfectly:

1. Go to CPanel and open your file manager.

2. Open your public_html directory.

3. Open your themes folder.

4. Upload new theme in zipped folder.

5. Extract everything from that zipped folder into this location.

6. Go back to your Prestashop themes page, refresh and you should see your new theme loaded there.

I am NOOOO expert, but that's how it works, and it's just worked for me this morning...

If you're already resolved the problem, I hope this is useful to somebody... :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same problem like "elation".

How about if I have changed few more regular modules and i want to zip all of them by themeinstaller ? Ofcourse I can not do that,

coz I can only zip other themes I guess didn't make by prestashop.

• 1 year later...